BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

46 minutes ago, Silas said:

So....far as I can tell there's only 2 teams in whole of Championship that haven't signed a single player, us and Reading.

And Balaji's telling me the "future looks bright"!!

Any chance he can point out where. I'm not seeing much light amongst the gloom. Feels more like a total eclipse tbh.

A nuclear blast is bright in the beginning...

16 minutes ago, bazza said:

I'm not surprised he has turned us down. Any decent footballer in his right mind wouldn't touch this basket case of a club.

Mowbray and his entourage out.

After everything you’ve seen in your time Bazza, this must break your heart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4000Holes said:

Now is the time for Venkys to return.

Balaji can jet in, call a meeting with Waggott informing him that his services are no longer required and his last act will be to inform Mowbray and Venus they are dismissed.  Oh and please leave the keys of the company cars on the table as you leave the building.

Should that happen, I think I could start the process of forgiveness?

Do they seriously have company f***ing cars?

Edited by Bethnal

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Do they seriously have company fucking cars?

Beggars belief doesn’t it? They get paid hundreds of thousands a year yet they still don’t expect to pay for their cars of utility bills. 

• Like 2

Why would you come here?

I can’t think of a single reason that a young footballer career wise would make this his choice. If it was your son would you say go to Rovers get yourself a football education under Mowbray. Even our own players won’t sign. Armstrong was smart he turned last season into his own personal show And got out. Don’t pass , don’t play people in, don’t play for the team and it’s worked. 

Nyambe and Rothwell are gone bad wages comparatively and have not progressed add Raya to that. He hands out big money to players like Ayla downing Evans mulgrew etc mainly to do his job for him. Worse signs Pears on more than Nyambe??...

We as supporters appear to have set a bench mark that you are ok if you are not worse than Kean. I’ll give you three including Kean that all fall inside the same area. They talk big and deliver little, they discuss themselves as football philosophers and in two of the cases have lived off one success. Coyle , Kean and Mowbray. Character wise they may be different but result wise they are the same. 

I prefer Kean to Mowbray for one simple reason because one of them is still here.

I would like a new bench mark are they better than Hughes or  Souness same small club same financial restrictions same fighting the big boys. He will take us down it’s a given. 

• Like 3

I actually prefer Kean to Mowbray because at least most people saw through him fairly early on. It took a long time for him to go but we knew he would eventually.  I can't see a day when Mowbray goes, and some fans still seem to support/feel sorry for him. in Kean's day we still had the odd good player and we did at least get some entertaining football.  There were some decent stories about the players getting angry at Kean.  Nowadays they just go to sleep when Mowbray starts talking.

• Like 7

I'm not too fussed about Obafemi, as long as we are going to sign someone.

Flogging AA was inevitable but there has to be a plan for a replacement. Should have had one for months as the AA sale has been on the cards for long enough.

If there is some transfer funds now available, we need to strengthen a couple of areas of the pitch if possible.

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, alcd said:

Obafemi looks like Simeon Jackson Mk 2.Dodged a bullet there. 

In what sense? Didn’t we get Jackson for a free when his career was on the slide?

• Like 2

I'm interested as to how the Obafemi deal affects the dynamic of the Armstrong fee. Surely there can't be a clause about one depending on the other?

Otherwise, Newcastle would easily be able to argue that they're being done out of 40% of an extra fee of the Obafemi deal goes ahead...

Any thoughts?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jones_rover said:

I'm interested as to how the Obafemi deal affects the dynamic of the Armstrong fee. Surely there can't be a clause about one depending on the other?

Otherwise, Newcastle would easily be able to argue that they're being done out of 40% of an extra fee of the Obafemi deal goes ahead...

Any thoughts?

I presume the 3 million extra will then have the same 40% sent off to Newcastle. Hence the fee undisclosed

Seems like a convenient time to remind people that talking about, trying to and making offers to players isn't the same as making signings.

You can talk to hundreds of players, make bids for them, but if they all turn you down or other clubs beat us to it then it matters not.

In windows gone by Mowbray has made excuses for a lack of action by convincing people we were in for the right people but just couldn't get the deals done.

Good at making excuses this lot. 

Action is in much shorter supply.

• Like 3

Not sure we will get any more money off Southampton to be honest.

It was billed as a separate deal to the AA one, so now he's signed and that deal is done, not sure how or why Southampton would give us anymore money.

I suspect we had first dibs on Obafemi but not much else, possibly got a knock down fee to boot but it won't be that they will just pay us another £3m because he isn't coming.

27 minutes ago, den said:

We need more than one of both Gav.

We have £14m worth of strikers at the club already, but we can’t keep a clean sheet. 

If we had any chance of going up I’d tend to agree with you den, but we will finish mid table this season, again, it’s time to sure up the defence and Kaminski and Pickering are a start, central defender needed.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Am I missing something, are we basing this Obafemi turned us down conclusion on some wank football insider Web page or other sources? Doesn't exactly sound legit on there... 

Could be some truth in your thoughts. It was only an hour earlier that TM was quoted it would be sorted in next few days. Either way I'm not too bothered. We need a goal scorer but Obafemi is cut price being pushed on us as part of, albeit indirectly, the Armstrong deal. 

Edited by Cherry Blue

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

We have £14m worth of strikers at the club already, but we can’t keep a clean sheet. 

If we had any chance of going up I’d tend to agree with you den, but we will finish mid table this season, again, it’s time to sure up the defence and Kaminski and Pickering are a start, central defender needed.

The price tag doesn’t prove anything about their ability - which is nowhere near good enough Gav. You can’t defend your way to mid table. 

IMO, if Mowbray can’t find two forwards that can score 30 goals between the two of them I doubt we will finish mid table.

Better hope Dack comes back and works miracles.

• Like 3