BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

8 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Aware that you want the minutes to read something like:

’KH, when standing up for the message board, ran across the table and gave SW a right hook across the face and shouted Venky’s Out’.

That didn’t happen though.
(Not just because I attended the meeting remotely 😅). I did challenge our CEO as soon as questions were open and if the minutes don’t convey what I said, I’ll be happy to expand on them.

He’s 70 

a left would of done 😁

• Like 1

On 23/07/2024 at 15:54, only2garners said:

The minutes come out anything from a couple of days after the meeting up to two weeks later. Firstly it depends on how  quickly I can write them. I try to be as quick as I can but often life gets in the way. Then the attendees from the club (and there have been quite a few recently) get to check them for any errors or clarifications. This can take a while especially in close season when holidays intervene. Then I give Forum members a day or so to do the same on the final version before they get published on the club website.

I will pre-empt any questions about what gets changed by saying that amendments by the club tend to be corrections of fact, amendment of typos etc rather than complete re-writes. One thing I can say about the current management team is that almost nothing of consequence is changed from my initial words. There is hardly anything changed in comparison to John Williams’ days when he would take out whole chunks that he decided he didn’t want to make public.

I wasn’t at the meeting last night so I can’t comment on this set of minutes. Back to enjoying a gorgeous day on a Cornish beach.

Are the minutes likely in the next couple of days or are they likely to be longer?

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Are the minutes likely in the next couple of days or are they likely to be longer?

As I said in the post I wasn’t at the meeting so I’ve no idea what stage they are at.

• Moderation Lead
30 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

looks like maggot in full control. No fans as far as I can see got the bollox to tell .

Not true, categorically.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

not true ..I stand corrected.. have you a link ?

Nobody has a link yet Abbey, because they haven’t been released. The moment they are released they are consistently posted almost immediately on here by members that have attended. 

You’re barking up the wrong tree and making yourself look very silly - fans are giving up their own time to go to these meetings and ask the questions they feel are important. If you read the notes and don’t feel the important things are being asked, why don’t you go? I know K-Hod as a friend. He will have asked the questions that represented the feel of the board. 

• Like 2

I won't lower myself to talk nicely to them.  I would honestly  get arrested if I went.  Why am I makinng myself look silly?  

what was said should be done without any agreements or disagreements with the fat controller.

my questions ..I'd get thrown out . 

There may or may not be sucking up to the Rovers hierarchy. But that is how it is perceived, because of the way the meetings are reported. Who are the club answerable to, if the supporters groups are not satisfied with the way the club handle the meetings, be that not answering questions or restricting reporting of discussions ? 

Forget about the FF minutes, there isn’t going to be anything but Swag stock answers, just not the group to provide what you want re a forensic grilling of executives.

What I want to know is what is the approach of the ‘Critical Friends?’ - you know, the group many of us actually fund to go in to bat in the best interests of Blackburn Rovers? When are we going to see some of the first bit of that tagline, and a bit less of the second?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ABBEY said:

I won't lower myself to talk nicely to them.  I would honestly  get arrested if I went.  Why am I makinng myself look silly?  

what was said should be done without any agreements or disagreements with the fat controller.

my questions ..I'd get thrown out . 

That's why nothing with your ranting and being aggressive in these meetings would be achievable and the meeting would be ended. 

You have been reasonable and show calmness which I am sure the WATR board and fans forum members are to get the answers you can from your questions asked. 

Out of interest Abbey? what questions would you ask?  

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Surely once the edited version has come back from the club is made public any missing meat from the bones can then be aired by those in attendance ?

The fundamental question is the one surrounding funding and the club’s earlier assertion that there was no impediment to future funding. In light of the limited budget, if that question was asked then I’m  not sure how he can wriggle out of it.

I guess we’ll soon find out!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The fundamental question is the one surrounding funding and the club’s earlier assertion that there was no impediment to future funding. In light of the limited budget, if that question was asked then I’m  not sure how he can wriggle out of it.

I guess we’ll soon find out!

I'm looking forward to that bit but not confident it'll make the final cut, if it was asked of course.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, damo100 said:

What a fantastic club we support. 

Silence is golden as far as Swag is concerned 😟 

The minutes are done. The club just need to upload them to their own website.

Nobody on the forum has the log in info for that, I’m afraid 👍.

• Like 1

As it stands we've got 10 minutes of highlights from the Tranmere friendly and absolutely nothing, not even the goals, from the Nuremberg, Morecambe or Wigan friendlies on the website.

So suspect if they can't even be arsed to put those on then minutes from the fans Forum way down the list of priorities.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

I know, I wasn't criticising you.

The club is bloody awful. 

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Whatever spin is put on them.  Thanks for being open as you can and raising the concerns of the message board. It's a thankless task for anyone with this lot.

• Like 2