BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Uh, so they made him and then he went back there later. Yeh I think that counts.

Also nobody is saying they need to be connected to Mowbray's time at Boro, just Boro - the club he loves, is a hero at, still lives near and has many connections at.

I wish he'd feckk off back there

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

Souness signed Harkneas, Bjornebye, Friedel, he signed Tugay, Amoruso and Ferguson from rangers. Hughes’ Welsh lads?

They all do it, it’s standard practice of many of our managers. 

Not comparing TM to premier league quality managers by the way, that shouldn’t need to be said but here we are!

Also never forget Greame signed Ali Dia 😆 

Whilst all managers do it there is a huge difference between the two examples given - and I am not talking about prem quality manager Vs incompetence. 

Some of the TM deals are very, very dodgy. It's been done to death but no way the nature of the Pears or Ayala deals should have been done by us. Contract lengths in particular being very odd. 

Factor in that Downing wasn't needed / used last season as well and you begin to see a very uncomfortable pattern. 

• Like 3

The most iffy thing for me was the fact he let HSH Smallwood sit on his contract until he was ready to sort himself out when it ran out. Not only that he got a few months covid extension despite never being used and knowing he wasn't going to be.

Then there's a lot of rumours around Ayala who hadn't played since the previous Jan yet walked into a 4 year contract at age 30/31.  Word is he wanted big money but couldn't get it here so was going to play somewhere warm. Then the phone rang with Rovers offering 17k pwk !

No idea how correct that might be but he'll probably be one of if not the highest paid players now. Funny how we suddenly managed to tip up the money for that one.

• Like 3

The Ayala one had all the markings of a classic Mowbray/Rovers transfer saga.

He was linked early doors last summer. Free agent after leaving Boro. Rumours we were letting him use Brockhall for keeping fit. Should be an easy one to get done if you really want him.

Goes quiet for weeks, rumours it isn't happening and he's picked a move to Saudi/Spain instead.

Then right at the back end of the window it all goes through, multi-year expensive contract and no doubt a signing on fee to go with it.

Hmmmm.

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Then there's a lot of rumours around Ayala who hadn't played since the previous Jan yet walked into a 4 year contract at age 30/31. 

Christ, you scared me enough then that I had to go look it up...3 year deal, not 4 year. 29 at the time too. If he wasn't such a crock it would probably have been about right.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

He was linked early doors last summer. Free agent after leaving Boro. Rumours we were letting him use Brockhall for keeping fit. Should be an easy one to get done if you really want him.

Goes quiet for weeks, rumours it isn't happening and he's picked a move to Saudi/Spain instead.

Then right at the back end of the window it all goes through, multi-year expensive contract and no doubt a signing on fee to go with it.

Hmmmm.

Especially when you consider that we'd just signed a very good goalkeeper who was 27 at the time and we only gave him a 2 year deal with a 1 year option. That's the type of signing that should be giving a 4-year deal.

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Hmmmm.

I can bet you he didn't have an injury in those two months.

2 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Out of all of that lot Pears is the one that pisses me off the most. Wasting a few 100 precious 1000 on a back up keeper. When we already had 2 at the club anyway. F**king dodgy deal all round imo.

How dare you question Mowbray. He's a man of integrity that would definitely walk if he felt he'd taken the club as far as he could.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, den said:

That’s because Waggott and Mowbray between them have turned this small town club whose best days are past it, which definitely can’t compete with giants such as PNE, which wants - not needs to sell part of a superb academy site for housing and which is happy to employ a failing manager and  CEO no matter how bad results on the field are.

Most footballers whether moving permanently or on loan like to think they are going somewhere with at least a bit of ambition. Why the hell would they currently choose BRFC?

In a nutshell. He is not an inspiring character 

Not falling for any of the transfer gossip. Usually all a load of tripe and started off by accounts/people with no credibility. Nixon gets a bad rep on here for his accuracy, yet the majority seem to be hanging on to his every word about the Armstrong/Obafemi deals & firing questions about random links to him. 

Until Obafemi is pictured with another team's shirt, he could still be on his way here.

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-bournemouth-set-sights-on-signing-southampton-star-obafemi-after-move-collapses/

Move on to one of the others from the list.

The likelihood of playing the next 4 games with the current threadbare squad is a huge concern.

Football insider? Isn't this the same fella who said Obafemi had turned us down?When we hadn't even spoken to the player yet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-bournemouth-set-sights-on-signing-southampton-star-obafemi-after-move-collapses/

Move on to one of the others from the list.

The likelihood of playing the next 4 games with the current threadbare squad is a huge concern.

Everybody is a star or hero these days - how about a bit of honesty for once: "Bournemouth set sights on Southampton u-23/bit-part/reserve player..."

Yes I'm old and a miserable git but it does my head in 🤬

• Like 9