BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Kean Bryan would be an interesting one, a permanent player, and covers a few places, centre back especially on the left of a 3 and at left back where we are very short.

That being said, his career has been a little curious. I remember that he (if I recall correctly) scored the winner at Old Trafford last season, but spent much of his time at Sheffield United on the sidelines and he had a brief loan spell at Bolton when they were struggling for players the season before.

If its us v Boro, I can't see him coming here.

Maybe, don't think there's much between us to be honest, assuming we offer two identical contracts. I'd guess that he's still Manchester based too, so that might swing it for us. 

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

Eh? He shouldn't be should he? I don't get your point at all. 

He was playing against two huge centre-backs and that's a reason to scapegoat him?

That quote wasn’t even in reply to you 47er, the reason he was substituted is he had no impact.

Unlike the previous Saturday.

24 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

And our system isn't a meat grinder???  If it was brought under the umbrella of schools/FA etc, more kids would get opportunities and if the finances were properly regulated then that aspect would be circumnavigated.  It's hardly as if the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool etc academy car parks aren't full of 50K cars owned by kids, kids that most likely won't make the grade....  This is the aspect I herald not the rest, it makes logical sense to have elite coaching available to all children.

Clubs shouldn't be running this aspect, it should be separate and run independently by the FA, with funds from the TV rights etc being channelled into ensuring we focus on developing as many kids as possible.  The whole current system feeds the biggest clubs and allows them to hoover up all the talent they can and with about 1 or 2 a year making it, this does not seem very productive.  County academies, with satellites spread across the region, linked into schools etc etc would make much more sense and ensure a much larger number of kids were given the chance to make the grade and get the best coaching possible to maximise their potential.  A properly run draft system would also spread out the talent, again meaning that it's not all about feeding the richest clubs, even then look at some of the player's who have slipped through and gone on to do well elsewhere from said clubs.

I saw an article once following over 200 1st year premier league academy players careers over 4-5 years, at the end only 4 were still at pro level.  Cracking system.

Very good post.  👍 totally agree.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Ironically it would seem the Blades fans put this Kean lad way behind Jack O'Connell.  Sounds a Derick Williams type signing - will do a job in a couple of positions but not outstanding in any. 

https://www.sheffieldunited.news/opinion/why-sheffield-united-should-say-goodbye-to-kean-bryan/?amp

Only 6ft 1 as well.  We have enough defenders around that height.  Need some one 6ft 5ish to add a bit of aerial power.

More so they don't care cos he wouldn't sign. I see no issue with this signing. Played 13 PL games, versatile and if Warnock is in for him, he's probably a dirty b**tard! 

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Agreed.

Also, surely we should be judging youth development on the end product it provides. The USMNT are shocking, as is the quality of the MLS.

I wouldn’t be so sure- they’ve some really good players coming through currently playing in the MLS….

• Like 1

Just now, K-Hod said:

I wouldn’t be so sure- they’ve some really good players coming through currently playing in the MLS….

I am sure that the USMNT are shocking. They squeezed past the likes of Martinique, Haiti & Honduras 1-0... They're not achieving very much on the world stage at all. 

Their youth development system is far from something we should be emulating.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I am sure that the USMNT are shocking. They squeezed past the likes of Martinique, Haiti & Honduras 1-0... They're not achieving very much on the world stage at all. 

Their youth development system is far from something we should be emulating.

I’ve recently been working at the USMNT Texas facility and have seen a lot of the youth development, it’s as good as City’s which is the best I’ve ever seen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’ve recently been working at the USMNT Texas facility and have seen a lot of the youth development, it’s as good as City’s which is the best I’ve ever seen. 

As has been mentioned, the way youth development works (away from the national team set up, which is for kids already sourced and in the system) is extremely financially orientated. It's not a system we should look to emulate at all. Kids from Blackburn & Darwen would have no chance.

13 hours ago, islander200 said:

Is it a surprise we are not spending money?.Most championship clubs ain't spending money,we along with the rest of them have had minuscule income the past 18 months and we don't sell players at least up until last week and now they are saying a bit of money for a permanent signing .

And I'm not buying we never spend money Mowbray has had plenty of money and we only have to look at how much we spend on wages compared to what we bring in 

Agree with all that - I just pointed out that the embargo was being used as a handy excuse

19 minutes ago, JoeH said:

As has been mentioned, the way youth development works (away from the national team set up, which is for kids already sourced and in the system) is extremely financially orientated. It's not a system we should look to emulate at all. Kids from Blackburn & Darwen would have no chance.

They would have a much better chance under a school/FA run system that was fair, than they do now. For obvious reasons.

32 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

More so they don't care cos he wouldn't sign. I see no issue with this signing. Played 13 PL games, versatile and if Warnock is in for him, he's probably a dirty b**tard! 

When I saw him for Sheffield United once or twice, he seemed to be comfortable on the ball rather than a brute.

It seems that we dont have the money to even afford freebies, but there are some bog standard Championship players still available. Looking at that list, the below stick out, but I am sure that many will have lingering injury issues, hence why they havent been snapped up yet such as Bennett and Brady, or perhaps other question marks such as Mendez-Laing. Players like Wilshire, Sturridge, Dann etc are likely unrealistic for a mixture of injury and financial reasons, and there will be others who could be wild card options like Ntcham and Izquidero who again are likely to be unrealistic.

LB: Yuri Ribiero, Joe Bennett, Neil Taylor

CB: Kean Bryan

Attacking Midfield: Marco Stiepermann

Winger: Kadeem Harris, Robbie Brady, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Junior Hoilett

Most of the useful ones will have been snapped up by now, but with some, they may have less risk than say a Khadra who is a total stab in the dark, simply because whilst we know that they might not be stand outs, they are proven to be able to do a solid job at this level.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Agreed.

Also, surely we should be judging youth development on the end product it provides. The USMNT are shocking, as is the quality of the MLS.

The US team aren't shocking, and neither is the MLS. 

They aren't Brazil 1970 but they are solid. They are predominantly young, with the majority of the squad now playing in Europe. If they find a goalscorer they will cause teams problems at the next World Cup.

One of Rovers best ever players was American. Ryan Nelsen played their for a few years too. The MLS isn't the Premier League but it is a decent standard of football that is getting better.

I could opine for days on talent development of for sports in the USA. Up to u18 the USA's footballers are on par with anyone else in the world. It's after that where it needs fixing. 

• Like 2

If Kean Bryan can cover LB in a pinch then that be great. 

New Wishlist with all the rumourS

Kean Bryan LB/CB Free

Philip Sadler CB Loan

Oliver Nitcham CM Free

Michael Obafemi RW P/ex

Reda Khadra LW Loan

New Deals for Nyambe and Rothwell

Would be delighted with that. Just play Diaz through the middle.

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It seems that we dont have the money to even afford freebies, but there are some bog standard Championship players still available. Looking at that list, the below stick out, but I am sure that many will have lingering injury issues, hence why they havent been snapped up yet such as Bennett and Brady, or perhaps other question marks such as Mendez-Laing. Players like Wilshire, Sturridge, Dann etc are likely unrealistic for a mixture of injury and financial reasons, and there will be others who could be wild card options like Ntcham and Izquidero who again are likely to be unrealistic.

LB: Yuri Ribiero, Joe Bennett, Neil Taylor

CB: Kean Bryan

Attacking Midfield: Marco Stiepermann

Winger: Kadeem Harris, Robbie Brady, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Junior Hoilett

Most of the useful ones will have been snapped up by now, but with some, they may have less risk than say a Khadra who is a total stab in the dark, simply because whilst we know that they might not be stand outs, they are proven to be able to do a solid job at this level.

Having watched Villa and living amongst Villa fans I’d rather shit in my hands and clap than have Neil Taylor at the club 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Having watched Villa and living amongst Villa fans I’d rather shit in my hands and clap than have Neil Taylor at the club 

😂

Coffee on keyboard moment.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I just don't agree with this, at all.

They’ve got a lot of players at the likes of Juventus, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and other clubs in Europe playing regularly.

If they all gel, they will be a force, make no mistake about it!

• Like 1