BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Personally given how close it is at the top I think goal difference does matter already. 

We have sadly given Fulham a 14 goal swing Vs us with our loss to them (although have done well to rectify some of the damage since.) 

Will agree the number one focus should be ourselves. Consistency in this inconsistent league is key so if we keep our consistency and bounce back quickly from disappointments we have a huge shout. 

Or even better. Don't have any disappointments.

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

27,000 at Forest tonight. 30,000 at Boro the other night. 14,000 for us against Barnsley isn't good considering how well we're doing

57,000 fans wishing they could swap places with the mighty Blackburn Rovers 👍

Onwards and upwards.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Thinking that same team could then win a total of 28 on the bounce is beyond the realms of realism though.

I never said it was likely to happen, but it is a starting point. We don't have to win 28 on the bounce. we have to do better than the other teams in the promotion race.

Edited by rigger

22 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

QPR won't bugger off. 

They will. They are losing 4 first team players to the African Cup of Nations. 

Their keeper Dieng who is very good, Adomah who has been a revelation at wing back and then his back up Kakay. They are also losing Illias Chair who's probably been their best player this year. 

They do seem to have a habit of scraping 90th minute winners though. They've won 2 and lost 2 of their last 4. But the two they've won have been stoppage time winners. They'd be nowhere near otherwise. 

• Like 3

• J*B unpinned this topic
13 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

27,000 at Forest tonight. 30,000 at Boro the other night. 14,000 for us against Barnsley isn't good considering how well we're doing

Might be wrong here but i cant remember getting 30k during out premier title winning season.

That was the reason why Jack wouldn’t develop the cattle shed 

Course we did! And the Riverside was to be redeveloped, the 1999 relegation saw that shelved. See link:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18489397.otd-rovers-put-hotel-ewood-expansion-plans-hold/

We even had plenty of crowds between 24,000 and 29,000 in the 2001 promotion campaign. We are a million miles away from that now…

Edited by Mattyblue

For personal reasons, I remember an end of season game against Charlton in 2001-02, nothing riding on the match though we were going quite well, a few hundred from Charlton but no more, but there were more than 27,000 on Ewood in the spring sunshine.

I know thousands have drifted away never to return over the past 10 years but 14,000 for the last home game was disappointing. I'd hope we'll be nearer 18-20,000 for the Huddersfield match

But you know we won’t, that would mean TEN TO TWELVE THOUSAND people paying £30 to £36 for a match ticket. 

I’ve spoke ad infinitum as to why crowds aren’t increasing to where they should considering plenty are buying game by game, but you are obviously being obtuse.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

But you know we won’t, that would mean TEN TO TWELVE THOUSAND people paying £30 to £36 for a match ticket. 

I’ve spoke ad infinitum as to why crowds aren’t increasing to where they should considering plenty are buying game by game, but you are obviously being obtuse.

Lets be honest thats not going to happen is it.
Thats £60-£72 plus a few drinks and maybe a pie.
Round it all off thats £80-£100 for a few hours entertainment for you and the mrs

Couple this with the disgruntled fans and fans who have got out of the habit of going due to covid and the clubs on a very hard uphill struggle

Edited by pomster

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

For personal reasons, I remember an end of season game against Charlton in 2001-02, nothing riding on the match though we were going quite well, a few hundred from Charlton but no more, but there were more than 27,000 on Ewood in the spring sunshine.

No Covid then. No disgruntled fans with (perceived) useless owners.

17 hours ago, rigger said:

But the most important thing is how you do in your own games. I know it is unlikely, but if we win all our games we will be promoted. After that how many points rivals drop, determines how many games we can drop points in.

That's true but we do keep one eye on the teams around us, anything that makes our life easier is good.  I really enjoyed watching Derby rob the Cherries the other day.