BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

4 minutes ago, TruRover said:

11 goals in league one doesn’t seem to be mind blowing. Can’t say I’ve any knowledge of him as a player. What do you know about him? 

Wouldn’t of minded Kirk from Crewe. 

We've bought the player who was allegedly Crewe's best player.  Jury is out on whether he will make the step up to the Championship. 

We don't need any more league one players. 

• Like 3

Probably been said before but I'm not sure how comfortable I am spending 6m on one player. From all I've read it would be a punt getting this lad from Southampton so I think I'd rather spread it about and get 2 or 3 signings. 3 permanent and a couple of loans is way better than 1 permanent with 4 or 5 loans. 

• Like 1

Just now, RoverDom said:

Probably been said before but I'm not sure how comfortable I am spending 6m on one player. From all I've read it would be a punt getting this lad from Southampton so I think I'd rather spread it about and get 2 or 3 signings. 3 permanent and a couple of loans is way better than 1 permanent with 4 or 5 loans. 

It's not £6m...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, USA Rover said:

Look, I think 99% of us are done with Mowbray, but do you want him to say "we have 7.2M to spend"???  Don't show your hand.  We are clearly open for business, but we shouldn't tell teams what the owners are letting him spend.  It's Negotiations 101. 

The criticism was more about the way the club is run and the lack of clarity regarding finances available coming from our negligent owners.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I have my doubts but the training pitch is the place to see if it could work. What exactly do they do ?
Who though a very average left back ( Fred Pickering ) could become a top class centre forward or a very average midfield player ( Andy McEvoy ) could become a top class striker ? We experimented with players then.

We had a proper manager who had the ability to see things back then.

29 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

We've bought the player who was allegedly Crewe's best player.  Jury is out on whether he will make the step up to the Championship. 

We don't need any more league one players. 

Young, promising L1 players is exactly where we should be spending our money.

The trick is identifying the ones that can push on to play at the next level. 

• Like 5

I personally hope that the Obafemi deal comes off. We're not in a position to sign proven players so we either take a punt on someone from the lower leagues or we take a punt on a young striker who hasn't quite made the grade at a premier league club. 

From the small number of times I've seen him play he looks to have a lot of potential - and great pace. You have to be half decent to be in and around the first team of a premier league club. 

In saying all of that, I'm not convinced he will want to move here. Will likely mean a drop in wages as well as a complete re-location. That's a huge thing for a 21 year old. I think he may end up on loan at a championship club based in London. 

Edited by rovers11

50 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The criticism was more about the way the club is run and the lack of clarity regarding finances available coming from our negligent owners.

Villa are finding it hard to do deals now that everyone knows they have cash after the Grealish sale. Keep it tight-lipped, nobody needs to know how much we have to spend other than the ones handling the dealings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

This has to be tongue in cheek?

Gallagher's first touch usually sees the ball bounce 2 yards away, his 2nd touch involves him trying to win it back again, and his 3rd touch (if the 2nd is successful) usually sees him pass it to an opponent

So no, I don't see him being a success in the confined spaces in midfield

Comparisons to one of the best midfield players of this generation are, how to put it politely.... ludicrous

🙂

No but I can see the humour in the suggestion.

His first touch isn't that bad, not perfect but certainly not Kevin Davies bad (bag of cement bad).

If he's in midfield he's taking the ball shorter from defence not pulling down from a 40 yard pass back to front.

Just a thought I had that's all.  And no there's no comparison between Gally and Lampard I meant only the position he played and his role in the team. I could imagine Gally there if Rothwell buggers off and we have no cash for a replacement. He has an engine, he's competitive, he can find space, he can score.

Certainly something i'd try out on the training pitch. Can't be more wasted there than he is out on the wing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

🙂

No but I can see the humour in the suggestion.

His first touch isn't that bad, not perfect but certainly not Kevin Davies bad (bag of cement bad).

If he's in midfield he's taking the ball shorter from defence not pulling down from a 40 yard pass back to front.

Just a thought I had that's all.  And no there's no comparison between Gally and Lampard I meant only the position he played and his role in the team. I could imagine Gally there if Rothwell buggers off and we have no cash for a replacement. He has an engine, he's competitive, he can find space, he can score.

Certainly something i'd try out on the training pitch. Can't be more wasted there than he is out on the wing.

Is that you Mogadon ? Softening us up for your next peculiar team selection?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TruRover said:

11 goals in league one doesn’t seem to be mind blowing. Can’t say I’ve any knowledge of him as a player. What do you know about him? 

Wouldn’t of minded Kirk from Crewe. 

Armstrong only scored 9 league goals in league one (Graham 14).

• Like 1