BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

10 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I've seen bits since last night when all that happened on Twitter because I wanted to see what we're looking at. I don't think it's the solution. Buys like that for players with upside potential should surely be the cherry on top of a strong window?

Would much prefer us to spend the money we were "effectively" spending on Obafemi on Siriki Dembele. Scores goals, prime age, able with both feet and available between £3m and £5m depending on the offer structure.

Do you think we need a pacey striker in like Nisbet at Hibs or would a more a target man type like Morris from Barnsley be better option? 

Any views on Healey at Toulouse? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We definitely need a goalscoring striker with the very average Gallagher as an alternative to him. We do also need at least one wide man and a goalscoring midfielder, we look short of ideas up front.

We do. Games like today where small moments decide the game show just how short we are in goal creation and goal scoring. Dale isn't the answer to the goalscoring issue for me. He's a good addition in general, young player with potential at a decent value, but you're bang on on what we need in the final few weeks.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We do. Games like today where small moments decide the game show just how short we are in goal creation and goal scoring. Dale isn't the answer to the goalscoring issue for me. He's a good addition in general, young player with potential at a decent value, but you're bang on on what we need in the final few weeks.

Definitely, 2-1 flattered us today, we were well short. We lack quality in attacking areas. Dembele would seemingly be more ready but even then, the resources need to mainly go on a central striker. I hope this mystery attacking midfielder happens and can score goals from midfield as the current bunch wont hit 10 between them, and he isnt played in a false 9 role. The balance of the team was wrong today.

Mowbray is in a bit of a hole here.  I'll be very surprised if we land a striker remotely good enough to replace Armstrong - if any at all.

Given the money spent, he can't justify leaving Gallagher out the team - yet refuses to play him as a striker.  He clearly can't rate him as a centre forward - yet he was brought in to be Graham's successor.  Shame it's not Gallagher that's out of contract next year.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Mowbray is in a bit of a hole here.  I'll be very surprised if we land a striker remotely good enough to replace Armstrong - if any at all.

Given the money spent, he can't justify leaving Gallagher out the team - yet refuses to play him as a striker.  He clearly can't rate him as a centre forward - yet he was brought in to be Graham's successor.  Shame it's not Gallagher that's out of contract next year.

You aren't going to land a 25 goals striker unless we get lucky or spend loads. 

But we can bring in a striker who can 15 goals and other players like Brereton who got 3 goals in 4 games plus midfielders and defenders chip in plus conceded less. 

6 minutes ago, neophox said:

For me Lenihan is a liability.. Too inconsistent.. 

He played well against Forest and in the games before.

Results are better with him in the side.He is a centre half playing for a mid table championship club not Franco Baresi, he will make mistakes as most defenders at this level do.

Do you not think we have enough positions to fill after losing 12 players?We need players in the door not out

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, unsall said:

Regarding contract extensions , Lenihan close, Brereton being worked on, nothing on Nyambe and Rothwell.

Lets face it, letting any of those go on frees is poor and they wont be adequately replaced, even though I don't think that any would be stand out targets for teams very far above us, certainly none in the Premier League.

But I would possibly argue that those 2 are the most important of the 4. Lenihan is key and if we sign him, with Ayala here for this and next season and Carter and Wharton pushing beyond that, we look ok there moving forwards. And I suspect that Brereton's value has been artificially inflated by this Chile business, somehow we have got to the stage whereby he is our best chance of a goal too. Although Nyambe would also be a big loss and even though Rothwell generally flatters to deceive, it is one bit of remaining excitement gone.

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You aren't going to land a 25 goals striker unless we get lucky or spend loads. 

But we can bring in a striker who can 15 goals and other players like Brereton who got 3 goals in 4 games plus midfielders and defenders chip in plus conceded less. 

This idea about midfielders chipping in is nice in practice, but do you genuinely think that Buckley, Rothwell, Travis etc will start scoring a decent amount of goals?

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

A #10? Could be that one from Scotland we got linked with perhaps?

Who was that?

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s not a centre back either,id`e bang him in a holding midfield role push travis further forward and put carter with ayala

Lenihan in midfield with how poor he is on the ball?

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Lets face it, letting any of those go on frees is poor and they wont be adequately replaced, even though I don't think that any would be stand out targets for teams very far above us, certainly none in the Premier League.

But I would possibly argue that those 2 are the most important of the 4. Lenihan is key and if we sign him, with Ayala here for this and next season and Carter and Wharton pushing beyond that, we look ok there moving forwards. And I suspect that Brereton's value has been artificially inflated by this Chile business, somehow we have got to the stage whereby he is our best chance of a goal too. Although Nyambe would also be a big loss and even though Rothwell generally flatters to deceive, it is one bit of remaining excitement gone.

This idea about midfielders chipping in is nice in practice, but do you genuinely think that Buckley, Rothwell, Travis etc will start scoring a decent amount of goals?

Who was that?

Lenihan in midfield with how poor he is on the ball?

he does`nt need to be good on the ball,just do a holding job,not asking him to be glenn hoddle

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

4 in 10 goal record in the prem.

Amounts to around 14 goals in the premier league in a season? 

It doesnt work like that, if he played 38 Premier League games in full, the evidence doesnt say that you can extrapolate a short sample of goals within a series of predominantly sub appearances, add up the minutes and then expect that over a season.

Mind you, I suspect that we wont bring in a permanent striker at all.