BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Yet you can't nip down and buy an away ticket from the ticket office. Ridiculous.

Just on that, are the actual ticket office windows open during the week, or is everything done from the club shop?

I was under the impression that they shut those ticket office windows (apart from matchdays) years ago, but that article reads like they are still open.

I'm pretty certain that the windows are only open on match days.

The real anomaly when buying tickets online is that you can collect them from Ewood after ordering them. So one of the shop staff have to still serve you and go and get the tickets. It's lunacy. I take this option because I pass Ewood a few times weekly but to have them posted is £1.50.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Opening hours of 10-4 makes no sense.

If the intention is to limit opening hours in order to cut costs, then why not do 12-6? At least then (working) customers have the opportunity of going either at lunch time or after work.

They patently don't want footfall in the shop.

They’re probably working on a plan to justify only opening on match days.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

I'm pretty certain that the windows are only open on match days.

The real anomaly when buying tickets online is that you can collect them from Ewood after ordering them. So one of the shop staff have to still serve you and go and get the tickets. It's lunacy. I take this option because I pass Ewood a few times weekly but to have them posted is £1.50.

rovers hierarchy and back office ,a byword for penny pinching,buerocracy and completely bizarre decisions,very monty python

17 minutes ago, DaveyB said:

The minutes mention a discount in the club shop for ST holders. As a ST holder this has passed me by somehow - does anyone know what discount we get and how to access it?

Could it be the second thing on this list? (Can’t help with how to access it sorry):

Not only can supporters access match-by-match equivalents of just £15 during this phase, but Season Ticket holders will also be eligible for the following benefits:

• Discounted club membership
  • 1 x 20% off Roverstore voucher (excludes Macron products – in-store and online) 
  • Priority access for away tickets via the loyalty points scheme 
  • 20% off matchday hospitality offerings (excluding Jack’s Kitchen) 
  • Opportunity to access Legends Lounge for selected matches 
  • Newsletter with exclusive competitions 
  • Discount for selected non-men’s first team matches 
  • Access to invite-only events throughout the season

5 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Could it be the second thing on this list? (Can’t help with how to access it sorry):

Not only can supporters access match-by-match equivalents of just £15 during this phase, but Season Ticket holders will also be eligible for the following benefits:

• Discounted club membership
  • 1 x 20% off Roverstore voucher (excludes Macron products – in-store and online) 
  • Priority access for away tickets via the loyalty points scheme 
  • 20% off matchday hospitality offerings (excluding Jack’s Kitchen) 
  • Opportunity to access Legends Lounge for selected matches 
  • Newsletter with exclusive competitions 
  • Discount for selected non-men’s first team matches 
  • Access to invite-only events throughout the season

The issue on this is a technical one I believe in that ST holders can get the discount online but not in the shop.

15 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Here we go again, round and round in circles.

Chaddy thinks ST's are value for money.

The overwhelming evidence of tickets sold, or lack of, completely suggests otherwise.

I said for me whilst acknowledging for others it isn't as simple that and the club need to address this issue next time, maybe get them on sell in March to July/August the same price or make the Riverside stand cheaper for people

Edited by chaddyrovers

30 minutes ago, only2garners said:

The issue on this is a technical one I believe in that ST holders can get the discount online but not in the shop.

I’ve just had a look on the online store and, even though I’m logged into my account and I am a ST holder, I can’t see an option to apply a discount - do you know where I can find it, or is there a code to enter or something?
(I was thinking of treating myself to one of the retro training tops)

11 hours ago, roverblue said:

I can feel my blood boil when I read that sob story about season tickets sales. How thick can they be to be suprised that season tickets were so low when we...

• Sold our best player for £20m and spent nothing in January.
  • Failed to properly register our only money signing in January.
  • Loaned out our club captain likely as much to do with money than sense.
  • Won 6 games at home all season.
  • Managed just 1 home win since October.
  • Had a new manager that still had not managed to win a home game.
  • Almost got relegated.
  • Planned to sell our next best player in summer.
  • Under a financial cloud due to the indian court case meaning we might not be able to sign any players or even worse sell large parts of the squad.
  • Sacked the entire recruitment and scouting department at the end of the season.
  • At the time of putting tickets on sale had made no signings.
  • Put the ticket price up mid-summer when we still hadnt made any signings.
  • Put out complete radio silence for most of summer so nobody had the first clue what was going on during the early bird price window.

They must be absolute complete and utter morons to think it would be anything other than a total washout.

If the chuckle brothers or an alien landed from mars did all the above even they wouldnt be suprised that people didnt fancy it.

They're deliberately trying to diminish the fanbase and have been at it for years.

The 'discounted' tickets were done to placate the Rovers Trust who had been banging on about cheaper tickets for a long time.

They set about making it as difficult as possible for people to get the 'discounted' tickets by putting them on sale as late as they could, taking the 'discount' away after only a month and disgustingly adding a £10 penalty fee for people who bought them from the club shop.

This will now be used as a stick with which to beat the Trust, saying that the club have 'tried' to do things that the Trust have been asking for and it was a failure.

They are so transparent in their tactics.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 2

What always comes out of those minutes to me is how transactional it all sounds. Be it Swag or whoever else from ‘Commercial’ they’ve wheeled in.

Where’s the passion for Blackburn Rovers? Where’s the ambition? Just a bunch of Peter Principle hired hands going through the motions.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

What always comes out of those minutes to me is how transactional it all sounds. Be it Swag or whoever else from ‘Commercial’ they’ve wheeled in.

Where’s the passion for Blackburn Rovers? Where’s the ambition? Just a bunch of Peter Principle hired hands going through the motions.

If only they were going through the motions.