BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Canaries. Sat 12th Dec 3pm

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

We’re just not good enough for a sustained promotion push. Look at that sides we beat and the sides that beat us. Today epitomises it. Played quite well at times but not enough in the final third and too unreliable at the back. No plan B if Armstrong isn’t firing. 

That's what gets me. We have no plan B for playing better teams. I highlighted it before and whilst I am.suoer grateful we now have a plan A if really doesn't work against the better teams. 

What's even more frustrating is this is meant to be our strongest squad so there should be options in there. 

Rinse and repeat. ‘Played well, unlucky’

Bottom line is we can’t get results against teams above us. Going forward we were decent but the subs killed the game, very odd.

Lenihan and Douglas are not up to it. I would play Downing at LB, pray we get Grant Hanley back or go back in for Kipre. Ayala can’t be arsed.

10 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Have we ever not been between 10th-14th? Mowbray'd to death, so over it 

Of course we have! Do you not remember the 18/19 season when we finished.......15th? 

I'm the same though. There's almost no point analysing the matches themselves or getting too upbeat or optimistic after a win because the bigger picture will always be the same - we'll never be challenging under Midtable Mowbray.

• Like 1

Just feeling disgusted right now. Those subs absolutely killed the game for us. Taking off 3 of your key players for 3 fringe players is outrageous.

Lenihan can absolutely fuck off as well. He should not have started ahead of Ayala. He has to be dropped for the next game.

• Like 2

Just now, AdamRochina said:

his subs baffled me,  its like he settled for a 2-1 loss :S

People need to understand that the 4-3-3 formation is brutal on the midfield 3 and the 2 wide men.

You can't play 90 minutes twice a week. Subbing them all at the same time was stupid, but all 3 were looking very tired. 

• Backroom

I had given up on promotion after we were beaten by a poor Bristol City team (who got beaten 2-0 and dominated by Rotherham today, btw). Even with Dack and Trav back it's just going to be another inevitable march towards mid-table, with the usual winning streaks and losing streaks that have become so common during Mowbray's time here. 

We desperately need a winner in the dugout who understands the importance of defending in the modern game. As a defender you'd think TM would get that, but his managerial career proves without a shadow of a doubt he does not understand it and has no intention of learning that lesson. 

• Like 5