BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Didnt Chile crash out early on? In all honesty I’m not arsed what he does with Chile, just want to see more in a rovers shirt, heard he was woeful again Tuesday night 

Everyone was woeful in the second half at least on Tuesday night.

They crashed out to Brazil losing 1-0 in the quarter final.

He played well in spells last season his assists and goals improved also and he played well enough against Swansea.He can improve but we shouldn't be contemplating letting him run his contract down .He is an asset and is getting better

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Brereton was indeed woeful on Tuesday. His close control was abysmal.

I can't help but think that all this Chile/Pepsi business is turning him into some sort of cult figure, but disguising the fact that he's not all that he's cracked up to be.

He played well the week before.Hardly anyone comes out with credit for Tuesday night 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Brereton was indeed woeful on Tuesday. His close control was abysmal.

I can't help but think that all this Chile/Pepsi business is turning him into some sort of cult figure, but disguising the fact that he's not all that he's cracked up to be.

It's no coincidence he played better away from TM and now declines again once back in his realm. TM sucks the life out of player's, hardly any have improved drastically and he has handled BB poorly from day one. If I were Brerton, I'd run my contract down and walk for free.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Brereton is at the stage now ,imo ,where he needs to be hitting close to 20 when it comes to combined goals and assists. Otherwise,what's the point? 

he is`nt going to get close to that figure as he plays wide,is always coming inside and is pretty awful at finishing,unless he suddenly transforms into ronaldo he is`nt likely to break double figures,personally think he`s wasted where he plays,id`e give him a free role behind the main striker,a role that rothwell would also be good at,but it is`nt going to change is it🤔

43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Brereton is at the stage now ,imo ,where he needs to be hitting close to 20 when it comes to combined goals and assists. Otherwise,what's the point? 

Regardless where he plays? Are you expecting 60 goal contributions from the front three then?

I think 15+ contributions from him would be fine if he is out wide. It's long since stopped mattering what his fee was, he's just another one of our players in a midtable at best side.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

20 max (between them)

18 league goals between them last season (Gallagher 8, Brereton 7, Dolan 3). I could see them getting more fairly comfortably this time round. I don't think many in here would say any of them had a particularly good season last season.

Edited by RoverKyle

9 hours ago, Gav said:

**Disclaimer:

I don't want us to sell the training ground, I'm just stating the facts which are missing in this debate**

Many football clubs in dire financial trouble sell the training ground, Wigan, Bolton, PNE, Portsmouth, Sunderland and Sheff Weds just off the top of my head, why are we any different? Why are we such a special case?

Venkys own the training ground, they own Ewood and the land surrounding the ground, nothing goes through unless they sign off, its basic stuff this.

Because they are billionaires and when they had the bright idea to own a football club they should have respected the history and what it meant to the thousands of fans that it means the world to.

Part of which is maintaining, not dismantling it.

• Like 4

Just now, RoverKyle said:

18 league goals between them last season. I could see them getting more fairly comfortably this time round.

Yeah, except that separate of AA's goals.

They have to make up the extra on top - i.e., they have to add an extra 28 goals between them.

Not rocket science. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

He had a decent season last year,some good spells some bad like everyone else.Not sure if you watched the Chile matches but he played well it wasn't just a case of him scoring 1 goal and everyone thinking he is brilliant, he played very well for them especially if you consider he doesn't know the language etc

You watched different Chile games  than me. What I saw was someone running round like he wasn't in the rest of the teams game-plan. He had to put himself about, to get a touch of the ball, his team mates would only pass to him as a last resort. He scored a decent goal and set up another with a basic one-two. To me he still didn't look a seven million pound player

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

They have to make up the extra on top - i.e., they have to add an extra 28 goals between them.

Not rocket science. 

Of course. But if we actually set the team up properly and concede less, then we don't need to replace all of Armstrong's goals.

Not exactly rocket science..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RoverKyle said:

Of course. But if we actually set the team up properly and concede less, then we don't need to replace all of Armstrong's goals.

Not exactly rocket science..

Not going to happen is it, unless we signed some brilliant defenders I’m not aware of. And let’s not forget we are now without Liverpool’s wonder kid.

10 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

18 league goals between them last season (Gallagher 8, Brereton 7, Dolan 3). I could see them getting more fairly comfortably this time round. I don't think many in here would say any of them had a particularly good season last season.

9 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Not rocket science. 

Plus their combined total was still short of AA - so that's 38 goals needed.

13 minutes ago, rigger said:

You watched different Chile games  than me. What I saw was someone running round like he wasn't in the rest of the teams game-plan. He had to put himself about, to get a touch of the ball, his team mates would only pass to him as a last resort. He scored a decent goal and set up another with a basic one-two. To me he still didn't look a seven million pound player

That one two wasn't basic, that's harsh. It was a lovely touch. Other than that I'd agree from the one game of theirs I watched.