BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

7 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

Fulham will have gone almost four weeks without a league game by the time they play their next one.

Good. Hopefully they have all put on the pounds and are lacking match sharpness. Fingers crossed it negatively effects their form and we keep on winning.

25 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

If Brighton were looking to stockpile players then this hopefully puts paid to that claim. I can't see why they'd loan out Connolly only to recall Khadra. Fingers crossed we get to hold on to our Brighton loanees for the rest of the season.

I've read that Connolly is not popular at Brighton as a result of off-field issues  - as well, as presumably, not impressing on the pitch. Though, I agree that he'll probably be decent at Champ level. I saw that some Albion fans were looking at a recall of either Khadra or, I think, Zeqiri, a young Swiss striker on loan in Augsburg. However, whether that is the thinking of the management, I don't know. Their promising Ecuador forward, Jose Sarmiento, has been injured recently, I think, and his fitness and form might influence the decision. That's all assuming that Brighton have a recall clause.

We really need Khadra to stay, especially, as it seems Mowbray fancies Gallagher as right wing understudy. However, I suspect that Brighton will look to recall, if they can. Even more so as they play a similar formation to us and Khadra has shown an ability to play centrally.

Edited by riverholmes

10 hours ago, DE. said:

Fulham fans must be looking at what's going on and thinking WTF? How did the team we beat 7-0 on their own patch end up level on points with us less than two months later? Keeping in mind we were 12th at the time and 12 points behind Fulham who were still 2nd. 

Much like BBD's sudden transformation, it's unfathomable how we've ended up in this position. Like somebody went into the in-game editor in Football Manager, ramped up BBD's stats before the season started and then did the same for Mowbray's stats after the 7-0. 

Same with wba fans. They beat us so comfortably at Ewood earlier in the season, despite the scoreline it was 2-1 going on 4-1. Must be looking at the table and seeing themselves 4 points behind us thinking wtf happened?!

Edited by BRFC4EVA
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Same with wba fans. They beat us so comfortably at Ewood earlier in the season, despite the scoreline it was 2-1 going on 4-1. Must be looking at the table and seeing themselves 4 points behind using thinking wtf happened?!

And long may they all be confused.

• Like 2

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

B/mouth could fill their boots now, Bacuna sent off for Cardiff, GD could be key later down the line, who knows.

In all honesty I don’t think we should be worrying too much about other fixtures right now. Promotion is in our own hands.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

In all honesty I don’t think we should be worrying too much about other fixtures right now. Promotion is in our own hands.

Come on you can't say that your opponents dropping points, doesn't make the difference in almost any team winning

something or getting promotion.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Come on you can't say that your opponents dropping points, doesn't make the difference in almost any team winning

But the most important thing is how you do in your own games. I know it is unlikely, but if we win all our games we will be promoted. After that how many points rivals drop, determines how many games we can drop points in.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

I might take an interest with 5 or 6 games to go mate but with 20+, no. Especially worrying about goal difference at this stage. 

Personally given how close it is at the top I think goal difference does matter already. 

We have sadly given Fulham a 14 goal swing Vs us with our loss to them (although have done well to rectify some of the damage since.) 

Will agree the number one focus should be ourselves. Consistency in this inconsistent league is key so if we keep our consistency and bounce back quickly from disappointments we have a huge shout. 

• Like 1