BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Norwich (a) - 20/3/21

5 hours ago, lraC said:

Simon Garner is a club legend and neither Rhodes or Armstrong are anywhere near. 

garner a better all round footballer than both of them,though in mowbrays side he`d have ended up on the wing on the rare occasion he got picked,he`d have clashed with mowbray over his off the field habits no doubt,i don`t think there is much tolerance for individuality in tony`s dressing room

got to smile when i imagine mowbray trying to manage some of our maverick players,he`d have to go the therapy dealing with  the likes of todd,speedie,bellamy,keeley etc

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bazza said:

I wondered who would be the first to remind me. CongratulationsTomphil!  😃

Been wrecking my brain all night to remember who the opposition was. I distinctly remember my young self watching him in goal once, don't think i dreamt it but you never know.

I'll take a punt and say it was Ipswich at home when either Gennoe or O'keefe got stretchered off. Garner took over and we won 1-0 i think Hendry scored just after the keeper incident.

I recall the BBE roaring every time Garner touched it, a wall of noise helping him keep the ball out. He was probably the smallest on the team as well !

Imagine a time with no reserve keepers, what were they thinking back then 😂

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

Been wrecking my brain all night to remember who the opposition was. I distinctly remember my young self watching him in goal once, don't think i dreamt it but you never know.

I'll take a punt and say it was Ipswich at home when either Gennoe or O'keefe got stretchered off. Garner took over and we won 1-0 i think Hendry scored just after the keeper incident.

I recall the BBE roaring every time Garner touched it, a wall of noise helping him keep the ball out. He was probably the smallest on the team as well !

Imagine a time with no reserve keepers, what were they thinking back then 😂

Almost certain it was Ipswich. What I am certain of is that Vince O’Keefe ended up in the next bed to me in hospital that night with a broken leg. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Almost certain it was Ipswich. What I am certain of is that Vince O’Keefe ended up in the next bed to me in hospital that night with a broken leg. 

Thought it was Ipswich but wasn't sure which keeper, did we loan Marriot after that then ?

You weren't the one clattering Vince for Ipswich were you ? 😅

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Not sure it was. O'Keefe actually played a blinder in the FMC final,as Gennoe was out.

I am pretty sure Vince did break his leg against Ipswich, but not in the FMC...

Yeah it wasn't the FMC game i know that for sure i was on Riverside that night but BBE the night in question.

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

You weren't the one clattering Vince for Ipswich were you ? 😅

Ha ha no but funnily enough it was Turton’s keeper that had put me in hospital with a shocking challenge. I never really recovered from it to be honest and lost a yard of pace. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Not sure it was. O'Keefe actually played a blinder in the FMC final,as Gennoe was out.

I am pretty sure Vince did break his leg against Ipswich, but not in the FMC...

Of course. How stupid of me. 

8 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Ha ha no but funnily enough it was Turton’s keeper that had put me in hospital with a shocking challenge. I never really recovered from it to be honest and lost a yard of pace. 

Bloody hell Andy, that would have meant you were running backwards.

😁😁😁😁😁😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Bloody hell Andy, that would have meant you were running backwards.

😁😁😁😁😁😁

Ha ha touche Tony. You're not far off there. I was lightning fast over two yards, not so much over 30 or 40 :)

Ronnie Tattersall said it was the worst challenge he'd ever seen, the lad got a straight red, and it was the first minute of the game as well. 

• Like 1