BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

3 hours ago, goozburger said:

With Sheffield United at home next in the league, and with our playoff hopes now feeling real, what better opportunity than now to take advantage and get more bums on seats with a bundled ticket deal for the run in? Over to you, Steve...

Oh, he'll be taking advantage don't you worry about that. 

I get the impression that they’d stopped bothering with deals. Hasn’t been one this season (Hudds aside, but that was still around the £20 mark, so not exactly something that’s going to pull a load of folk in for a run of the mill game in November).

Will this a little bit unexpected run lead to some now? It certainly would at a normal club with 15,000+ empty seats to play with and a potential club transforming prize on offer…

• Like 1

The problem with a £10 ticket is that season tickets average at ~£17 per game (I stand to be corrected). It's completely unfair on season ticket holders to price a single ticket so low when they've forked out a lot of money to support the club for the whole season.

Waggott prices the season tickets so highly, and that creates a problem of justifying a very low cost single ticket at any point in the season. Pricing a ticket at £15-£20 might be more realistic, or bundle of games in that sort of price per game range. I can't see it happening, though. There might be an offer at some point, but I bet it'll be dismal.

I’d be all for bundles if they sold well, they just don’t here.

Not unfair to have an odd game at £10, Bournemouth was (with similar priced STs) in the run-in last season, we’ve always done it in years gone by (even in the pre ‘Taking Back Ewood’ PL days).

Obviously you don’t take the piss with it, but one targeted and publicised game - Oxford another example. Get folk back in the tent, get them on the database, marketing 101.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

Just now, goozburger said:

The problem with a £10 ticket is that season tickets average at ~£17 per game (I stand to be corrected). It's completely unfair on season ticket holders to price a single ticket so low when they've forked out a lot of money to support the club for the whole season.

And that's the reasoning Waggott uses. And it's a fair one.

However, he sets the prices so he should offer something to ST holders to compensate for non-ST holders getting a £10 ticket occasionally. But he'll only do that if the offer results in a net profit. 

Sheffield will still bring 3k even for a lunch time live tv game. 

The fat controller goes a little bit nearer hitting his targets with no extra hassle and maybe even a bonus if he exceeds them.

Meanwhile 10k remain in the home stands but 13k+ gets reported back to India, happy days.

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Waggott prices the season tickets so highly, and that creates a problem of justifying a very low cost single ticket at any point in the season. Pricing a ticket at £15-£20 might be more realistic, or bundle of games in that sort of price per game range. I can't see it happening, though. There might be an offer at some point, but I bet it'll be dismal.

£10 tickets and a commensurate discount in the shop for season ticket holders?

I know the club won’t do this but I wonder if it is something that would ‘work’

Edited by wilsdenrover

Rovers should be looking to get a bumper crowd for the Norwich game on Good Friday. 10 pounds for Adults, 5 pounds for concessions and pound for under 16's. 

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Sheffield will still bring 3k even for a lunch time live tv game. 

The fat controller goes a little bit nearer hitting his targets with no extra hassle and maybe even a bonus if he exceeds them.

Meanwhile 10k remain in the home stands but 13k+ gets reported back to India, happy days.

I think you will have over 12k Rovers fans on that game regardless of it being on TV and early kick off. Big game against one of our league rivals and top side

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

£10 tickets and a commensurate discount in the shop for season ticket holders?

I know the club won’t do this but I wonder if it is something that would ‘work’

I can see your point but for one off game I don't see the need for Season ticket holder to be given a discount for the club shop or even the concourse speaking as season ticket holder. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Another idea - how about a season ticket holder can buy a discounted match ticket for a friend?

They could decide whether to ‘split’ that discount between them.

These might be rubbish ideas but I’m sure I’m thinking about it more than Waggott does 😁

Its a decent idea but one that has been done before like last season I got my parents tickets for the Stoke game through that sort of scheme

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers should be looking to get a bumper crowd for the Norwich game on Good Friday. 10 pounds for Adults, 5 pounds for concessions and pound for under 16's. 

I think you will have over 12k Rovers fans on that game regardless of it being on TV and early kick off. Big game against one of our league rivals and top side

I can see your point but for one off game I don't see the need for Season ticket holder to be given a discount for the club shop or even the concourse speaking as season ticket holder. 

I hope so but there was only 11.5k Rovers fans on for a local game the other night and in reality probably only 10k actually in there.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I hope so but there was only 11.5k Rovers fans on for a local game the other night and in reality probably only 10k actually in there.

Given it was midweek game isn't ideal for every STH or walk on fan. Given that this Saturday dinner time and it will be easier for fans to attend(hopefully). 

Attendances might only get worse depending on next TV deal cos the EFL is considering streaming 3pm kick off or even having more TV games at weekend and showing more lower league games on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

Another idea - how about a season ticket holder can buy a discounted match ticket for a friend?

They could decide whether to ‘split’ that discount between them.

These might be rubbish ideas but I’m sure I’m thinking about it more than Waggott does 😁

They have a Waggott version of that whereby 1875 club members get a discount on match tickets for category A matches. The obvious caveat is paying £15 for 1875.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

The money you buy offer - one adult ticket is £20, two is £30, five is £50, ten is £75. Encourage groups to get together. 

I’d go for that, buy ten for £75 then flog the spare nine at a tenner a piece 😁

Joking aside, I do think that’s a good idea - which is why they won’t do it.

• Like 1