BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

These lads are clearly at the cheap and cheerful end of Premier kid loans.  No nailed on quality.  

I agree, we are scraping the barrel here. Two possible wingers coming with loads of speed and skill but no end product. I strongly suspect that they are both not really wanted by their clubs. 
I really hope that I m wrong and that they excel here and make a difference. 

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Does anyone have any belief that we will sign a striker on a permanent deal before the deadline? If I had to guess, it will be these 2, some unheard of left back and thats it, all on loan.

The longer the wait goes on, the more I am thinking we won't be signing a striker on a permanent. I've got a bad feeling he's going to rotate Dolan and Poveda down the middle as false nines.

Poveda and Khadra would give us options out wide too, meaning any of Gallagher, Butterworth, McBride or Brereton could be played centrally if Mowbray wants. I really hope he isn't looking at it like that and thinking we have enough options down the middle.

I think it will be the Brighton CB, a LB, Khadra and another CM, all on loan to close the window.

10 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

The longer the wait goes on, the more I am thinking we won't be signing a striker on a permanent. I've got a bad feeling he's going to rotate Dolan and Poveda down the middle as false nines.

Poveda and Khadra would give us options out wide too, meaning any of Gallagher, Butterworth, McBride or Brereton could be played centrally if Mowbray wants. I really hope he isn't looking at it like that and thinking we have enough options down the middle.

I think it will be the Brighton CB, a LB, Khadra and another CM, all on loan to close the window.

That's exactly what he's doing giving himself as many cheap options as possible.

We thought a smaller squad shorn of his favs would mean a more sensible settled side and less messing. Reckon we can forget that, he's going to be in tinkerman heaven again.

7 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Has anybody got any data analysis on this new centre half? I find stuff like that so interesting when it comes to unknown (to me)players. 

Careful, make sure the word 'data' only get's spoken in the right thread 😉. I jest of course.

To answer the question, I know nothing on this new Brighton defender. Going to have a little look at him tomorrow but can't say I've heard or seen anything personally.

15 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

We've only got room for one more loan now, after the 2 Brighton lads come in. I'm hoping for a free left back, Longstaff on loan and a striker permanently. 

• Like 1

The permanent striker thing is just a red herring. They are feeding Sharpe scraps like this to keep the twitter legions and Telegraph readers quiet until the end of the window and keep them thinking that the Armstrong money will be getting reinvested and there's a chance we might get our own player of decent quality through the door.

Incapable of issuing contracts even to our own academy products, let alone players coming in.

I'll be happy to be proved wrong but suspect we get to deadline day with the 'working on' line keep getting pushed then the window slams shut, no permanent signing comes in, then it will be talk about revisiting deals in January which is 'only' a few months away then when the time comes there's no money and it's a bad time to do business.

Having us on this lot. 

Remember - always tomorrow, never today

Signings, tickets, pitch, improvements, contracts - always being worked on, planned, intended - rarely materialise under the con men.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Careful, make sure the word 'data' only get's spoken in the right thread 😉. I jest of course.

To answer the question, I know nothing on this new Brighton defender. Going to have a little look at him tomorrow but can't say I've heard or seen anything personally.

Thanks Joe, and apologies to anybody that take offence to the words "data or analytics" being used unwisely. 

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The permanent striker thing is just a red herring. They are feeding Sharpe scraps like this to keep the twitter legions and Telegraph readers quiet until the end of the window and keep them thinking that the Armstrong money will be getting reinvested and there's a chance we might get our own player of decent quality through the door.

Incapable of issuing contracts even to our own academy products, let alone players coming in.

I'll be happy to be proved wrong but suspect we get to deadline day with the 'working on' line keep getting pushed then the window slams shut, no permanent signing comes in, then it will be talk about revisiting deals in January which is 'only' a few months away then when the time comes there's no money and it's a bad time to do business.

Having us on this lot. 

Remember - always tomorrow, never today

Signings, tickets, pitch, improvements, contracts - always being worked on, planned, intended - rarely materialise under the con men.

Probably true , unfortunately...

Not allowing us to extend current players contracts is just another example of how those idiots in Pune simply don’t get it.

It’s been happening since day 1, it can’t just be bad advice……

Venkys out.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

As things stand, i'd settle for a chinese, japanese, korean player of some sort. Purely on marketing alone, and shirt sales it would generate money, probably get a few bums on seats too.

Why????

Our current strategy is a painful death, with the contract scenario of so many of our so called better players, where does next seasons cash injection come from?

Where is our next £5 million plus player sale?

We are loaning players, so stifling any opportunity to unearth another saleable asset.

We will need to cut the wage bill again at the end of the season, just to open the doors.

This short term planning is madness, we are basically running insolvent, more going out than coming in with "stevie wonder" in the boardroom.

These clowns need holding accountable, "sack the board, sack the board". Stealing a living, with zero business or football plan of where we are going.

Whats the 3,6,9,12 month plan? What does year 2, 3 and 4 look like? They dont have a clue. We are literally rummaging around for loanees to make up our squad numbers. Regardless of how good or bad these players turn out to be, how does this sustain our existence?

These are not worrying times, these are critical times

Get a protest set up Mullan!

• Like 5

The loans don’t do anything for me unless it’s a omg I can’t believe we have pulled this off Harvey elliot kinda loan. These are just filler. Why can’t we go and get our own Dutch centre half instead of loaning of Brighton who I’m sorry but I refuse to believe they are a bigger club than us. Better team currently , granted, but we used to piss all over Brighton, it’s laughable this is the stage we are at 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

We've only got room for one more loan now, after the 2 Brighton lads come in. I'm hoping for a free left back, Longstaff on loan and a striker permanently. 

Ah yes, that's right. I forgot about Clarkson coming in. Longstaff is a good shout.

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's exactly what he's doing giving himself as many cheap options as possible.

We thought a smaller squad shorn of his favs would mean a more sensible settled side and less messing. Reckon we can forget that, he's going to be in tinkerman heaven again.

He's going to drive himself and all of us crazy with the rotation this season. There are enough ways we can switch the front three up for example, especially if Khadra arrives.

It's bizarre, but our strategy this summer reminds me of my recent Football Manager saves. Try and find as many quick wingers as you can, make sure they can play on both flanks and just get it out wide every game. If it doesn't work, stick the quickest guy down the middle. Need cover in defence? I'll look for the cheapest loans. It's not far off what they are doing here in real life.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Why Longstaff? If there is anywhere that we dont need reinforcements, it is a defensive midfielder. We have Travis, we have Clarkson in that area who is naturally a sitting midfielder, we have Johnson who is one of our only senior players, we have Davenport, and Rothwell and Buckley often play deeper too. If we was going to get a central midfielder, surely it would be a goalscoring one.

• Like 1

completely given up on any hope of ever getting back to the premier league,there is no long term plan,no organisation and absolutely not enough ambition to get us there,tony`s journey is a f*****g painful farce,while tiny clubs like brentford and bournemouth are way ahead of us in every department

bringing along other clubs young players instead of our own,you could`nt make it up

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Gav said:

Not allowing us to extend current players contracts is just another example of how those idiots in Pune simply don’t get it.

It’s been happening since day 1, it can’t just be bad advice……

Venkys out.

Personally I don't blame Venkys on this one. IMO this is down to local mis-management of finances and contracts. There is some impact from Covid - but there has been a lack of forward planning. But ultimately it is all guess work - the only thing we know for definite is that we wasted £12m on two strikers, and wasted our best squad for some time last season.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Personally I don't blame Venkys on this one. IMO this is down to local mis-management of finances and contracts. There is some impact from Covid - but there has been a lack of forward planning. But ultimately it is all guess work - the only thing we know for definite is that we wasted £12m on two strikers, and wasted our best squad for some time last season.

But who give/decide on the budgets?

15 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Personally I don't blame Venkys on this one. IMO this is down to local mis-management of finances and contracts.

Sorry Dmtp but that’s nonsense with the greatest of respect. 

Pay the players we want to keep decent contracts, it’s as simple as that, protect your assets, FFP doesn’t come into it really.

Venkys have turned off the tap, they’ve refused to pay extensions to contracts many times over the past 10yrs, this isn’t anything new. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why Longstaff? If there is anywhere that we dont need reinforcements, it is a defensive midfielder. We have Travis, we have Clarkson in that area who is naturally a sitting midfielder, we have Johnson who is one of our only senior players, we have Davenport, and Rothwell and Buckley often play deeper too. If we was going to get a central midfielder, surely it would be a goalscoring one.

Mowbray loves centre mids - I think we had ten last season (Travis, Holtby, Downing, Buckley, Tryball, Davenport, Rothwell, Smallwood, Bennett, Evans). And we played Dack there too.....

Its not even a flexibility thing. I don't think any of them covered other postions. Think Downing covered left back once or twice and Rothwell a couple of times at left wing. But that's it.

Edited by joey_big_nose

16 minutes ago, Gav said:

Sorry Dmtp but that’s nonsense with the greatest of respect. 

Pay the players we want to keep decent contracts, it’s as simple as that, protect your assets, FFP doesn’t come into it really.

Venkys have turned off the tap, they’ve refused to pay extensions to contracts many times over the past 10yrs, this isn’t anything new. 

Who knows what goes on but, personally I’m not sure just how valuable these assets are versus what might be the cost of keeping them. The Dack saga showed that player assets can plummet in value while the cost of keeping them always has to be paid. Have we even had one offer, ever, for Nyambe? In his last year, where is the Armstrong-like rush of interest? I’m not sure I’d fork out on a multi-year, multi-million contract on him if it were my money tbh.