BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

32 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Never displayed bitterness, I've seen that from him more than once, towards fans and player's and publicly in the press.  blaming fans for XY & Z, Raya, Nyambe, to name but a few.  You have a really idyllic view on it all.  There are plenty of people out there in the world, who would hardly pull up the trees to make the next incumbents job easier.  If you knew you were getting canned next year, would you bust a gut to do the best job you possibly could? How many would.  

Even in this situation where you have assumed that Mowbray has been told implicitly that this will be his last year, no matter what. Something which I doubt would be so rigid anyway if he surprised us all and overachieved. It still would be in his best interests to do as well as he possibly could for his own future career prospects, something which we have no reason to suspect otherwise and indeed something that based on a very reasonable points haul after 4 games, is something that he is doing.

His performance in these last 12 months is more than enough evidence to want him to be sacked, without needing to come to extreme conclusions.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

That's pretty much how I see it. If he isn't getting a new deal then why would he give a toss about what shape we will be in for next season. He doesn't want a relegation on his CV and he could use that to bluff his way into one last payday from another club.

Well as long as he keeps us up, I'll take it right now. 

30 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I sincerely hope so (I would have personally got rid of him a few years ago) but would anybody be surprised if we found out he'd been offered a new deal? Surviving that awful run last season was remarkable and lowering expectations this sense might be enough for our inept owners (ably assisted and advised by Waggott) to offer him a new deal.

Nothing at all surprises me about Rovers after enduring these wretches for a decade.

Are you sure this is possible?

45 minutes ago, AAK said:

I know it to be true, but i understand if people don’t believe pal.

There's nothing wrong with that, I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from posting what they know. I just wanted to make sure that's what the case was

12 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Are you sure this is possible?

I think Waggott is perfectly capable of recommending a new contract for his mucker. That would probably mean that he can continue creaming the club for £300k a year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Most managers on discovering that the club was searching around for a successor would resign on the spot. 

Tony wants his payoff though

Not 100% on this, but if he found out they were searching for his successor behind his back, would he not claim constructive dismissal. So pay off basically sorted. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AAK said:

Thing is, the club tried to source another manager, they couldn’t find a suitable one. This happened behind Waggots back and mowbrays back. Now I don’t want either Mowbray or Waggot at the club, but I also feel for them, it shows venkys as they are. These people who stick up for them, they were mislead etc, it’s rubbish, they knew exactly what they were doing and they do now, you don’t go behind the back of your CEO like they have at a normal football club. If they don’t like him, then get rid!!!!  The club is a Farce from top to bottom. 

Mowbray is a decent human being, but I think he’s fed up with it all, however if that is the case he should resign.

Couldn't find a suitable one? There's hundreds of top managers that would have taken this job. What they mean is they Couldn't find a suitable one they could bend to their will

52 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You're using the wrong word, bitterness? It doesn't make sense. What has he blamed fans for actually out of interest? 

Again, bitterness doesn't make sense in the context of his comments on Raya or Nyambe

You're missing the hugely crucial point that he needs to get another job after leaving here, so doing as good as he can this season is totally in his interest. Hence why talk of sabotage is crazy! 

You love to nitpick people. He has been bitter towards the fans blaming us for BBs form and the younger players for example, how is that not bitterness? Should I use resentment?  He constantly blames others doesn't he, is that again not bitterness? Bitter people always blame others for their own failings do they not? I'm not debating the semantics of a trivial word, that I am far from convinced you actually comprehend, nor understand.

It doesn't matter what sort of job he does here, we are a poisoned chalice, hence why managers turn us down. If he does well then he can spin what a great job he has done. Fail and again he can blame lack of funds, owners etc etc, he wins either way with detriment to his reputation. Even our own fans think we will likely struggle this year so whether we do or do not, TMs reputation doesn't exactly suffer damage.

So since nitpicking words is the real name of the game you are clearly playing and posting short antagonist comments to incite, crazy is the wrong word too. Isn't it?  TM wins whether we do or not. You should consider your own responses, words etc too and try being a more pleasant and productive poster. The board would be much better if you could try, as you do it almost everyday.....  Crazy stuff 😜👍

6 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

You love to nitpick people. He has been bitter towards the fans blaming us for BBs form and the younger players for example, how is that not bitterness? Should I use resentment?  He constantly blames others doesn't he, is that again not bitterness? Bitter people always blame others for their own failings do they not? I'm not debating the semantics of a trivial word, that I am far from convinced you actually comprehend, nor understand.

It doesn't matter what sort of job he does here, we are a poisoned chalice, hence why managers turn us down. If he does well then he can spin what a great job he has done. Fail and again he can blame lack of funds, owners etc etc, he wins either way with detriment to his reputation. Even our own fans think we will likely struggle this year so whether we do or do not, TMs reputation doesn't exactly suffer damage.

So since nitpicking words is the real name of the game you are clearly playing and posting short antagonist comments to incite, crazy is the wrong word too. Isn't it?  TM wins whether we do or not. You should consider your own responses, words etc too and try being a more pleasant and productive poster. The board would be much better if you could try, as you do it almost everyday.....  Crazy stuff 😜👍

I understand,don't worry. You're sensitivity suggeats you don't and that's fine. It's not "nit picking" to say your suggestion that he is actively sabotaging the next manager is nonsense and crazy. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Not 100% on this, but if he found out they were searching for his successor behind his back, would he not claim constructive dismissal. So pay off basically sorted. 

CD would probably involve a tribunal and/or legal case, which he probably wouldn't want and might not win. He probably thought it'd be better to stick it out and see what happens. Tone's playing the long game.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, harryhealless1928 said:

The most important transfer activity should be a change of manager.

If we really are in the financial mess that is reported, why do we need to replace Armstrong? 

Shouldnt the money be spent in at least tying down Kaminski,Brereton & Rothwell to longer contracts to get a decent fee if they go? In a less than ideal scenario  which we have Id chance Nyambe & Lenihan leaving on frees.

We need to replace Armstrong because BBD and Gallagher haven't shown yet they are anywhere near the same standard.

Completely disagree on Nyambe, immense player and the first one of those I'd tie down under a different manager. Lenihan I'm not quite as bothered about as Wharton could easily prove to be better. Still don't want to lose him for nothing though ideally, ditto Lenihan and Brereton but that's where we are temporarily thanks to having these idiots in charge on the ground at Ewood.

Edit: Would tie Kaminsky down 2nd behind Nyambe as we've seen from the Walton debacle how hard it is to find a half decent keeper these days.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

Yawn, care to elaborate on why you think that, he's never displayed bitterness towards the fans has he?  Or to player's?

There were a few TV interviews and especially radio, where he did seem sullen, sulky and borderline aggressive. We all remarked on this demeanour in our family. We thought he thought he was a gonner.

I also think he came across as bitter.

If he knew they were searching for a replacement, that would explain it....but to leave him in post -with that knowledge- is poor line management....

FOV

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Hes been a manager long enough to know 2 wins in 17 or whatever it was really isn't good enough with any squad. 

So that brings with it an amount of uncertainty from everyone.

You don't need to be a manager to know that Mowbray is incredibly lucky to still have a job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You're using the wrong word, bitterness? It doesn't make sense. What has he blamed fans for actually out of interest? 

Again, bitterness doesn't make sense in the context of his comments on Raya or Nyambe

You're missing the hugely crucial point that he needs to get another job after leaving here, so doing as good as he can this season is totally in his interest. Hence why talk of sabotage is crazy! 

But does he need another job once he leaves the Rovers ?

2 hours ago, imy9 said:

Two issues with your hypotheticals…

1. He signed for Leeds when they were in the championship, having never played a single competitive game- 40k a week??? I’ve seen it listed as 11k and that seems reasonable.

2. A selling club would spin it as higher…hmmm…why would we as are giving 40 per cent of the profits to Newcastle! From media reports it’s going to be close to 20 million for Armstrong.

I know we have lots of incompetent people on the staff but you can use better examples then these two.

If you are going to 'have a go' at me then please at least get your facts and argument right.

Did I say he was on £40k a week at Leeds!?  No, I said:

We will not be paying the majority of his wages.  "I think some of the wage levels quoted for the lad at Leeds earlier in this thread are ridiculously low.  I'll leave you with this thought, we loan a young player from a PL club on a hypothetical £40k pw and we pay him £20k pw, we would not be paying the majority of the player's wages but we wouldn't half be paying some dollar. 

I was trying to demonstrate that even though we might not pay the majority of a loanee's wages, it may very well cost us top dollar.

I understand his wages at Leeds are way in excess of £11k pw and Rovers will be paying in excess of £11k pw in wages.  I am either right or wrong but I have a high degree of confidence in what I have been told.

As for Armstrong, if you think it's close to £20million well good luck with that!.

Edited by Mercer

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We need to replace Armstrong because BBD and Gallagher haven't shown yet they are anywhere near the same standard.

Completely disagree on Nyambe, immense player and the first one of those I'd tie down under a different manager. Lenihan I'm not quite as bothered about as Wharton could easily prove to be better. Still don't want to lose him for nothing though ideally, ditto Lenihan and Brereton but that's where we are temporarily thanks to having these idiots in charge on the ground at Ewood.

Edit: Would tie Kaminsky down 2nd behind Nyambe as we've seen from the Walton debacle how hard it is to find a half decent keeper these days.

Kaminski has another year after this one so wouldn't say he is as big a priority as Brererton who we paid such a big fee for 

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If you are going to 'have a go' at me then please at least get your facts and argument right.

Did I say he was on £40k a week at Leeds!?  No, I said:

We will not be paying the majority of his wages.  "I think some of the wage levels quoted for the lad at Leeds earlier in this thread are ridiculously low.  I'll leave you with this thought, we loan a young player from a PL club on a hypothetical £40k pw and we pay him £20k pw, we would not be paying the majority of the player's wages but we wouldn't half be paying some dollar. 

I was trying to demonstrate that even though we might not pay the majority of a loanee's wages, it may very well cost us top dollar.

I understand his wages at Leeds are way in excess of £11k pw and Rovers will be paying in excess of £11k pw in wages.  I am either right or wrong but I have a high degree of confidence in what I have been told.

Mercer at most Poveda will be on 20k a week and in my opinion he won't even be on that much, Max we will be paying toward his wage is 50% and even then I don't think we will paying that for him.I don't think any possibility what we are paying for him will be in line with our top earners .

• Like 1