BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

Rovers Insider gave an update on current sales of season tickets.

 Just over 8,900 had been sold (compared to 8,545 last season).
 76% of those are renewals.

 Adult – just under 4,000.
 Senior – just under 1,600.
 Juniors – just over 1,300.
 U12’s – 1,200. (12% up on last season).
 Young Adults – 600.

MG enquired about corporate sales and was this counted in the sales figures.

FR stated that corporate sales were included in the overall total.

Wow !

Conclusion.

24% (more) have fucked it off.

The cheap tickets stunt didn't work at all. In fact it was a disaster.

The cheap kids tickets worked (obviously).

Likelyhood is there will be far less match day walk ons.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Fraser Read (aka Rovers Insider) confirmed as leaving.

Salary going to a Japanese striker who will quietly wonder why his monthly payslip says "Fraser Read".

I have heard he is Rovers Insider too. Is that a definite or guesswork?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I don't like or rate the man (Waggott) either.

I also question the point of giving up my time to try and help the situation, when all I get is criticism and questioned on why I do what I do. Sounds like it's a complete waste of mine and everyone's time tbf.

I imagine you do it in the hope it will make a difference but with the expectation it will not. 

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I also question the point of giving up my time to try and help the situation, when all I get is criticism and questioned on why I do what I do. Sounds like it's a complete waste of mine and everyone's time tbf.

Keep plugging away, it's a very difficult job to be on a panel as opinions often differ.  It's far easier to represent a group with a set remit, as the opinions tend to be far more uniformed.  Minutes which must go through the club are always going to be contentious as its does not put meat on the bones , and to my best knowledge no one from the forum since its inception has ever broke ranks to elaborate on what was said. Its not a critism its an observation which supports the need for the on meetings to return in conjunction with the forum.

Me personally, I don't like to be tied to these rules.

Every meeting I've ever had I've reported nearly word for word what was said, and without the club censoring me.

As things start to ramp in terms of a direct opposition to the regime, it would be my intention to remain transparent as I always have. My loyalty is to the badge, town and heritage , not some employees who profit from the very things we all want to see protected 

3 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Rovers Insider gave an update on current sales of season tickets.

 Just over 8,900 had been sold (compared to 8,545 last season).
 76% of those are renewals.

 Adult – just under 4,000.
 Senior – just under 1,600.
 Juniors – just over 1,300.
 U12’s – 1,200. (12% up on last season).
 Young Adults – 600.

MG enquired about corporate sales and was this counted in the sales figures.

FR stated that corporate sales were included in the overall total.

Wow !

Conclusion.

24% (more) have fucked it off.

The cheap tickets stunt didn't work at all. In fact it was a disaster.

The cheap kids tickets worked (obviously).

Likelyhood is there will be far less mhas atch day walk ons.

The stupidity of keep hiking the price has killed any chance of this being successful.  Many are watching and would of bought on the back of the club investing in the squad if they di actually do this. These hikes will have most of the undecided deciding the hike has made their decision for them

• Like 1

The hounding of K-Hod has been just a tad OTT and its a shame that it would lead to him questioning his role.

But generally if you are on there to ‘help the situation’, don’t bother as it truly is a ‘waste of everybody’s time’ as it makes no tangible difference when you are sat across the table from slippery chancers like Swag.

Edited by Mattyblue

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I don't understand this narrative, where is this criticism coming from?

Of course fans are angry at the shambolic state of how our clubs being run, however, I don't really see much criticism aimed towards yourself and others.

Take my advice, ignore any negativity you deem is aimed, move on, if you can't, stop playing the martyr and step down 

• Like 1

@K-Hod I would just like to say thanks for all the time you give up personally to attend these meetings and asked the questions that we posted on here for yourself and others to asked at the Rovers Fans Forum. Please don't questioned your role cos you are doing the best you can in a different situation. 

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

Why, if Gestede has such an extensive network across France and Belgium and he was 'brought in' as Head of Football operations has he spent many months prior to getting the job shadowing Waggott, turning up at Fans Forum meetings and whatever else and hanging around Brockhall?

Surely he'd have been getting well paid employment somewhere putting those skills to use?

Wouldn't he had to do a work placement as per of football directorship course? 

Of course he will know different contacts around the French and Belgium football. 

8 hours ago, den said:

So we sign someone from Japan.

Wouldn't that be Park contact that found him and recommend him to us

Why will someone that left France 13 years ago and has never been a scout or a coach or has never lived or played or been a scout or coached in Belgium have ‘an extensive network of contacts across Belgium and France?’

Because he’s French and because err France is near Belgium?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

Thanks to whoever it was read out the timeline of events of the court case. 

The way to confront these frauds is with hard facts that cannot be denied. 

I have posted the full timeline on the Venkys HMRC thread. It's not complete yet but the bulk of it is there.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
5 hours ago, ABBEY said:

no hostile comments ...yup not enough .

nice nicy ain't working tho is it

It's probably not, but then again neither is anything that you're doing.

• Like 6

Knew that was coming last season with the amount of clubs not allowing pay on the day despite plenty room and un sold out home sections.

Almost like there is something afoot to discourage all but the hardiest of travellers especially with the new tv deal schedules.

There is going to be one bus full at some away games before long like the bad old days, wonder if there is a bit of govt netzero nudging beginning to propagate.

Edited by tomphil

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Anyone else notice the discreet passing mention that moving forwards tickets for all away games will only be available online?

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/august/01/ticket-news--norwich-city-v-rovers/

Now now JH, it ‘prevents ticket touting’, you know how it is, tickets for the likes of Norwich away are like gold dust.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

Knew that was coming last season with the amount of clubs not allowing pay on the day despite plenty room and un sold out home sections.

Almost like there is something afoot to discourage all but the hardiest of travellers especially with the new tv deal schedules.

There is going to be one bus full at some away games before long like the bad old days, wonder if there is a bit of govt netzero nudging beginning to propagate.

The ridiculous side of booking away tickets online is that you can still collect the paper ticket from Ewood. I booked our Norwich tickets yesterday and took up the option of picking them up rather than have them posted out. A few hours later I collected them. The Carabou Cup game at Stockport doesn't give you an option to collect them but you have to pay an extra £1.50 for them to be posted.

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, ABBEY said:

I'd wager I've done a lot more than you have 

We can agree to disagree on that one.

I can remember you sat behind me in NO1 a few years back. I remember a lot of anger tbh, so I suspect it's the same person 😀.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/ticket-details-blackburn-rovers-trip

Oxford have been given the paper ticket surcharge for their visit by the looks of it.

Also, ‘All Ticket game, no sales on the day’ - why? When there will be thousands of seats available in both home and away areas - that’s new for this season, to save employing a person for three hours in the away ticket office, presumably…

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/ticket-details-blackburn-rovers-trip

Oxford have been given the paper ticket surcharge for their visit by the looks of it.

Also, ‘All Ticket game, no sales on the day’ - why? When there will be thousands of seats available in both home and away areas - that’s new for this season, to save employing a person for three hours in the away ticket office, presumably…

Is 2980 the capacity in the top tier of the Darwen End? If that is the case then it could simply be that they are cutting back on manning levels. Hordes of Oxford fans turning up on the day would upset Caley's cosy little number.

• Like 1

The nudge to total digitalization continues as i predicted it would.

Why anyone young or old would want that is genuinely bizarre, losing peoples jobs, no human interaction, regular issues that cause problems and can't be sorted by simply speaking to someone.

Load of bollocks that doesn't save money it transfers it into someone else's pockets.

• Like 3