BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

pne fans will be claiming they are in a false position and they are a far better side than rovers after tonight🤣🤣,a strange bunch imo

They say we are the ones in a false position. I wish we were playing WBA next.

2 hours ago, DaveyB said:

I’m sure that was Gerald Ashby rather than Durkin - I still remember that incident like it was yesterday, and his name has been imprinted on my brain ever since!!

I stand to be corrected but I can still visualise the short, portly, ginger haired 2hat running belatedly towards the Blackburn End Penalty area before brandishing the red card and pointing to the spot.

I've 2 visions of cheating officials in mind: One is of George Courtney and the other is of Paul Durkin. If I could potentially vanquish one of them, I'd sleep easier at night! 😉😃

2 hours ago, DaveyB said:

I’m sure that was Gerald Ashby rather than Durkin - I still remember that incident like it was yesterday, and his name has been imprinted on my brain ever since!!

Yep, it was Gerald Ashby, I stand corrected.

So that's now 3 cheating, officiating bastards to contend with!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Nobenders done us a big favour tonight

Alright don't flatter them too much, West Brom didn't even register a shot on target, they were dreadful. They play us in another 3 games, unfortunately they'll probably have a new manager by then so may start playing a little better.....

Edited by Ossydave

52 minutes ago, frosty said:

They’ve been terrible for ages West Brom, even in beating Peterborough their goals came very late on. Barely won any apart from that for ages.

Unless something changes there, eg Ismael leaving, we should definitely finish above them.

Beware the new manager bounce particularly as any change is likely to take place just before we play them

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

3 horse race for 2nd place now ..😛

Many horses yet. This is the Grand National you know. It's still January.

But, things are looking well.......for now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Alright don't flatter them too much, West Brom didn't even register a shot on target, they were dreadful. They play us in another 3 games, unfortunately they'll probably have a new manager by then so may start playing a little better.....

Noooooo! We are The Rovers and we are going up!!

4 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

3 horse race for 2nd place now ..😛

I would be wary of discounting QPR. They are the in-form team currently, and if they win their game in hand they'll only be a point behind us. 

Let's see where we end up after the Fulham game. A very difficult run of games coming up for us. If we're still top 2 or thereabouts come March, I think we should be nailed on for promotion..

5 hours ago, Miker said:

I would be wary of discounting QPR. They are the in-form team currently, and if they win their game in hand they'll only be a point behind us. 

Let's see where we end up after the Fulham game. A very difficult run of games coming up for us. If we're still top 2 or thereabouts come March, I think we should be nailed on for promotion..

Looking ahead, QPR and Forest are MUST NOT LOSE games, in fact if we can win them thats all that matter. Fulham away is a free hit if you ask me.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

One thing that worries me is the possibility of Ismael and Parker getting the sack and new men coming in and getting their teams firing.

We could do with them both floundering for another month or so at least so we can build up an unassailable lead on them. 

More likely at WBA than Bournemouth I think. Didn't realise how much fan unrest there was until reading Ishmael's interview last week. He's fallen out with the keeper, his main striker is out injured, the fans are restive. It doesn't look great for them. 

• Backroom

I mean, this thread is fine for promotion discussion, but it'd be OK if somebody wanted to set up a thread to specifically discuss the promotion chase as well. We've had relegation threads in the past after all.

4 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Looking ahead, QPR and Forest are MUST NOT LOSE games, in fact if we can win them thats all that matter. Fulham away is a free hit if you ask me.

Teams going for automatic promotion do not have free hits. Every game is winnable and no drop points can or should be assumed in particular games, its not a mindset that I am comfortable with.

• Like 1

Our single aim has to be promotion first and foremost, there is little doubt about that. In saying that, for Rovers I believe the aim has to be to keep the distance between - or indeed widen the distance - between us and 3rd place. That means not losing the games I highlighted.

We are unlikely to be able to catch Fulham as it stands so, if we get to the game at Craven Cottage and the gap is the same, 7 points or more, then for me its a free hit as long as we are doing the business in the other games. That's the point I was making.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Our single aim has to be promotion first and foremost, there is little doubt about that. In saying that, for Rovers I believe the aim has to be to keep the distance between - or indeed widen the distance - between us and 3rd place. That means not losing the games I highlighted.

We are unlikely to be able to catch Fulham as it stands so, if we get to the game at Craven Cottage and the gap is the same, 7 points or more, then for me its a free hit as long as we are doing the business in the other games. That's the point I was making.

It still makes no sense because the concession that any points in any game are merely a bonus leads to potentially loosening or indeed overturning any gap we may have over 3rd at that time, if indeed we are 2nd which is a huge if.

We are 2nd in the league, therefore shouldn't go into any game feeling less than confident that we have a good chance of 3 points.

24 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I just remember him being lethal for Rangers back in the day! His managerial CV doesn’t look that impressive. 

I thought that he played for Rangers. 

Here's his Wiki; Shota Arveladze - Wikipedia. He scored loads of goals.

I'm with you on his management skills though. It looks like they got rid of a better manager in McCann.

Call me cynical but does anyone know if the fit and proper test actually exists?

A Turkish gameshow mogul buying Hull City. It doesn't sound right at all.