BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Ladies and gentlemen may I present to you the CEO of Blackburn Rovers Football Club…

IMG_1791.jpeg

Unbelievable, but then again it being Swag, probably not 🙈 At the Girona match, they couldn’t even get the playlist selected by fans and personally delivered by the Trust, sorted !! Apparently they lost it 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Seeing that charlatan on the Ewood pitch with Coar collecting an award commemorating 5000 league games made me feel sick 

Should be nowhere near the club IMO never mind the public face of it for such a historic occasion.

the blackburn end wer`nt  to complimentary about him from what i could hear in the riverside😁

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Ladies and gentlemen may I present to you the CEO of Blackburn Rovers Football Club…

IMG_1791.jpeg

Why hide your name, just Shame Waggott. He really does need to be ‘hounded’ by our supporters. Get him out of our club. He is ‘mocking’ all of us the longer he stays.

Edited by Moptop1
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

There is a lot of discussion of "our CEO" as JDT calls him elsewhere.

Swag has as hard a time managing the Venky's slashing of budgets as any at Ewood. Some of his decisions have been bizarre in the lack of sensitivity to his paying customers (closing the Blackburn End and Digital Day) but by and large he seems to have managed relatively well.

My objection to him is he has broken the two cardinal rules of being a CEO

1) Not standing up to take responsibility for an egregious error on his watch. Bad enough to be at the Birmingham game on transfer deadline day which is dereliction of duty but not to stand up and be counted for not having failsafe processes in place to avoid the January deadline fiasco last year (which cost us O'Riorden's fee in legal bills for the appeals) was totally unacceptable.

2) Even worse, to have undermined Broughton (who did stand up and dig SWAG and Silvester out of the mire last January) with not one but a series of comments in effectively a public forum in his meeting with Glen and co. is totally intolerable.

I maybe wrong but I get the impression he is miffed at the "sexy" football meddling part of his role has been taken away from him.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, philipl said:

Swag has as hard a time managing the Venky's slashing of budgets as any at Ewood. Some of his decisions have been bizarre in the lack of sensitivity to his paying customers (closing the Blackburn End and Digital Day) but by and large he seems to have managed relatively well.

1) Not standing up to take responsibility for an egregious error on his watch. Bad enough to be at the Birmingham game on transfer deadline day which is dereliction of duty but not to stand up and be counted for not having failsafe processes in place to avoid the January deadline fiasco last year (which cost us O'Riorden's fee in legal bills for the appeals) was totally unacceptable.

2) Even worse, to have undermined Broughton (who did stand up and dig SWAG and Silvester out of the mire last January) with not one but a series of comments in effectively a public forum in his meeting with Glen and co. is totally intolerable.

I maybe wrong but I get the impression he is miffed at the "sexy" football meddling part of his role has been taken away from him.

In addition to the wasted money for the appeal last Feb, how much of the Club's money do you reckon he spaffed  down the drain on the aborted attempt to sell part of Brockhall?

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Really?!? What is it you think he has managed relatively well?

I can't think of any successful initiatives he's responsible for, but there's a list of failures as long as my arm. I'm confident that Swag has cost us more money than he's saved us, even before you consider his salary.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, philipl said:

Usually love your posts, but Waggot imo isn't doing relatively well at all.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 1

He's doing well for his bosses, hollowing out the club, saving them relatively small amounts in the scheme of tens of millions a year, saving them any hassle or need to do anything other than sanction the annual budget.

Unfortunately what is good for Venkys isn't what is good for Rovers, so as a Rovers CEO he has been an outright failure in improving, developing, enhancing, progressing the football club.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

He's doing an awful job. To pretend otherwise is ludicrous.

His sole job is to run the commercial side of the business and the thick twat claims he knows nothing of a 'liverpool legend' night happening in Blues Bar.

The guy is a parasite.

He'll have known damn well about it he'll have ok'd it or maybe even arranged it.

Part of his skillset he told everybody about several years ago was opening up stadiums for use 7 days a week to maximise income.  Making the most of everything they had to offer so he's done a deal with the fast food mob to let hire out areas for whatever they want.

Again it's at his door this and he won't give a flying one, half his staff probably have free tickets.

22 minutes ago, JHRover said:

He's doing well for his bosses, hollowing out the club, saving them relatively small amounts in the scheme of tens of millions a year, saving them any hassle or need to do anything other than sanction the annual budget.

Unfortunately what is good for Venkys isn't what is good for Rovers, so as a Rovers CEO he has been an outright failure in improving, developing, enhancing, progressing the football club.

Is he even saving them small amounts? Most of his cost-saving initiatives probably cost more than they save through lost ticket sales. Then there's the multimillions lost through failing to tie down assets.

The majority of what's good for Rovers, in these types of areas anyway, are also what's good for Venkys. The more he loses, short and long term, the more they have to fish in their pockets to swerve FFP and save face.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Is he even saving them small amounts? Most of his cost-saving initiatives probably cost more than they save through lost ticket sales. Then there's the multimillions lost through failing to tie down assets.

I really don't think Venkys know or care about that and even less than that do they hold him responsible for it.

He can send his spreadsheets over there each year and show them how he's increased revenues from squeezing the 8000 a bit harder or by putting an 1875 membership scheme out or saved some money by shutting a stand or whatever else he comes up with. 

I really don't think the tying down assets thing is something they'll lay at his door, I suspect that one falls on Mowbray/Venus and the shadow man/Venkys for not sorting.

They clearly don't care about things like lost ticket sales or plummeting attendances so doubt they'll even think about his policies and their impact on those.

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I really don't think Venkys know or care about that and even less than that do they hold him responsible for it.

He can send his spreadsheets over there each year and show them how he's increased revenues from squeezing the 8000 a bit harder or by putting an 1875 membership scheme out or saved some money by shutting a stand or whatever else he comes up with. 

I really don't think the tying down assets thing is something they'll lay at his door, I suspect that one falls on Mowbray/Venus and the shadow man/Venkys for not sorting.

They clearly don't care about things like lost ticket sales or plummeting attendances so doubt they'll even think about his policies and their impact on those.

Oh aye, I didn't mean to infer any competence or ability to scrutinise at the door of Venkys. Merely pointing out that he doesn't in reality save them or the club anything, quite the opposite. Regardless of how he presents it or what codswallop they'll swallow.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

The majority of what's good for Rovers, in these types of areas anyway, are also what's good for Venkys. The more he loses, short and long term, the more they have to fish in their pockets to swerve FFP and save face.

This is all assuming that venkys don't want to lose millions a year through the club's books .

Hmm.

I have just posted that SWAG fails on judgement trust and integrity - the most basic requirements of a CEO.

BUT 

I acknowledged that he was plunged into a situation sometime in 2023 in which he had no idea when and how much the next lifeline cash would come from Pune..

Believe me that could have been handled much worse than he did.

AND

If no more Indian cash were forthcoming, keeping us in the Championship and the young player development were the basic essential requirements to make Rovers a rescuable proposition.

That was the stark reality we were facing and JDT getting us into play off contention until the protracted injury crisis took its toll was a phenomenal achievement using playing resources GB had rustled up out of empty crisp bags.

Edited by philipl

5 hours ago, philipl said:

Hmm.

I have just posted that SWAG fails on judgement trust and integrity - the most basic requirements of a CEO.

BUT 

I acknowledged that he was plunged into a situation sometime in 2023 in which he had no idea when and how much the next lifeline cash would come from Pune..

Believe me that could have been handled much worse than he did.

AND

If no more Indian cash were forthcoming, keeping us in the Championship and the young player development were the basic essential requirements to make Rovers a rescuable proposition.

That was the stark reality we were facing and JDT getting us into play off contention until the protracted injury crisis took its toll was a phenomenal achievement using playing resources GB had rustled up out of empty crisp bags.

I always come back to thinking about SWAG in two different roles.

CEO of a Championship club - very poor.

CEO of Venkys Blackburn Rovers - a remit of chomping down on the crap that Venkys don't want or won't deal with and keeping the fans from their door, a perfectly reasonable job.

Unfortunately for fans we need him to be really good at job 1, his priority is job 2.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

The fact our sponsor is Totally Wicked, gross. This clown has a track record of failure.

And yet he openly admits we turned down more lucrative gambling sponsorships. If you are trying to compete on a level playing field with other team in the Skybet Championship then turning that down is a bit naive in the first place, but then going with Totally Wicked just loses any moral high ground. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3