BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

11 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Who knows what goes on but, personally I’m not sure just how valuable these assets are versus what might be the cost of keeping them. The Dack saga showed that player assets can plummet in value while the cost of keeping them always has to be paid. Have we even had one offer, ever, for Nyambe? In his last year, where is the Armstrong-like rush of interest? I’m not sure I’d fork out on a multi-year, multi-million contract on him if it were my money tbh.

Come on John, when in the history of Blackburn Rovers have we ever worked on that model?

Clubs in dire financial strife like we are need assets to sell, Armstrong on a decent contract would have brought in more money, Nyambe on any sort of contract the same.

Venkys have stopped Mowbray and Waggot securing new deals with players, they did the same with Bowyer, this isn't anything new, they're as thick as a bar top.

Venkys out. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gav said:

Sorry Dmtp but that’s nonsense with the greatest of respect. 

Pay the players we want to keep decent contracts, it’s as simple as that, protect your assets, FFP doesn’t come into it really.

Venkys have turned off the tap, they’ve refused to pay extensions to contracts many times over the past 10yrs, this isn’t anything new. 

Why are these players in their final contract year ? Is that down to the owners ?

The budgets will be down to the owners - but how we spend it "appears" to be closer to home. According to many posters we have repeatedly paid large loan fees to achieve nothing - even when our own manager claims we should bring in our own players. Prior to Armstrong the only player that brought in money was Raya and that was wasted on Gallagher.

IMO TM was deflecting when he said the owners wouldn't pay the contract extensions. Only to then say we would have paid to keep Armstrong, none of that adds up.

I am not defending the owners, but they have given TM money while we lived beyond our means. The owners should expect that their CEO would keep a reign on finances to keep within FFP - it is obvious that somebody has miscalculated - be that Covid, Dacks injury etc.

The other aspect - in the previous FFP cycle they did the same thing with the finances to keep within FFP. The CEO and TM must have known this - they gambled last year and failed massively.

• Like 1

Mowbray has repeatedly said in press conferences that he would like more experience but is signing kids on loan because that rather than be in a positon to contribute much financially, he has to convince the Premier League team that we are good for their development.

The youngsters on loan arent a choice of luxury, they are a choice of frugality.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Gav said:

Come on John, when in the history of Blackburn Rovers have we ever worked on that model?

Clubs in dire financial strife like we are need assets to sell, Armstrong on a decent contract would have brought in more money, Nyambe on any sort of contract the same.

Venkys have stopped Mowbray and Waggot securing new deals with players, they did the same with Bowyer, this isn't anything new, they're as thick as a bar top.

Venkys out. 

maybe they`ve stopped backing him because he`s spent a lot of their money and not achieved anything,if you were the owner would you give him anymore??

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

maybe they`ve stopped backing him because he`s spent a lot of their money and not achieved anything,if you were the owner would you give him anymore??

If I was an owner that gave a fck, i'd have binned him and anyone above him/equal to him and brought in a young and aspiring manager/staff. Floyd Hasselhof does well wherever he has gone, Ainsworth. Guys that want to kick on.

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

Last season Douglas and Trybull were brought in as experienced loans.They were useless

Elliot and Harwood Bellis were good.

We would all like experience, but any experienced Good player we would have to pay the majority of their wage 

Then why, as a manager, publicly come out and say you are looking to add experience - then recruit players under 21.  It's the constant bullshit from the man of  integrity that is really annoying.   

They may be great.  They may not. 

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

How about every other manager over the past 10yrs? 

Same rules apply?

3 hours ago, Gav said:

The biggest problem with the side for many years has been we can't keep a clean sheet.

Despite the excellent start to the season, Mowbray is doing the right thing here, we are crying out for quality cover in the centre of defence and he's addressing that.

If you don't concede goals you don't lose games, tried and tested.

Is this lad quality cover - better than the cover we already have?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Why are these players in their final contract year ? Is that down to the owners ?

Yes.

This has been the pattern since they took over, nothing has changed. 

Remember all the players they refused to play because of win bonuses, goals scored bonuses, play more than 20 games and a wage increase?

Its exactly the same now, but on a much smaller scale than in 2011.

2 hours ago, roversinmyblood said:

I agree, we are scraping the barrel here. Two possible wingers coming with loads of speed and skill but no end product. I strongly suspect that they are both not really wanted by their clubs. 
I really hope that I m wrong and that they excel here and make a difference. 

The disappointing thing is these lads aren't even on loans with  an option to sign if they are any good.  How can you get excited about that? Just play our own youth. 

• Like 2

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The disappointing thing is these lads aren't even on loans with  an option to sign if they are any good.  How can you get excited about that? Just play our own youth. 

Next season they all go back to their parent clubs, and we start this painful process again. Personally think we should just play our own academy/under 23 players and roll with it 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Is this lad quality cover - better than the cover we already have?

No idea, but every Rovers fan knows we’ve struggled to keep clean sheets, we’ve all been crying out for quality defenders. 

Fingers crossed Wiz

14 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Then why, as a manager, publicly come out and say you are looking to add experience - then recruit players under 21.  It's the constant bullshit from the man of  integrity that is really annoying.   

They may be great.  They may not. 

He'll just blame it on wage demands, even though they managed to get round that last season.

Have to say though i'm on board with the youth policy now it's the way they've started to go so stick to it. I'm not on board with the paying for loans short term fix policy though, not to the tune or 5 or 6 players anyway. However the better ones in recent years have been young and although raw they make up for it in effort and energy.

Iv'e seen enough Evans, Bennetts, Williamsons, Douglas's and all the rest to last a lifetime. The problem with Rovers over most of the championship time is never being able to keep up energetic performances.

One feisty effort every 5 or 6 games is the norm but this present lot are managing it every game at the min. The key is for the manager to tap into that and let them do it not start trying to base everything on possession again. 

I'd like a bit of presence in the middle but it needs to be someone well under 30 with a set of legs and lungs !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

No idea, but every Rovers fan knows we’ve struggled to keep clean sheets, we’ve all been crying out for quality defenders. 

Fingers crossed Wiz

Doesn't come with the reputation of a Tosin or Hardwood Bellis.  Smacks of a desperate punt on an unknown player.  We certainly won't have been clued up on the guy through our European scouting network. 

Like any signing, hope it works out for Rovers benefit but I personally can't see it.  Rather we kept Carter around the first team. 

Now if these cheaper loans mean we can bring in a couple of proven permanent deals on deadline day, then fair enough.

I doubt it though.

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He'll just blame it on wage demands, even though they managed to get round that last season.

Have to say though i'm on board with the youth policy now it's the way they've started to go so stick to it. I'm not on board with the paying for loans short term fix policy though, not to the tune or 5 or 6 players anyway. However the better ones in recent years have been young and although raw they make up for it in effort and energy.

Iv'e seen enough Evans, Bennetts, Williamsons, Douglas's and all the rest to last a lifetime. The problem with Rovers over most of the championship time is never being able to keep up energetic performances.

One feisty effort every 5 or 6 games is the norm but this present lot are managing it every game at the min. The key is for the manager to tap into that and let them do it not start trying to base everything on possession again. 

I'd like a bit of presence in the middle but it needs to be someone well under 30 with a set of legs and lungs !

I have no problem with the kids policy either. 

However, unless they are clearly better than our own under 23s, what's the point?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

How about every other manager over the past 10yrs? 

Same rules apply?

no manager under venkys has had as much financial backing,transfer wise and wage budget wise

kean was backed but only after he got rid of all the premiership squad players that were earning big money

berg and appleton were sacked before they could make an impact

bowyer was made to sell his best players(cairney,gested,rhodes)

lambert legged it when it was clear he`d been sold false promises

coyle is`nt even worth mentioning(only good thing he did was sign mulgrew)

mowbray given massive budget for league one,promotion achieved then wastes untold millions on two strikers we did`nt need,wastes god knows how much on wages for loan players that ar`nt going to sign for us,gives a four year contract to his mates son who`s a **** goalkeeper and now he`s nurturing other teams youth players instead of our own

• Like 7

• Backroom
25 minutes ago, Gav said:

Yes.

This has been the pattern since they took over, nothing has changed. 

Remember all the players they refused to play because of win bonuses, goals scored bonuses, play more than 20 games and a wage increase?

Its exactly the same now, but on a much smaller scale than in 2011.

Without giving much away:

Venkys can't refuse something they haven't been asked to do.

As for the players in the Kean years, do you not think that was much more because of agent meddling than any Venky plot to save money?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

As things stand, i'd settle for a chinese, japanese, korean player of some sort. Purely on marketing alone, and shirt sales it would generate money, probably get a few bums on seats too.

Why????

Our current strategy is a painful death, with the contract scenario of so many of our so called better players, where does next seasons cash injection come from?

Where is our next £5 million plus player sale?

We are loaning players, so stifling any opportunity to unearth another saleable asset.

We will need to cut the wage bill again at the end of the season, just to open the doors.

This short term planning is madness, we are basically running insolvent, more going out than coming in with "stevie wonder" in the boardroom.

These clowns need holding accountable, "sack the board, sack the board". Stealing a living, with zero business or football plan of where we are going.

Whats the 3,6,9,12 month plan? What does year 2, 3 and 4 look like? They dont have a clue. We are literally rummaging around for loanees to make up our squad numbers. Regardless of how good or bad these players turn out to be, how does this sustain our existence?

These are not worrying times, these are critical times

Great Post.

I think the cretins on the ground at Ewood will be held accountable in the sense that this is their last season and they possibly may not even get that if looks like we're in serious trouble but I can't really understand why action wasn't taken at the end of last season. Unless the thinking is that this season is Mowbray's mess, he'll have to sort it out and the landscape might look a lot brighter for a new team in 12 months time.

Difficult to see how that will be the case without securing most of the necessary contract extensions though and if that is the approach it's taking quite a gamble with our Chamlionship status.

6 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I remember walking away from a 2-1 home win over Spurs in which we somehow came back to score a late winner and thinking, how did we do that? 

It was awful

Their keeper was so terrified of Samba he dropped the ball on his head for our first! That made it 1-1 and we had never looked like scoring at any point! Absolutely glorious. 

Boring my arse! Laughed out loud for days after!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

It 100% will.  Brighton are not loaning in this guy to sit on the bench. He immediately is ahead of everyone bar Lenihan and Ayala in the pecking order.  So we are faced with Carter's minutes being greatly reduced unless injuries come in.

Next step----Carter wants a move. Mowbray is strangling the life out of this club

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I'm on board with the youth policy but its imposed on us by necessity rather than being part of a plan.

But its the "let them develop into good players and then let their contracts wind down" bit I don't get!

• Like 3