BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Harvey was good, Bellis was too....

My view is that we have dropped so much that we are all getting giddy about this lad..my view is that it's all very underwhelming and you had a right go......if your happy fair enough,  but I'm not.

Didn't say I was happy but I'm accepting of the situation we are in.We are not spending much on permanent signings if anything, and to be fair I don't want Mowbray being given too much to bring in another Johnson or Holtby and give out big contracts, I want him out the door asap.

The majority of clubs will be using loans from the premier league acadamies, and by all accounts Clarkson is considered one of the better ones available so yes I am happy in that regard.

We have lost 12 players ,logic tells us that not all of those 12 can be replaced by our own academy.3 or 4 of them being capable yes but any more than that is stretching it and they would be better served going down to league one and playing every week for a season 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

I'm glad for the lad, but a loan "signing" is not the type of signing we need. Tony's policy of relying pretty much exclusively on loans that at the end of the season leave us back at square one is absolutely disastrous for the long-term future for the club, and I have no idea how everyone does not see this. He will say we have no money to buy even remotely promising players, even with the Armstrong money - but what it means is that he has failed completely at one of the most crucial aspects of club management, which is finding promising new talent and inspiring them to play for the club and in his team. And with every interview he wants us to accept that there is absolutely nothing else anyone can do. 

Kean was a useless obnoxious puppet, but TM is meticulously season after season extinguishing the fight out of this club, whatever is left of it. I can't imagine a single player being at the slightest inspired to play for him. 

💯 👌

unless there's a possibility(or even just a slight chance!) of us being able to sign the player after the loans up then I'm not a fan of it. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

3 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

genuinely have no idea why we have to pay fees and wages for inexperienced youth players from top 6 clubs! 

surely both long & short term both the player and their parent clubs are getting far more out of the deal

So we should have got all of Elliots assists and goals for nothing?Bellis helped win us matches.

We ain't unique in using the loan market 

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

tony never heard of the free transfer market??got to be some experienced players out there who will do a job to get us through this season,they don`t all require 4 year contracts despite what mowbray spouts,though if you come from middlesborough and are a friend of the family you can specify your own contract

Anyone decent will want money we don't pay.All the better ones that we had a chance of affording were snapped up when we had an embargo.

Nixon saying at least one permanent signing and crooke and Sharpe been saying it too 

For those questioning the loan market- one example where it worked to our advantage, Tosin came in, allowing us to loan out Wharton. The following season he would have been a first team regular - but for injury.

Good loans can give our players more time to develop. Equally they can fill gaps that would have seen us being forced into paying over the top fees - e.g. last seasons centre half crisis.

TBH - Mowbrays record in the loan market isn't bad.

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

So we should have got all of Elliots assists and goals for nothing?Bellis helped win us matches.

We ain't unique in using the loan market 

where did those assists and goals get us. whose to say Chapman couldn't have done just as well if he'd have been given as much game time and positional freedom as Elliot had

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

For those questioning the loan market- one example where it worked to our advantage, Tosin came in, allowing us to loan out Wharton. The following season he would have been a first team regular - but for injury.

Good loans can give our players more time to develop. Equally they can fill gaps that would have seen us being forced into paying over the top fees - e.g. last seasons centre half crisis.

I'm saying we shouldn't have to be paying to develop and increase the value of other clubs players, their clubs should just be greatful that we're offering them competitive game time and continued training and coaching at some of the best training facilities in the country. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

where did those assists and goals get us. whose to say Chapman couldn't have done just as well if he'd have been given as much game time and positional freedom as Elliot had

Chapman isn't as good as Elliot,far from it.

You think it is realistic to expect as many as eight to step up from our academy this season?We have lost 12 players and are reliant on the loan market and personally I would prefer a TOP young prospect than say A Trybull whose club are so desperate to get rid of they loaned him to a championship rival for a 2k a week contribution to his wage?

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Anyone decent will want money we don't pay.All the better ones that we had a chance of affording were snapped up when we had an embargo.

Nixon saying at least one permanent signing and crooke and Sharpe been saying it too 

i`ve just had a look at the players list who without a club  and are free agents,connor wickham,scott dann,jacob butterfield,daniel sturridge to name but a few,all without a club with the season under way,anyone of those could be picked up and they`de be grateful of another seasons football,capable and experienced pro`s as well,ffs we are blackburn rovers not rochdale,maybe the biggest point of contention could  be they ar`nt with the right agent,that would be more like the rovers we have become

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Very underwhelming. 

If we couldn't get an 18 years old Rovers fan who used to live near Brockall,  to come and play here on loan then we might aswell all pack up and go home.  🙄 the odds are he's more like that shit left back than the lad Harvey.  Good luck to the lad like.

To be fair, Clarkson could be a player and if he's as good as Elliott we'll be delighted but it still begs the question of why Rovers again failed to secure such a local talent as a youngster and why we continue to use the loan market that merely serves to help the development of Premier League clubs' young players instead of identifying and signing players of our own on permanent deals . 

The majority of thd

15 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I could argue Elliots assists helped keep us in the league.And Bellis improved the defence

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair, Elliott, Harwood-Bellis, Adarabioyo and Reed never received such an accusation but indeed like all 4, Clarkson is very much using us as a stepping stone.

Of course they didn’t - but that wasn’t my point was it? Maybe I should have prefixed it with “If things don’t work out for him at Rovers”……

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Very underwhelming. 

If we couldn't get an 18 years old Rovers fan who used to live near Brockall,  to come and play here on loan then we might aswell all pack up and go home.  🙄 the odds are he's more like that shit left back than the lad Harvey.  Good luck to the lad like.

Mmm how many of Travis, Buckley, Davenport, Dolan, or actually any of our current team get anywhere near playing for Liverpool, this lad has played in the 1st team and in European champions cup match, but hey he must be no better than what we have. 

But in reality he is probably much better than what we have, I for one will look forward to seeing him in a Rovers shirt.

42 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

I'm glad for the lad, but a loan "signing" is not the type of signing we need. Tony's policy of relying pretty much exclusively on loans that at the end of the season leave us back at square one is absolutely disastrous for the long-term future for the club, and I have no idea how everyone does not see this. He will say we have no money to buy even remotely promising players, even with the Armstrong money - but what it means is that he has failed completely at one of the most crucial aspects of club management, which is finding promising new talent and inspiring them to play for the club and in his team. And with every interview he wants us to accept that there is absolutely nothing else anyone can do. 

Kean was a useless obnoxious puppet, but TM is meticulously season after season extinguishing the fight out of this club, whatever is left of it. I can't imagine a single player being at the slightest inspired to play for him. 

We have to wee with the willy we have right now, and the fact that the top-flight teams now have such a range of willies, we are in an event worse position, willy-wise.

12 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Harwood-Bellis (a future England player IMO) and Elliott and Tosin were stand-outs and Mowbray clearly has a good relationship with Liverpool and Manchester City in order to bring them to the club but there's been a few mistakes ones too and if you look at his overall transfer record including permanent signings it's very "mixed" to put it politely. 

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i`ve just had a look at the players list who without a club  and are free agents,connor wickham,scott dann,jacob butterfield,daniel sturridge to name but a few,all without a club with the season under way,anyone of those could be picked up and they`de be grateful of another seasons football,capable and experienced pro`s as well,ffs we are blackburn rovers not rochdale,maybe the biggest point of contention could  be they ar`nt with the right agent,that would be more like the rovers we have become

And all will want two year deals and nice wages, all injury prone and ageing.We can't give out contracts to our own assets because we over spent on giving out expensive deals to ageing,injury prone and past it players and have done whenever the owners have decided to spend some money.. Murphy,Best ,Etuthu,all the foreign lads, Giving Mulgrew that contract, Evans money for nothing never fit ,Holtby a baller on his day but a luxury the club couldn't afford

3 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

No football club should be able to secure a 6 year old. Full stop.

Rovers not culpable here for a change. 

Agree but that's the cut throat world of football and still misses the point of why we missed him

7 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I'm sure you could. 

were a desperate club desperately trying fill shirts without having to commit to signing long term contracts.

With the money wasted on long term deals ,Mulgrew, Bennett, Evans etc etc and the failed signings do we really want Mowbray being given more money.Get enough in to keep us up and clean sweep in the dugout next season.

The young loan signings last couple of years , Elliot, Bellis, Tosin, Reed before them have been amongst our better players.This window more than any you will see clubs in the championship using loans from premier League acadamies