BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

A pay on the day turnstile would be the perfect solution for games such as this and some clubs still manage to have those.

If only ten turn up paying on the day you haven't wasted time and money opening an away ticket window but your PoD turnstile is still taking an extra few quid.

• Like 2

Nothing surprises me with this lot any more.

I caught up with someone I hadn't seen for years at a funeral the other day. Season ticket holder for decades, he had a seat in the JW Lower BBE side for 25 years+ since Ewood's redevelopment.

When the family section was moved into there, him and his mates were basically thrown out and told to find new seats. No "we're sorry about this, we've found you some new seats at a discount", no sweetener or recognition of their loyalty.

So you guessed it. They just jacked it in.

Those that run/own the club, they just don't care.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Nothing surprises me with this lot any more.

I caught up with someone I hadn't seen for years at a funeral the other day. Season ticket holder for decades, he had a seat in the JW Lower BBE side for 25 years+ since Ewood's redevelopment.

When the family section was moved into there, him and his mates were basically thrown out and told to find new seats. No "we're sorry about this, we've found you some new seats at a discount", no sweetener or recognition of their loyalty.

So you guessed it. They just jacked it in.

Those that run/own the club, they just don't care.

Said this years ago in regards to first the DE then the Family section Waggot has without doubt turned a few hundred season ticket holders into part time pay on the day or not at all.

Complete clownshow who then has to knock off 20 quid as a token gesture to try and stem the loss of regulars but when he was alienating hundreds a few years earlier they didn't give a toss. The guy as has been said by others has always been a wing it from one season to the next operator.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Said this years ago in regards to first the DE then the Family section Waggot has without doubt turned a few hundred season ticket holders into part time pay on the day or not at all.

Complete clownshow who then has to knock off 20 quid as a token gesture to try and stem the loss of regulars but when he was alienating hundreds a few years earlier they didn't give a toss. The guy as has been said by others has always been a wing it from one season to the next operator.

Waggott wasn't here when that decision was made to moved the family stand. Wasn't it when Myers, Shaw and Cheston time of running the club back in Spring/Summer 2016

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Waggott wasn't here when that decision was made to moved the family stand. Wasn't it when Myers, Shaw and Cheston time of running the club back in Spring/Summer 2016

The point still stands whether it was under Waggot's tenure or not.

The common demoninator is the owners, who continue to employ idiots to run the club on their behalf, and who in turn don't give a shiny one.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It was dumb whoever did it and the DE closure and similar alienating was definitely on his watch.

Very brainy from their point of view as it shoehorns the vast majority of fans that are left into camera facing areas (which is why they switched said cameras to the Riverside in the first place)

Of course increasing gates so you don’t have to engage in such schemes in the first place obviously takes actual brains.

• Like 1

Yep he spent a fortune on putting a new tv gantry in the riverside and moving from the already set up JW facilities allegedly at the owners request.

More like arse covering for the little North East  and shadow chairman clique at the time if you ask me although admittedly it looks way better.

Necessary expenditure though ?

Oh yeah, the Jack Walker being the focus instead of the Riverside on TV makes Ewood look great, still a testament to who the stand is named after, especially with a decent gate on like Friday, but yes, let’s not pretend they did it for aesthetics.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Am I right in saying they have sold out of the pink Rovers shirt? 

The Mrs fancied one after seeing it but can’t see it online…

I take it we have missed the boat based on previous years or will they restock? 

Looked to just be baby sizes available when I was in there yesterday. Annoying as wanted one for my daughter who's 4, neither away or 3rd had any stock in infant sizes.

I think November is the next drop of stock, by which time people aren't really wearing short sleeves.....

9 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Yeah am trying to get one. No adult pink shirts and the blue and white one is only small or xxxxxxxxl . I tried to see if it had been stated anywhere when they were going to restock, but nothing. I’m going to guess if they get there shit together it will be ready for Xmas sales

10 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I was in the shop on Friday looking to buy a females and 4 year old .The pink females was sold out 

11 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Yeah am trying to get one. No adult pink shirts and the blue and white one is only small or xxxxxxxxl . I tried to see if it had been stated anywhere when they were going to restock, but nothing. I’m going to guess if they get there shit together it will be ready for Xmas sales

Rovers will be getting another shipment in for all shirts in October/November 

• Like 1

First it was Covid and then an issue in the Suez Canal - what will their excuse be this time?

It really is poor particularly when we are on the bones of our arse and people want to spend money. We must be the only club in the country in this situation less than a month into a new season.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers will be getting another shipment in for all shirts in October/November 

here's a thought ...

hire a shop manager who knows and understands how and when to order enough stock.

• Like 3

It's basic merchandising. I've worked in supply chain for many years and if the stock isn't available during peak trade periods serious questions are asked, ultimately heads roll.

Merchandising clothing is pretty easy too, we have 2 main sales windows to capture as many as possible- A- when it first goes on sale before the season/before folk go on holiday. B- as Matty mentions, the festive period for gifting. 

If we have some left over so what? They'd easily sell at a discount which is better than having lost sales. All the kids at my daughters football training wear replica tops to train in, if we're getting rid of old stock at a tenner a pop I'd buy multiple.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

here's a thought ...

hire a shop manager who knows and understands how and when to order enough stock.

I don't think the shop manager is in charge of ordering the amount of shirts we buy, That will be CEO, COO and commercial manager job. I believe they ordered 25% more than last season, but sadly it look not enough even with another batch coming in October/November time. I would guess you would need to order at least 6 months in advance then add time for transport from the Far East