BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Our lads must take priority and the team developing should be the sole aim.

That’s the whole point, so they’ve opportunities to go on loan and play regular games as opposed to sitting on the bench grabbing ten minutes a week.

If you rate Wharton and Carter like I do, you’d surely be more open to the idea of Garrett and Butterworth following their path of lower league experience?

Thats who Clarkson / Poveda replace in our current 18 at the minute. Even if it’s temporary, it’s a huge upgrade. 

11 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Don't they mean "exciting Leeds United [False 9] Ian Poveda"???

Screenshot_20210823-203653_Instagram.jpg

More than likely, sadly.

Desperately hoping it spends the end of Gallagher on the wing but I seriously doubt it.

The flip side is, probably not signing an AA replacement so maybe Mowbray is signing wingers so he can move Gallagher and/or Brereton into the middle?

Who am I kidding, this lad will be played through the middle.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bboy said:

Honestly as a loan I'm really not fussed by this. Hardly Harvey Elliott potential and means someone like Chapman rovers career now over. 

He wouldn't start Chapman anyway.Oddest contract renewal ever, I have no idea why Chapman signed it.Great cameo against Forest and Mowbray only gives him 12 minutes against West Brom

• Like 9

1 hour ago, AAK said:

The crack is, at ewood, Waggot is a very, very poor, and self indulged leader. The vast majority of staff believe or should I say don’t believe in, Steve leading the club, hence so many jumping ship, granted some have been genuine and taken up good roles to further their careers, but the other half have simply become fed up with life at ewood. 

how do I know this? Only because I know a couple of people at the club. I’m only saying this because as we know people will ask, how do you know?

I broke the new signing news this morning about 7am after finding out at about 1am, yes I’m that sad to wake up at 7am and post, and that was before the LET and Myers, just to prove I do have some little know how of the club going ons, as I have in the past, I will always post thing I know or believe believe to know.

That is the state of the club, it is simply in disarray.

I also know that Phil whatever he is called, is correct, rovers did source other managers, they aren’t all correct who he mentioned, but 2 are. So he obviously does know a football manager. Tony also knows of this now, make of that what you will, any normal manager would have gone.

Have the people at the club that you know  given any indication if a striker will be signed or not?

Small squad, think Chapman will get his chance to impress and might still come good. Didn't exactly pull up any trees last season so will have to continue to impress when called upon.

Haven't seen Poveda play but looks full of tenacity, flair and pace - an upgrade from Dolan so I see him starting ahead of Tyrhys who is nice to have come on from the bench.

Still waiting for some permanent signings, a goalscorer is needed. Perhaps Breo is staking his claim for a spot down the middle and uses it as leverage in his negotiations. Brighton lad probably not signing now though, right?

Its a bit meh for me.

On one hand Its another body through the door, another option to unlock a defence, probably a better option then Chapman (despite 2 decent cameos recently). 

On the other Its money and game time going to given developing a player whose growth isn't going to benefit this club. He isn't the finished article so a chance he could disapoint. He's not going to push us to promotion like elliot could've done.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He wouldn't start Chapman anyway.Oddest contract renewal ever, I have no idea why Chapman signed it.Great cameo against Forest and Mowbray only gives him 12 minutes against West Brom

tony does not like him or rate him,odd contract renewal and even stranger signing,must be on a good whack here to sign for another year with the knowledge he`s not going to play regularly

9 minutes ago, JBiz said:

That’s the whole point, so they’ve opportunities to go on loan and play regular games as opposed to sitting on the bench grabbing ten minutes a week.

If you rate Wharton and Carter like I do, you’d surely be more open to the idea of Garrett and Butterworth following their path of lower league experience?

Thats who Clarkson / Poveda replace in our current 18 at the minute. Even if it’s temporary, it’s a huge upgrade. 

Yeah i agree on the ones you've mentioned, i was bashing the drum not long ago saying all our young lads should do a loan out first before they start filling out our squad.

That was when we were supposed to be building a 1st team squad to bother the top end though. Things have somewhat spun on their head overnight now so anybody who can contribute should stay. Within reason obviously as there are only so many places but a lot of those on the sidelines would get a chance this season i feel.

What i'm getting at is i don't want Mowbray setting up to shoehorn these loans in wherever he can. After agreeing with their clubs he'll give them games if they pay most of their wages.

Then it becomes all about them and with Mowbray there are no guarantees other than he'll pander he has form for it. Of course if it all clicks then the team benefits but realistically we aren't going anywhere. Then it's all change again next season, might be more palatable if we had some buying agreements on some of them if they work well.

Like iv'e said before i'm prepared for a grin and bear it season whist we use as many of ours as possible. It's a risk but it's one they are taking and these lads although they come with the pedigree of bigger parent clubs actually don't guarantee anything.

They are still inexperienced kids at the end of the day, Tosin and Elliot have set the bar very high. Let's hope these lot can live up to that....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AAK said:

The crack is, at ewood, Waggot is a very, very poor, and self indulged leader. The vast majority of staff believe or should I say don’t believe in, Steve leading the club, hence so many jumping ship, granted some have been genuine and taken up good roles to further their careers, but the other half have simply become fed up with life at ewood. 

how do I know this? Only because I know a couple of people at the club. I’m only saying this because as we know people will ask, how do you know?

I broke the new signing news this morning about 7am after finding out at about 1am, yes I’m that sad to wake up at 7am and post, and that was before the LET and Myers, just to prove I do have some little know how of the club going ons, as I have in the past, I will always post thing I know or believe believe to know.

That is the state of the club, it is simply in disarray.

I also know that Phil whatever he is called, is correct, rovers did source other managers, they aren’t all correct who he mentioned, but 2 are. So he obviously does know a football manager. Tony also knows of this now, make of that what you will, any normal manager would have gone.

Thanks for sharing your info. Spot on. 

Is Waggott/Mowbray/club confident of signing a permanent striker replacement for Armstrong?.

Can you share which managers we spoke to and why they rejected coming here? 

50 minutes ago, den said:

Give us more attacking options and seems to have good quality. Hopefully we use him properly in a wide righg role or number 10. 

Just need another 3 or 4 signings now

• Like 2

Unsure what to make of Poveda as very little to go off, we do need individuality from out wide and he has impressed me when I have seen him come off the bench for Leeds, but the question is, can he provide goals and assists? Wouldn't mind playing him wide right on Saturday with Gallagher central and Brereton left, doubt he will though. Chapman would be hard done by though.

Still plenty of work to do. A central striker, a left back, a centre back and a central midfielder who can get goals as a minimum I would say. 

Gallagher cost 5 million and is probably on the thick end of 15 grand a week at least.

So he'll be plonked in somewhere, this is a monumental flaw but it aint going to change. At least he works hard and pinches the odd goal but those attributes are largely wasted. 

Mowbray has rarely signed players of any level to replace first teamers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yeah i agree on the ones you've mentioned, i was bashing the drum not long ago saying all our young lads should do a loan out first before they start filling out our squad.

That was when we were supposed to be building a 1st team squad to bother the top end though. Things have somewhat spun on their head overnight now so anybody who can contribute should stay. Within reason obviously as there are only so many places but a lot of those on the sidelines would get a chance this season i feel.

What i'm getting at is i don't want Mowbray setting up to shoehorn these loans in wherever he can. After agreeing with their clubs he'll give them games if they pay most of their wages.

Then it becomes all about them and with Mowbray there are no guarantees other than he'll pander he has form for it. Of course if it all clicks then the team benefits but realistically we aren't going anywhere. Then it's all change again next season, might be more palatable if we had some buying agreements on some of them if they work well.

Like iv'e said before i'm prepared for a grin and bear it season whist we use as many of ours as possible. It's a risk but it's one they are taking and these lads although they come with the pedigree of bigger parent clubs actually don't guarantee anything.

They are still inexperienced kids at the end of the day, Tosin and Elliot have set the bar very high. Let's hope these lot can live up to that....

Chapman has improved in confidence from his loan too seemingly.

I would add (on loans) that our ability to convince the bigger clubs to let us specifically loan us they’re talented youth players is a benefit - my only concerns are the hidden costs and attitude.

In terms of the clubs regular insistence that they’re financially limited (more so than normal) and the low expectations played out by the manager in the press; I think this may be partly a ploy to convince players / agents / other teams were not primed for the “milking” because we’ve sold a player for a few million.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bboy said:

Honestly as a loan I'm really not fussed by this. Hardly Harvey Elliott potential and means someone like Chapman rovers career now over. 

We've still got a very small squad with a lot of games to play. There will still be plenty of chances for Chapman this season. 

• Like 1

Looks very erratic from those film clips. Is a young unproven winger really what we need? And what is Chapman supposed to make of it - the lad is 23 and should be a regular now. He will feel this is another kick in the teeth

It's a bizarre signing in my view and smacks of desperation just to get a body in.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Looks very erratic from those film clips. Is a young unproven winger really what we need? And what is Chapman supposed to make of it - the lad is 23 and should be a regular now. He will feel this is another kick in the teeth

It's a bizarre signing in my view and smacks of desperation just to get a body in.  

Maybe it's an effort to push chapman out the door now he's signed a deal. Can get a few pennies for him, who knows.