BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Millwall v rovers

5 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I tink JRC exposed Nayambe's poor positioning and passing during his hour on the pitch.  He didn't seem to get forward to same extent though.  For me right back, as long as he can keep fit, is sorted for next season.  

Ridiculous statement imo.

JRC isn't remotely in Nyambe's class at RB, is extremely weak defensively, and looks like a player playing completely out of position there for me.  

He might be OK if you were playing him further forward in his more natural position.

Then again if it was JRC who kept getting ridiculously poorly treated by the manager, and wouldn't sign a new contract, I'm sure you would say you preferred Nyambe.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I didn't watch the game in full but going off highlights I'd play Buckley now for 5 games or so, see how he gets on with a regular start.

Agreed. Applies to all our youngsters, I think Mowbray ruined 2 years of BB's career by only giving him a very sporadic start then instantly dropping him again.

Think Buckley has raw ability but he isn't 16 or 17 he ought to be able to cut it by now if he's up to the grade.

Don't think he's shown he's as good as Joe H thinks, or as bad as Sparks thinks, but he needs regular game time and then we can judge. It's never affected more experienced people like Bennett and Evans being atrocious week after week, month after month, but our ownyoungsters seem to be judged by a different metric.

If they don't pull up trees they're straight out again.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ridiculous statement imo.

JRC isn't remotely in Nyambe's class at RB, is extremely weak defensively, and looks like a player playing completely out of position there for me.  

He might be OK if you were playing him further forward in his more natural position.

Then again if it was JRC who kept getting ridiculously poorly treated by the manager, and wouldn't sign a new contract, I'm sure you would say you preferred Nyambe.  

I think if you could combine the attributes of both players we would be fine 🙂

25 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Pick a side, bitch😉

I'm picking a side...the sidelines.

Don't rate Buckley at this time, and Whiteman clearly isn't coming here any time so couldn't give a hairy shit about him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

John Buckley is a local lad who will hear things. Like many players his age is an avid social media user. These players see the comments people make. You don't have to hear pressure in the stadiums as a Blackburn Rovers player right now to know that the fans are unhappy. There's nobody chanting "We want Mowbray Out" but TM knows full well the fans want change.

To answer the question of how you support a young player like that I'd say this: Praise them when they do well, give them chances for first team minutes, hype them up on social media, sing their name in the stands (when its possible), don't jump on their back when they make a mistake or two. Just because a players doesn't 'receive abuse' doesn't mean they're supported. I'm not questioning you as a supporter, or your status as a supporter... I just think we should be trying to see the good in our young talents rather than criticising them at every possible turn.

We DO have to get behind our young players. We should be doing everything we can to give our young footballers that we've produced, like Bucko who's been here since the age of 6, the best possible chance. There are particular supporters who for some unknown reason don't want to believe in John Buckley, and I don't understand it.

Is it because he's thin?

Well put to be fair. Ya, I think it's because he's light and looks very easy to shunt off the ball. That's his biggest weakness. He can pick a pass, but I don't think him getting the odd one wrong leads many fans to attack him or think it's an issue. It's how weak he looks. Now if he starts picking unbelievable passes out all the time, nobody will care about how physical he is, or isn't 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I enjoyed clips that focus on one moment of play. 

Yes I have seen the entire game and enjoyed the performance from the team. I enjoyed Dolan, Trybull and Rankin-Costello performances plus Lenihan and Harwood-Bellis partnership. Buckley was good but he did give the ball away but I would expect that in his development as player but I enjoyed those 2 passes he did. 

Have you heard or seen the comments from Kevin Gallagher that Mowbray hasn't manage Dack well after his injury by starting him too much and should have eased him be bringing of the bench to build his fitness up.  

Who knows if Mowbray will be here next season. Our view clearly think they should be change of manager as soon as possible. 

Who know if Dack will be key man next season. surely that depends on who the manager/head coach is and how they used him ? I wouldn't be playing him against Brentford as 3 games in week is too much for him after a serious injury. 

Ayala? when he is back fit will be when the season is over with. 

I would play Rankin Costello play now. I expect him to sign a new deal before the season ends. He will be key player for us going forward now. 

Loan Buckley out? what for? Play him here, he is good player and I player who will thrive playing regular first team football here. loaning him league 1 or 2 would help his develop how? 

I would let Evans, Downing, Johnson and Holtby all go. I would use Trybull more before the season ends and sign him if he impresses with performances. 

No I have not had any reason to listen to Radio Lancashire, I have watched each game this season, but I see that you have aligned your opinion to his. I think that is incorrect personally, as I said he has been back fit for months, its form, rhythm and sharpness that he needs, and I think that the positions Dack has played in and the shortness of his cameos have not enabled him to return to full form.

Like I said, I am unconvinced that Buckley is up to the standard to play in our team regularly. Maybe he can show something I have yet to see before the end of the season, failing that, I would loan him out.

36 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well put to be fair. Ya, I think it's because he's light and looks very easy to shunt off the ball. That's his biggest weakness. He can pick a pass, but I don't think him getting the odd one wrong leads many fans to attack him or think it's an issue. It's how weak he looks. Now if he starts picking unbelievable passes out all the time, nobody will care about how physical he is, or isn't 

I think his use of the ball was the biggest worry yesterday. Physically he was competitive and won the ball back a few times.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Is it because he's thin?

I think it’s fair to say most top footballers undergo a body transformation at some point in their career - either through hard work or maturity. It’s not random that the elite clubs develop their players in this way. I can’t see any reason why it isn’t entirely plausible to suggest Buckley is currently lightweight and to succeed at a high level, must fill out. 

60809035-862C-4177-B23F-8A184CDD73E7.jpeg

E1C8CDE7-4E32-4D9B-B188-0E0AE01A0CA7.jpeg

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No I have not had any reason to listen to Radio Lancashire, I have watched each game this season, but I see that you have aligned your opinion to his. I think that is incorrect personally, as I said he has been back fit for months, its form, rhythm and sharpness that he needs, and I think that the positions Dack has played in and the shortness of his cameos have not enabled him to return to full form.

Like I said, I am unconvinced that Buckley is up to the standard to play in our team regularly. Maybe he can show something I have yet to see before the end of the season, failing that, I would loan him out.

I think his use of the ball was the biggest worry yesterday. Physically he was competitive and won the ball back a few times.

Ya,it clicked yesterday alright. If he can combine the 2... 

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I think it’s fair to say most top footballers undergo a body transformation at some point in their career - either through hard work or maturity. It’s not random that the elite clubs develop their players in this way. I can’t see any reason why it isn’t entirely plausible to suggest Buckley is currently lightweight and to succeed at a high level, must fill out. 

60809035-862C-4177-B23F-8A184CDD73E7.jpeg

E1C8CDE7-4E32-4D9B-B188-0E0AE01A0CA7.jpeg

Surely that Ronaldo picture should be banned from the site 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

You could listen to Radio Lancashire before games or to their pre weekend show on Friday night. No I haven't aligned my opinion to his as I have been saying this for months on here, Gallagher only said this on Saturday. Dack's performances haven;t warrant his starting every game. He had serious injury and we should have eased him back him. Dack has been back for 2 months. hardly months is it. coming off the bench for few games which have helped him more. then starting games so early in his comeback. Mowbray mismanaged him and his comeback. 

What is loaning Buckley going to achieve now? Why not build the midfield around him and Travis for next season. There is plenty of Buckley game that shows why he should be starting here for Blackburn Rovers Football Club

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You could listen to Radio Lancashire before games or to their pre weekend show on Friday night. No I haven't aligned my opinion to his as I have been saying this for months on here, Gallagher only said this on Saturday. Dack's performances haven;t warrant his starting every game. He had serious injury and we should have eased him back him. Dack has been back for 2 months. hardly months is it. coming off the bench for few games which have helped him more. then starting games so early in his comeback. Mowbray mismanaged him and his comeback. 

What is loaning Buckley going to achieve now? Why not build the midfield around him and Travis for next season. There is plenty of Buckley game that shows why he should be starting here for Blackburn Rovers Football Club

Had Dack suffered a series of (or indeed any) muscular injuries since his return to the first team, I would suggest that there would be weight behind the argument that he has started too many games. That is not the case, it is his form and sharpness that has been lacking. So whilst I agree that Mowbray has mismanaged him, I think that has been by not starting him often enough, playing him in incorrect positions and constantly changing his role and also the shape of the team.

On Buckley, I dont think you understand that I am saying that I dont think he is close to being of the quality to be a regular in a Championship team, especially one with supposed aspirations of eventual promotion. If he goes out on loan and stars, then maybe he could be following that loan.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes, but more to Joe's original post, this is the world we live in. You are a pro footballer. it is impossible that you will be able to stamp out all negativity. There will always be 'haters' (is that the phrase/).  

It is part of the life of being a pro footballer. If you cannot handle that side of it, maybe you should consider another career.

52 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Had Dack suffered a series of (or indeed any) muscular injuries since his return to the first team, I would suggest that there would be weight behind the argument that he has started too many games. That is not the case, it is his form and sharpness that has been lacking. So whilst I agree that Mowbray has mismanaged him, I think that has been by not starting him often enough

Dack did suffer a muscle injury during his comeback actually. It was his tv series with his missus. 

53 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

On Buckley, I dont think you understand that I am saying that I dont think he is close to being of the quality to be a regular in a Championship team, especially one with supposed aspirations of eventual promotion. If he goes out on loan and stars, then maybe he could be following that loan.

He is more than good enough and just the type of player you need in your midfield 2 with Travis/Trybull. Especially going forward should be one of our key player going forward from here in the 1st team squad.

Loaning him would be a massive waste of time and his talent. 

re Buckley...

people are discussing if he could possibly be mid Championship level if he has a run of games.

Piss poor standards.

If he isn't knocking on the PL standard then he's no good for us.

If that was the case he would stand out every time he's given a chance and would therefore be a regular.

This does not mean he isn't a talented lad... but according to my expectations he isn't good enough for Rovers and the PL.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dack did suffer a muscle injury during his comeback actually. It was his tv series with his missus. 

He is more than good enough and just the type of player you need in your midfield 2 with Travis/Trybull. Especially going forward should be one of our key player going forward from here in the 1st team squad.

Loaning him would be a massive waste of time and his talent. 

Since Dack returned to first team duty on boxing day, he has been in the squad for all 15 games, getting onto the pitch every time, never missing out with an injury. He has only started 5 of these, and never has picked up an injury, both at odds with the theory that he has started too many times so soon after said injury. Those 5 games have included starts on the left wing, deeper in midfield and as a false 9 which further supports my view that playing him out of position has hindered him, as well as a lack of starts.

5 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

re Buckley...

people are discussing if he could possibly be mid Championship level if he has a run of games.

Piss poor standards.

If he isn't knocking on the PL standard then he's no good for us.

If that was the case he would stand out every time he's given a chance and would therefore be a regular.

This does not mean he isn't a talented lad... but according to my expectations he isn't good enough for Rovers and the PL.

I reckon you’ll end up having to eat your words.

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Since Dack returned to first team duty on boxing day, he has been in the squad for all 15 games, getting onto the pitch every time, never missing out with an injury. He has only started 5 of these, and never has picked up an injury, both at odds with the theory that he has started too many times so soon after said injury. Those 5 games have included starts on the left wing, deeper in midfield and as a false 9 which further supports my view that playing him out of position has hindered him, as well as a lack of starts.

He picked up injury or 2 on his comeback from starting training after his serious injury. Correct?

His best performances apart from yesterday have all come from the bench.

Would you start him in both home games this week? 

Team Buckley vs Team anti Buckley. 

This is just the internet. I think quite a few people, myself included have given a balanced opinion on his performance. His best one yet, however he was still very sloppy at times. Plenty of people the pounce, saying he was quality etc etc. It gets tiresome. As far as I can see there are only about one or two posters (Ben Whiteman included who is weirdly on this messageboard) who are claiming he was total shite. He had a good game. Mainly his work off the ball. With the ball he was a mixed bag. Two good bits a plenty of lost possession. Hopefully he builds on what was overall a good performance. Let's have a bit of balance.

38 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I reckon you’ll end up having to eat your words.

Based on your opinion or supposed whispers from others? 

Either way, lets hope all doubters do need to eat their words, me included.

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He picked up injury or 2 on his comeback from starting training after his serious injury. Correct?

His best performances apart from yesterday have all come from the bench.

Would you start him in both home games this week? 

I meant since he returned to playing for the first team. And thats not helped because most of his starts were not in his best position.

Unless he shows signs that he is at risk of injury, of course.

41 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I meant since he returned to playing for the first team. And thats not helped because most of his starts were not in his best position.

Unless he shows signs that he is at risk of injury, of course.

So you want to ignore the injuries he picked since returning to training. Why? 

Crazy to start him in both games imo. He hasnt got the fitness for me. I would start him against Swansea and bench him for Brentford game 

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So you want to ignore the injuries he picked since returning to training. Why? 

Crazy to start him in both games imo. He hasnt got the fitness for me. I would start him against Swansea and bench him for Brentford game 

I can't see more than a handful starting Sat, Tues, Fri this week.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1