BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

If we did end up in the playoffs, I’d be very happy if the table ended like this, nobody to fear in that other 3.B84F6DDC-1960-4172-9960-86607B93F34F.thumb.png.9319db9c3dff196db8c0eec6748d5849.png

Could you imagine if at the start of the year you were offered the chance to go up from beating QPR over two legs, then beat the winner of Luton vs Huddersfield? 

To be fair, the fans of those clubs would be talking about us in exactly the same way, but I'd absolutely snap your hand off for that now. 

I'd be looking at QPR as strong candidates to drop out come the end of the season. Even assuming they put on a better show than they did at Ewood, they still have Luton, Huddersfield, Sheffield United and Forest all away from home, and Fulham and Sheff U again at Loftus road. Very tough set of fixtures compared to ours, so you'd assume that they would need to beat a decent number of teams in and around them to stay where they are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Only 1 win in 6 against the other 3.

Correct, although we've only played 3 games against those teams with our new formation and lineup, and we're unbeaten. I'd rather face those 3 over 2 legs than the 3 just below them.

Edited by Mellor Rover

I think Conte is going to walk in the summer. His comments and demeanour after the Burnley game were of a man who realises he has been brought to the club under false pretences. It was only a few weeks ago that he was complaining about their business in the January transfer window.

There is no way Levy is going to give him the money he needs to turn Tottenham into title challengers. Conte isn't interested in 4th place. This season, yeah, but he wants to be fighting for titles and winning cups. It's far too big of a rebuilding job to turn Spurs into that.

Boro were deserving winners tonight. The more games for them to fit in, the better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Boro play Luton at the weekend. Luton play Chelsea tonight.

Hopefully both are equally exhausted after big 120 minute performances and play out a bore draw on Saturday.

It would have been better if they weren't playing each other - they could both have lost.

Less than 8500 home fans for a Saturday afternoon game at a club in the box seat for automatic promotion to the Premier League. 

As a PL club, they could well have filled an expanded or new stadium (couldn’t get either off the ground) due to the rapidly growing size  of the Bournemouth/Poole/Christchurch conurbation and a vast potential catchment area to the west and north. Plenty of casual football fans to tap into.

As an EFL club, there’s no potential there and they could quickly sink back to whence they came if anything happens with their ownership…