BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season finale: Rovers vs Birmingham City

5 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

As an aside to recent comments on team performance, I thought Ayala was really good when he came on, composed and assured, passed to his teammates and covered when required, hope he keeps fit for next season.

Long may that last.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

As an aside to recent comments on team performance, I thought Ayala was really good when he came on, composed and assured, passed to his teammates and covered when required, hope he keeps fit for next season.

He's a good player for sure

• Like 1

Couldn't tell you if Bell has refused Rovers offer or if Rovers have decided against themselves, but as per Thomas Kaminski's posts on social media, Amari'i is off.

• Backroom
32 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Couldn't tell you if Bell has refused Rovers offer or if Rovers have decided against themselves, but as per Thomas Kaminski's posts on social media, Amari'i is off.

Good news. Evans and Bennett next, please.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JoeH said:

If true, it might be best for both parties.

21 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Last week too he was excellent. Absolutely no issue giving Bell another contract, especially at the likely cost. 

Too many half interested at this club - years of being rubbish, then 2 months playing well when his contract wasn’t renewed to put himself in the shop window. Get rid, hopefully Pickering can play, develop a youth player. Crewe fans seem to love him, although worth remembering Bell was L1 Team of the Year when we signed him and he’s not up to it. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JoeH said:

He’s been offered a contract but has better offers elsewhere. Rovers won’t match it. We’re on the FFP slide now, this year was our chance financially, we’re now cutting costs to leave a financial gap to go for it again in ~2 years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LDRover said:

That suggests we've 'gone for it' before? I must've missed that.

We have, just not successfully. FFP is a total nonsense where teams keep costs down for 2 years to allow them to spend in year 3. This season was our year 3, we won’t spend the money we have this season for another 2 seasons. 

No club can or will be FFP compliant with no matchday income in 14 months and counting.

We are releasing 15 players and likely to sell our biggest asset for millions.

Why are we worried about FFP?

• Like 7

If this really was our year 3 in which we go for it, I understand with the pandemic that changes things but we spent the least last summer out of the 3 summers following promotion.

I dont think that we have such a plan, it would imply an element of strategy within the club and it is an illogical strategy anyway.

I dont think that Amarii Bell has possibly been too expensive for us to keep either.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Too many half interested at this club - years of being rubbish, then 2 months playing well when his contract wasn’t renewed to put himself in the shop window. Get rid, hopefully Pickering can play, develop a youth player. Crewe fans seem to love him, although worth remembering Bell was L1 Team of the Year when we signed him and he’s not up to it. 

I think he has had his best season for us this year. Yes we all know his downfalls, but out of all the out of contract players this summer he is only one I would consider resigning, and even then that’s only as a back up for Pixie. 

1 hour ago, J*B said:

He’s been offered a contract but has better offers elsewhere. Rovers won’t match it. We’re on the FFP slide now, this year was our chance financially, we’re now cutting costs to leave a financial gap to go for it again in ~2 years. 

Yet another reason why that wet wipe manager should get the shove. Totally wasted the last 2 years backing, now we have to go through this shit again.

Absolutely diabolical he remains stood there the aloof goon.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, LDRover said:

That suggests we've 'gone for it' before? I must've missed that.

Mowbray asked for experience to compliment the young team. He wanted some who'd seen it and done it. So he got the nod to sign Trybull, Douglas, Ayala and bring Downing back.

They all flopped, he flopped.   There's no denying he had the backing though to 'go for it' that's what this season was suppossed to be about but he didn't go for it. He's telling players in the last couple of games to go out, play with freedom and just go for it. Most of this season and last he's been telling them to sit back and keep the ball in our own half.

Absolute fraud he is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Good riddance! League One player at best

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Big Sam’s 1st relegation. 

What say most of you- did Sam have enough talent to keep the baggies up? 

The one thing that Sam generally does in these fire fighting missions is tighten up at the back. For some reason he couldn't do that this time and I don't think his players are that bad.

I would've backed him to turn West Brom around this season, the fact he hasn't makes me wonder if he has lost his way a little.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LDRover said:

The one thing that Sam generally does in these fire fighting missions is tighten up at the back. For some reason he couldn't do that this time and I don't think his players are that bad.

I would've backed him to turn West Brom around this season, the fact he hasn't makes me wonder if he has lost his way a little.

Funny how Kipre never got a game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Funny how Kipre never got a game.

Some people were saying Kipre would not go to WBA just to warm the bench. This has proven true. Most of the time he didn't make the bench.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, EgyptianPete said:

I made a point of keeping my eyes on him, he’s a real talker and organiser to everyone around him. I was impressed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

No club can or will be FFP compliant with no matchday income in 14 months and counting.

We are releasing 15 players and likely to sell our biggest asset for millions.

Why are we worried about FFP?

If the league still hand out sanctions for breaching FFP rules after the last 14 months, it just reinforces thay they aren't fit for purpose.