BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

End of the day even WATR are still not budging from their ‘critical friend’ standpoint despite the club rapidly going down the plug hole, so I think you all need to dial down your expectations to how the FF will be approaching tonight

Some feet are firmly under the table and won't rock the boat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not that it would ever happen but I'm not sure how it being reported that the FF walked out because they weren't satisfied with the answers they were getting from the Club would reflect well on Waggott or "play into his hands".

I'm anticipating that the extent of the "inquisition" tonight will be a comment from Waggott that the Club are hoping the Court will follow the precedent set when they allowed a transfer of funds previously at which point everyone will nod and murmur appreciatively in agreement before moving on to the next agenda item.

Hoping to be proved wrong.

Waggott would become the victim in many people's eyes which would suit him down to the ground. I have never felt any value could be had by just walking out. Rather than that of he won't answer questions he should be pushed and the right tactics adopted to try and get answers. I personally don't like the idea of the club vetting the minutes before they go out and don't buy into the confidentiality bit. As a supporter and season ticket holder I should privvy to everything that is discussed. The days of niceties are gone for me and playing dirty should be the order of the day. Rovers are obliged to meet supporters bi-annually in a Consultation Meeting and have a Shareholder Meeting but haven't done since Covid, that being the convenient excuse. Waggott is getting away with murder.

• Like 7

Just now, arbitro said:

Waggott would become the victim in many people's eyes which would suit him down to the ground. I have never felt any value could be had by just walking out. Rather than that of he won't answer questions he should be pushed and the right tactics adopted to try and get answers. I personally don't like the idea of the club vetting the minutes before they go out and don't buy into the confidentiality bit. As a supporter and season ticket holder I should privvy to everything that is discussed. The days of niceties are gone for me and playing dirty should be the order of the day. Rovers are obliged to meet supporters bi-annually in a Consultation Meeting and have a Shareholder Meeting but haven't done since Covid, that being the convenient excuse. Waggott is getting away with murder.

Don't disagree with anything you say. I'm not expecting anything of value from tonight, I personally think this is such a crucial matter that a separate meeting should be demanded at which the gloves should be off and everything should be gone into forensically in minute detail.

I mean if the Club is going under, who cares if the new kits are all really nice or there's a new flavour of pie on offer this season or waiting time for  refreshments is likely to be less?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He wants as little as possible in the public domain, that would show him and the owners in a bad light. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't disagree with anything you say. I'm not expecting anything of value from tonight, I personally think this is such a crucial matter that a separate meeting should be demanded at which the gloves should be off and everything should be gone into forensically in minute detail.

I mean if the Club is going under, who cares if the new kits are all really nice or there's a new flavour of pie on offer this season or waiting time for  refreshments is likely to be less?

I firmly believe in the element of surprise. Waggott would have all his ducks in a row for a pre planned meeting working to an agenda. Tonight is ideal from a timing point of view and to take him by surprise. I don't know if questions will be asked or not but for anyone not grasping the gravity of our situation misses an opportunity to take him to task to praise the new kits design then we might as well put up the shutters now.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

He wants as little as possible in the public domain, that would show him and the owners in a bad light. 

I agree Carl but in my opinion the 'off the record' things should be made public. No doubt there will be posts that talk about trust but in my opinion we are now past that point. Our very future is at risk right now I believe which I'm pretty sure you think so too.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I agree Carl but in my opinion the 'off the record' things should be made public. No doubt there will be posts that talk about trust but in my opinion we are now past that point. Our very future is at risk right now I believe which I'm pretty sure you think so too.

Absolutely. I know at first hand how slippery Waggott is. 

Edited by lraC
  • Like 1

It’s such a golden opportunity to play hardball and insist on valid answers rather than being fobbed off. We have to show them that the fans are not going to take the usual bill***t. 
For anybody attending please be brave, resilient and ask repeated questions to get the answers we need. How can Venkies possibly carry on when they can’t fund us and we will be cast iron favourites for relegation.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve got a very long list of things to ask and won’t be taking it easy.

Appreciate it may not always come across properly in the minutes, but they’re only a summary. 

I’ve supported the club for over 30 years and had a season ticket for as long. It’s my club too and I absolutely have a dog in the fight. 

As ever, if anyone wants to take my place on the forum and believes they can do a better job, ask more probing questions or make the top brass feel the heat, you can always take my place and represent this site.

I’ve no problem giving my place up for someone who thinks they’ll do a better job. 

Will there be any post meeting comment do you anticipate or will it all wait until the minutes? 

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Will there be any post meeting comment do you anticipate or will it all wait until the minutes? 

If there are things the club has asked not to discuss until the minutes are released, then I’ll do that.
Otherwise, I’ll probably not shy away like!

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve got a very long list of things to ask and won’t be taking it easy.

Appreciate it may not always come across properly in the minutes, but they’re only a summary. 

I’ve supported the club for over 30 years and had a season ticket for as long. It’s my club too and I absolutely have a dog in the fight. 

As ever, if anyone wants to take my place on the forum and believes they can do a better job, ask more probing questions or make the top brass feel the heat, you can always take my place and represent this site.

I’ve no problem giving my place up for someone who thinks they’ll do a better job. 

Go for it and make this site proud. 

• Like 1

Tonight’s meeting is as important as it gets. Serious questions need asking. 

Do not accept Waggot’s answers. Keep probing. 

This is our chance to start the ‘downfall’ and put pressure on.

He has to be made to feel as uncomfortable as possible.

Edited by Moptop1

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

I have copied Upside Downs excellent post here which has a timeline on the court cases and decisions. I implore somebody from the Fans Forum to take this with them and get an answer and detail from Waggott on every point Upside Down has chronicled. I really think we are entering one of the most critical periods of our recent history (and that's some feat after the last 14 years) and us fans deserve better. And if he does get asked his answers should be minuted for all the fans to read. I believe we are past the point of 'off the record' conversations.

I'm going to post this one more time just so there is no confusion.

On 22nd August 2022 the Foreign Exchange Management (Overseas Investment) Rules were changed.

Rule 10 states that any residents of India that is currently under investigation by an agency of the government (of which the Directorate Of Enforcement is one) must obtain a 'No Objection Certificate' from that agency before being allowed to send funds outside of the country.

Venkys, who have been under investigation by the ED since sometime in 2021, applied for this to be able to send 26 million over. On 6th March 2023 this was rejected by the ED.

The following court cases were venkys fighting this decision.

Two payments have been made since then. The first of 3.54 million on 23rd June 2023, this was after the club had received a threat of winding up from HMRC. The second was for 11.45million. A detailed breakdown of costs was provided for this, 1.8 million allocated to 'agent fees'.

In both cases the ED faught tooth and nail against them being able to send money. The judgement of the court was that an equivalent bond be placed with the ED.

Venkys cannot send anything over without the NOC from the ED. The ED oppose this and that's what the court cases are for.

I'll send you the UNFINISHED full timeline in a minute.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I agree with the first three paragraphs unreservedly.

As far as the last two are concerned you're probably being a tad unfair on the majority of people who give their time and energy up for free to participate in WATR or the FF.

Nevertheless there is an element of truth in what you say, the problem with both these august bodies imo is that in the case of WATR they aspire to ultimately having a seat on the Board and a substantial say in the running of the Club and the people who run the FF are no doubt loath to put their cosy little chats in any jeopardy so in both instances they are coming from a position of not wanting to lose their access to the Club as opposed to one of being completely independent and feeling at liberty to say exactly what they want.

Yeah, I fully understand the point you make, which is why I couched it to not say all. 

The Chair of the Trust was bigging up Gestede’s appointment, while speculating that he was a “strong candidate for our next CEO” (meaning club CEO, I assume, rather than… Trust CEO?) while not long after mentioning details of the Wharton transfer on Twitter (not - as far as I know - publicly known before that point).

I do think - for whatever an online forum member’s opinion about a club’s fans forum matters - that you actually only really need to look at the outcomes to see if either of us is right or wrong. Supporter takeover days coordination is a positive. Asset of Community Value status for Ewood is a positive. 

In terms of actually engagement with the club - they really can’t get much done, on either side and come to the club’s defence more often than not.

I concede that I could be entirely wrong and truly Steve Waggott, his exec team and the owners are truly performing miracles down at Ewood and Brockhall, with the owners’ finance in particular not to be looked in the mouth. But I don’t think I am wrong and I suspect you don’t think that either.

So if it’s clear to you and I, why do both groups dodge it?

I do think our main point of agreement is that both, but especially the Trust, want the board seat and will bide their time and basically swallow anything in that time to ensure it happens for them. Crucially “them.”