BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Silas said:

Painful in the 95th min.

But were we really competing with them anymore after the January cash splash. 

No chance. It was crazy we even managed to climb up to 2nd in the first place, on the back of an incredible run of form from BBD and incompetence from Parker. Looks like Bournemouth may have bought enough players to make up for his managerial inadequacies and get them over the line. Should they go up though it'll be Fulham all over again, except Bournemouth may not keep Parker until the season's end. Imagine he'll be gone by Christmas.

Barnsley picking up only their 4th win of the season against QPR is unexpected to say the least. Looks like they deserved it too. 

Reading lose their 7th game in a row, with 6 points deducted, and are still 2 points clear of the bottom three.  Make of that what you will. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

We will finish above Huddersfield but could easily finish behind those 5 leaving us 8th. 

A decent day for us today though overall. Almost brilliant. 

My prediction is 8th place for Rovers - we'll gradually fall away from here because the squad lacks depth and quality - a failure to spend big in January

Bournemouth winning with goals in the last 9 minutes isn't brilliant

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Bournemouth take the 3 points with goals in the 86th and 95th minutes

That's why they spent the money in January and why they'll get 2nd automatic promotion place

Have we ever done that under Mowbray?

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

My prediction is 8th place for Rovers - we'll gradually fall away from here because the squad lacks depth and quality - a failure to spend big in January

Bournemouth winning with goals in the last 9 minutes isn't brilliant

That’s why I said decent, almost brilliant. I.e brilliant with 10 minutes to go 

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, toogs said:

Have we ever done that under Mowbray?

No, because going behind under Mowbray is basically akin to defeat. At best we're getting a point if we go behind. I imagine you could count on one hand the number of times we've come back from conceding the first goal to actually win under TM. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 minute ago, DE. said:

No, because going behind under Mowbray is basically akin to defeat. At best we're getting a point if we go behind. I imagine you could count on one hand the number of times we've come back from conceding the first goal to actually win under TM. 

Most of them in League 1 I'm guessing. 

Good results for us today. I don’t mind Bournemouth winning as I’ve said since deadline day they and Fulham will finish top two. Parker isn’t well liked down there but they, and Fulham of course have squads and players that will do the job regardless.

Our focus should be on the top six and getting through the next 5 or 6 games (which on paper are horrendous) with as many points as possible. If we can somehow do something incredible in those games and be in touching distance of Bournemouth then we could have a sniff but I doubt it. Let’s just finish in the top six, I don’t care if we finish 3rd or 6th I’d snap your hand off for any of those right now.  

• Like 6

• Backroom

Second May be unlikely but we shouldn’t be giving up on it, only takes a couple of results and it’s in our hands, especially with them still to play.

Weirdly as it stands out of us and any 3 in play off contention I’d fancy us least of the lot, we need that grit back

29 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Second was always a pipe dream. Target is top 6. If we make it, great. Let's see how the chips fall. If not, it should mean the end of the Mowbray era and we can try and kick on with some fresh ideas next season.

I would be all on favour of fresh ideas .......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alcd said:

He didn't want to come here. Can't do anything about that. Maja might have been a different story....

Maybe if we didn't bid at half an hour before he agreed to go to Boscombe it would have been different. Ie bid at the start of the window when Dembele wouldn't have had a choice to make

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Tom said:

Second May be unlikely but we shouldn’t be giving up on it, only takes a couple of results and it’s in our hands, especially with them still to play.

Weirdly as it stands out of us and any 3 in play off contention I’d fancy us least of the lot, we need that grit back

Agree with this. Bournemouth were v lucky today scabbbing a last kick of the game winner. Still don't think they are a great team under Parker. 

Don't for get last 10 games or so is when form goes out the window when the bottom sides get desperate and the top sides nervous. Often the teams at the bottom have good form and the top teams poor form at the end of the season, so anything can still happen!