BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

10 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Plus their combined total was still short of AA - so that's 38 goals needed.

So the reality of your initial comments - and it certainly didn't read this way - was that the maximum they would get between them this season is the 18 league goals they scored last season, plus an additional 20 league goals to attempt to plug the gap. I agree, there's very little chance of Gallagher, Brereton & Dolan scoring 38 league goals between them next season (that's also not very hard to predict). However I do think they'll comfortably score more between them than they did last season. Potentially double figures for both Gallagher & Brereton if they stay fit. 

All of this doesn't take into account that we'll more than likely bring in another striker (Obafemi or anyone else on TM's magic list). Or that the addition of Pickering (& hopefully a more available Ayala) may improve our defensive record, negating the need to fully replace his goals.

Edited by RoverKyle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

He played very well for them especially if you consider he doesn't know the language etc

So that's Brereton's problem: he plays badly because his Rovers team-mates speak English (mostly)

Here's an idea: get the Rovers players to talk Spanish and hey presto, we have a top striker

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoverKyle said:

So the reality of your initial comments (and it certainly didn't read this way) was that the maximum they would get between them this season is the 18 league goals they scored last season, plus an additional 20 league goals to attempt to plug the gap. I agree, there's very little chance of Gallagher, Brereton & Dolan will score 38 league goals between them next season. However I do think they'll comfortably score more between them than they did last season. Potentially double figures for both Gallagher & Brereton if they stay fit. 

All of this doesn't take into account that we'll more than likely bring in another striker (Obafemi or anyone else on TM's magic list). Or that the addition of Pickering (& hopefully a more available Ayala) may improve our defensive record.

Those players already scored their goals, AA goals were on top. AA goals now need to be replaced. Means 28 goals shared between the team (on top of what they previously did). They might ( and probably will have to score more between them).

Second para - my whole point. We need someone else in. 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Regardless where he plays? Are you expecting 60 goal contributions from the front three then?

I think 15+ contributions from him would be fine if he is out wide. It's long since stopped mattering what his fee was, he's just another one of our players in a midtable at best side.

I said close to 20 😉 15 would be acceptable to be honest. I just hope he gets a bit of consistency going 

46 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

So that's Brereton's problem: he plays badly because his Rovers team-mates speak English (mostly)

Here's an idea: get the Rovers players to talk Spanish and hey presto, we have a top striker

Eh? I said he played well for Chile DESPITE the fact he doesn't speak the language.

Have no idea what you are waffling on about 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

You watched different Chile games  than me. What I saw was someone running round like he wasn't in the rest of the teams game-plan. He had to put himself about, to get a touch of the ball, his team mates would only pass to him as a last resort. He scored a decent goal and set up another with a basic one-two. To me he still didn't look a seven million pound player

Yeah you must have been watching different games to myself,the Chile coaching staff, Chile supporters and his Chilean team mates who all gave praise and said he played well.Even when he came on against Brazil he looked a danger and was very unlucky not to score.

Never said he did look like a 7 million player.Just because he hasn't shown he is worth 7 million doesn't mean he doesn't give value to the team.Brererton didn't put that valuation on him nor did any fan who thinks he has something about him 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah you must have been watching different games to myself,the Chile coaching staff, Chile supporters and his Chilean team mates who all gave praise and said he played well.Even when he came on against Brazil he looked a danger and was very unlucky not to score.

Never said he did look like a 7 million player.Just because he hasn't shown he is worth 7 million doesn't mean he doesn't give value to the team.Brererton didn't put that valuation on him nor did any fan who thinks he has something about him 

Do you think he played well in the tournament ? The coaching staff are hardly going to say he didn't fit in. Most of the Chillian fans commented on the fact that the rest of the team should have passed to BB, more. His team mates seemed to be (all be it friendly) taking the piss out of him. Plus they didn't want to pass to him.

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

We have to replace 30 goals, so getting a top striker must be priority no. 1. 

We don't have to replace 30 goals.We have to improve as a team and stop letting in silly goals and get ahead when we are the dominant side.

It takes 1 goal to win a game , not playing down Armstrong's season but how many of those 28 goals came when we were beating teams well?

5 hours ago, TruRover said:

I don’t disagree that he gives youth a chance. I just think sometimes he shows a reluctance to take a chance on them and trust in their ability. For example travis I felt was a player who could of helped us in league one, yet he hardly played until halfway through the following championship season. Chapman is another example, again in the league one season he was impacting games and exciting fans from the bench but he never got a start. Players like Buckley, Carter and even Wharton haven’t been trusted as much as they could have been.

My main point about being frustrated with TM loaning out our young academy players stems from the fact they will just be replaced by young prem loans. Why give them the chance in out first team and not our own?

Whether you rate Mowbray or don’t. The decision to send ours out on loan and get PL loans in is because he believes that theirs are more ready than ours. I don’t think we’ve sent any out during his reign that should’ve been playing in the first team.

Can you think of any?

I feel that trying to get Nyambe, Kaminski, Lenihan, Rothwell and Brereton to sign new deals should be the priority - even if it involves including a release clause. Then, signing a central defender with pace and, possibly, a defensive midfielder to challenge a stuttering Travis. I don't think Davenport is the answer - though, I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

The forward line of Brereton, Gallagher, Dolan, McBride, Butterworth, Chapman could do with an addition but I think, if it was actually configured in a rational way - ie Gallagher and/or Brereton central, it would be decent in this league. The aforementioned pair would get at least 10 goals a piece, if played central and kept fit, I reckon.

29 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Eh? I said he played well for Chile DESPITE the fact he doesn't speak the language.

Have no idea what you are waffling on about 

Whoosh. And there goes another one over a very low bar

• Like 1

If a half decent manager walked into the club tomorrow, they'd watch one game and immediately go out looking for a top class defender or two.

Then they'd look for a commanding, influential midfielder and the striker would come last.

That should be the order from now until the transfer window, if you don't concede goals, you don't lose games. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

If a half decent manager walked into the club tomorrow, they'd watch one game and immediately go out looking for a top class defender or two.

Then they'd look for a commanding, influential midfielder and the striker would come last.

That should be the order from now until the transfer window, if you don't concede goals, you don't lose games. 

I agree all those positions need filling, but we've just lost our best player and we need to find a way to score this season without AA.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I agree all those positions need filling, but we've just lost our best player and we need to find a way to score this season without AA.

We needed the same when Dack got injured and Armstrong stepped up, nobody on here at the time  could have predicted such a upturn in Armstrong's numbers.

We need to improve the team unless extremely lucky we ain't buying anyons who will immediately start hitting those sort of figures,his 28 goals got us a 15th place finish.