BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Strange deal for all concerned tbh. I can’t see TM giving Chapman the run of starts that he needs to find his feet at this club, while on the other hand if he does find them it’s another player we could end up losing for free at the end of the season. 

Mowbray has proven in his time that he doesn't trust Chapman and won't give him starts.

Uninspiring and bizarre decision but only to be expected here. To only go for one year suggests that there isn't much confidence at the clubs end.

I wonder if the plan is to just play him come what may over the next few months and then try to sell him for some sort of fee off the back of it to raise cash.

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Mowbray has proven in his time that he doesn't trust Chapman and won't give him starts.

Uninspiring and bizarre decision but only to be expected here. To only go for one year suggests that there isn't much confidence at the clubs end.

I wonder if the plan is to just play him come what may over the next few months and then try to sell him for some sort of fee off the back of it to raise cash.

Ya. It's illogical. If it goes well, which we want, then we lose him for nothing next summer. Unless there is an option of a year in the clubs favour, then again seems nobody knows whats in payers contacts, not players ,not the manager 

Chapman signing another year is very surprising, and it leads me to thing a proper embargo is looming. Extending deals of players whose registration we hold is permissible while bringing in new players is more difficult. 

He seems to be a player Mowbray doesn’t really want, and was likely on a better deal with us than he could hope of getting in League one. He will probably be happy to make up the squad numbers for another year on double the basic wage he’d command elsewhere.

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead

Random to be signing Chapman tbh.

Whilst there may have been issues with his attitude, I certainly don’t think Mowbray has given him anywhere near enough of a chance. Though I don’t think my attitude would be in the best place if my manager played someone in my position ahead of me that has no experience or the relevant skill set to play there….

• Like 4

Chapman signs the conspiracy boys have a field day, if Chapman didn’t sign same comment, let’s just pretend TM thinks he might come good, and he’s giving him another 12 months to do it, just a sensible decision all round if you ask me.

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, unsall said:

Chapman signs the conspiracy boys have a field day, if Chapman didn’t sign same comment, let’s just pretend TM thinks he might come good, and he’s giving him another 12 months to do it, just a sensible decision all round if you ask me.

That’s a hell of a stretch from the posts so far….

21 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

It's absolutely annoying me that Rovers twitter announcing it like a new signing it's embarrassing.

Because gullible idiots ie most rovers fans will swallow this up. Act like its a great bit of business 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Chapman played quite a few games in the Dack role for Shrewsbury. If we go back to that formation maybe he will be given time to prove himself before Dack returns to fitness.

I'm pleased he's staying. Up to the manager now to give him a proper chance. 

Will we though? I fear it could be Mowbrays most muddled season to date. Trying to get the best bits of that formation and 4-3-3 and landing somewhere bad. It's difficult to see where Chapman fits into 4-3-3 alright though. 

I would go with this

Kaminski

Lenihan Ayala Wharton

Nyambe                                 Pickering

(6) Travis 

(8)  Davenport 

(10)  Rothwell (or Buckley)

Brereton    Armstrong (or Gallagher) 

Basically 5-3-2 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Will we though? I fear it could be Mowbrays most muddled season to date. Trying to get the best bits of that formation and 4-3-3 and landing somewhere bad. It's difficult to see where Chapman fits into 4-3-3 alright though. 

I would go with this

Kaminski

Lenihan Ayala Wharton

Nyambe                                 Pickering

(6) Travis 

(8)  Davenport 

(10)  Rothwell (or Buckley)

Brereton    Armstrong (or Gallagher) 

Basically 5-3-2 

I’ll give you any odds you like against that team starting our first league game.

53 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Happy that Chapman has signed a new deal. If, and its a big if, he can stay fit and get some game time it would be great to see him take Gallagher off the wing.

I'm genuinely not sure why he signed the deal though. 

More likely to be Chapman through the middle and Gallagher still lumbering up and down the wing to be honest.

Anyway, if he makes more than 5 starts over the season I'll be amazed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

More likely to be Chapman through the middle and Gallagher still lumbering up and down the wing to be honest.

Anyway, if he makes more than 5 starts over the season I'll be amazed.

Sadly, you'll likely be correct on both points there.

No mention of an option for another year, so if he does play well, we could end up losing him for nothing at the end of the season.

50 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

This is actually a very scary signing. Regardless of what you think about Chapman and whether he's been given a fair crack by old Tonybola, he was out the door and gone. This just screams, "we know we can't get anyone else of value in, let's pad the squad out".

This is it for me. Think trouble is really brewing if w are resigning players the manager doesn't rate. 

It’s hard to follow evolving plot lines on here, given that losing him was a bad thing and now signing him is a bad thing, but, given any player with an ounce of potential would do anything to get away from the Moggasaurus, I’m unclear if this means that Chapman is a gifted player who can’t wait to blossom under ANO Manager or, in fact, a brainless oaf, unwanted by other clubs, who couldn’t give a shit about his career other than making a few more quid?

3 hours ago, JohnGo said:

I’ve read the LT article again (twice), and I don’t get that impression. It’s a delay at Companies House due to COVID backlog. Not an issue with the submission. Has he wrote something on the tinternet?

The Companies House delay is a red herring. The only thing that matters is EFL approval of the accounts and projections.

• Like 2

All rather underwhelming. The further embargo would be of no surprise really, continued incompetence.

The Chapman signing makes little sense and maybe @Miller11 hits the nail on the head that it is out of necessity due to the embargo?

Either way, he obviously has talent but he quite clearly isnt fancied by Mowbray so is there any point?

Reach has always come across as a highlights player, capable of occasional brilliance but usually does little. Obvious talent in there but also a lazy signing for Mowbray who has a European scouting network specifically in Teeside. Safe to say that Sheffield Wednesday fans wouldnt recommend him:

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/300647-adam-reach-bristol-city/?tab=comments#comment-9800611