BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

Sky's constant meddling is becoming a real pain.

The games should be sorted before the season starts, a much more even split so everyone knows where they stand.

The Monday night slot should also be removed, it just shows the disregard that Sky and the authorities have for the supporters.

If it is for the police, thats bollocks, Preston v Rovers does not need moving for police reasons, and I am sure that it would just be an excuse.

Pissed off if it is true either way, a Saturday away at Preston would have been enjoyable, a Monday night, many just wont bother.

• Like 1

Not to do with the pathetic potential decision to move the Preston game, with zero thought of the fans by Sky and/or the police.

But we hear every single week how brilliant and exciting the Championship is, with the same cliches thrown in. Fulham have run away with a procession towards the title, Bournemouth have barring a miracle got 2nd sewn up too I would say and at a push, the relegation battle is 3 from 4, with Reading having a buffer.

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

St Georges Day, Preston v Rovers then the Fury fight at night - police obviously won't fancy that.

Monday night with a much depleted following it is then - shite.

Complete and utter disgrace by those making this decision. Why or why am I a football fan! It makes me so angry that our game has to suffer because of non footballing decisions by people who couldn't give a shite about our game!

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Sky's constant meddling is becoming a real pain.

The games should be sorted before the season starts, a much more even split so everyone knows where they stand.

The Monday night slot should also be removed, it just shows the disregard that Sky and the authorities have for the supporters.

If it is for the police, thats bollocks, Preston v Rovers does not need moving for police reasons, and I am sure that it would just be an excuse.

Pissed off if it is true either way, a Saturday away at Preston would have been enjoyable, a Monday night, many just wont bother.

This is Police decision not a Sky Decision as I was told of work colleague who is PNE fan

12 hours ago, Ossydave said:

St Georges Day, Preston v Rovers then the Fury fight at night - police obviously won't fancy that.

Monday night with a much depleted following it is then - shite.

No surprised that police has moved it but puts a end to plans I had that day. Have to re arrange my plans for that day. 

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not to do with the pathetic potential decision to move the Preston game, with zero thought of the fans by Sky and/or the police.

Police will only have so many resources to police the day. As Ossydave has said Police won't want to manage St George day, a football match and the crowd that will around watching Tyson Fury fight on the day/night in Preston. 

St George's day haha, heard it all now.

I'm not sure why anyone is suprised, games have been moved for years.

Also, it was clear as soon as football carried on behind closed doors during the pandemic that football doesn't need fans, despite all the nonesense they spout.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

This is Police decision not a Sky Decision as I was told of work colleague who is PNE fan

No surprised that police has moved it but puts a end to plans I had that day. Have to re arrange my plans for that day. 

Police will only have so many resources to police the day. As Ossydave has said Police won't want to manage St George day, a football match and the crowd that will around watching Tyson Fury fight on the day/night in Preston. 

Its on Sky, your colleague was wrong.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It’s not at the Police’s request. Sky are showing it

Sky may be showing the game because it is available due to the police requesting the change of date. I don't know, but either explanation could be true. For the fans it is a shit decission whoever made it.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Well several of us were planning to go.

Now we aren't.

Will watch a Sky Stream on the interweb. Can't be arsed drinking in town on a Monday night.

And it basically means the weekend will be fucked. Boring. 

Put Saint George in my heart make me English.

On 25/03/2022 at 15:02, roversfan99 said:

Its on Sky, your colleague was wrong.

How was he wrong? the game has been moved hasn't it.  Maybe you need to look more into it and the question that need to be asked is would the Police requested it anyway for it to be moved cos of  any Sky Request for the game to moved would need the Police to authorise it is my understanding. Maybe Sky wanted to show the game at Friday night or Saturday dinner time but Police refused it and wanted it moving to Monday night where it more managed to control the game, less Rovers fans going to the game and the Police would need less resources on that day.