BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough away 28th August

16 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Wouldn't be In a rush to start Clarkson again In such an advanced position. Some nice touches but largely anonymous. 

Never stopped Mowbray when hes tried it with Buckley, Holtby, Dolan (although to be fair to Dolan he does offer incredible closing down)...

I get it with Dack - he's a goal scorer, but everyone else it just is bizarre.

Fully expecting Clarkson or the new lad from Leeds to be there on Saturday. 😞

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Carter Lenihan Ayala Pickering

Travis Cl;arkson Rothwell

Poveda    Gallagher  Brereton

Hold on, you were building your team around Bucko a couple of weeks ago for the season. ..🤷‍♂️ poor lad will feel abandoned.

4 hours ago, XLM said:

One of the few places we, as Rovers fans, can call a shit hole.

Shit town. Shit club. Shit fans.

1-1

To me, Boro are one of those teams just like us. An unfashionable team from an unfashionable town with unfashionable fans. The football is the only thing that keeps life sufferable. It's just that we've had a ridiculous amount of success in (relatively) recent history. They'd be my preference for teams up that way ahead of Newcastle and Sunderland. Not actually been to the new ground though and Saturday will make it 52 away grounds (I counted them up the other night when I was bored).

• Like 3

Certainly wouldn't call boro a shit club or shit fans they're a passionate bunch.

They have a hardcore a bit bigger than ours but they do seem to have more than average glory hunters for a club of that size. They are the one's with the attitude problem. I remember them spouting about bringing 6k+ to Ewood when Karanka relit their fire, the season before they brought 690 !

Mowbray was manager then by the way......

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

They have had relatively little success compared to us tomphil...gloryhunters?...not too sure that one can be aimed at them either tbh.

The old Aryesome Park ground was a hostile and intimidating place to go for away fans in the 80s...can remember a few 20,000+ gates v Rovers back in the day.

Front-Line, a rowdy bunch. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

They have had relatively little success compared to us tomphil...gloryhunters?...not too sure that one can be aimed at them either tbh.

The old Aryesome Park ground was a hostile and intimidating place to go for away fans in the 80s...can remember a few 20,000+ gates v Rovers back in the day.

I remember street battles on Boxing Day outside Ayresome

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Hold on, you were building your team around Bucko a couple of weeks ago for the season. ..🤷‍♂️ poor lad will feel abandoned.

Keeping Buckley in the team is key for me. We can't drop him for loanees. He's improving all the time and I think will turn like Travis into a very good championship performer as he racks up the games.

I guess we've got six centre mids (Buckley, Travis, Rothwell, Johnson, Clarkson, Davenport) and we will rotate the first five a bit while Davenport will play a bit part role here and there.

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Keeping Buckley in the team is key for me. We can't drop him for loanees. He's improving all the time and I think will turn like Travis into a very good championship performer as he racks up the games.

I guess we've got six centre mids (Buckley, Travis, Rothwell, Johnson, Clarkson, Davenport) and we will rotate the first five a bit while Davenport will play a bit part role here and there.

Not sure Mowbray will if Clarkson keeps performing.

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Bandwagon hoppers then, casuals, part timers call them what you want it amounts to the same thing. They can conjor quite a few thousand out of thin air whenever they start doing well.

We all have them but they seem to have more than the average mid sized club. 

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Going off the bit of film Poveda is possibly the most left footed player you’ll see in a long while. Why would anybody play him on the right wing ? I think I know, Tony once saw Arjen Robben come inside onto his left foot off the right wing and bend one into the far corner and now he thinks anybody can do it.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Going off the bit of film Poveda is possibly the most left footed player you’ll see in a long while. Why would anybody play him on the right wing ? I think I know, Tony once saw Arjen Robben come inside onto his left foot off the right wing and bend one into the far corner and now he thinks anybody can do it.

I like a leftie being one myself.  Trouble is, we don't have the CF to head in his crosses from the left, might aswell let the lad cut in and have a bash.....

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I like a leftie being one myself.  Trouble is, we don't have the CF to head in his crosses from the left, might aswell let the lad cut in and have a bash.....

I’m not keen to be honest, it just condenses play into midfield. When I was playing right back I loved it when the winger I was marking went inside, it was job half done.

Watch any goals highlight reel and see how many goals come from a player getting around the side of the opposing defence.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

tony signs two big strikers then plays them wide,he signs a wide player(dolan) and puts him  in the middle,he`ll probably do the same with poveda,the guy is seriously messed up,gally and big ben can`t cross a football and dolan can`t head one,the result is everyone mixed up trying to do jobs they don`t have the skills for,what ever happened to the simple game that football is supposed to be,tony thinks he`s a tactical genius when in reality he`s a poor man manager and communicator

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well I wouldn’t worry about that because he isn’t going to be playing on the wing. He played a centre midfielder in striker against West Brom instead of putting one of his £5+ million pound strikers up there.

People try to defend him with the wide forwards thing but whether or not Brereton and Gallagher can have good games in that position I think both would play a lot better through the middle especially Gally. I feel sorry for Gallagher because he grafts his arse off for the team but every attribute a player would need in the position he plays are clearly not his strengths. Tony has ruined him, he was a young and raw kid when he scored 11 league goals for us in a shit team that got relegated, he should be even better now but if anything he’s got worse. Not giving up on him yet though, the day we finally get a new manager we could see him come good. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

Bandwagon hoppers then, casuals, part timers call them what you want it amounts to the same thing. They can conjor quite a few thousand out of thin air whenever they start doing well.

We all have them but they seem to have more than the average mid sized club. 

Because they are the only league club (newly promoted Hartlepool aside) between Newcastle/Sunderland and Leeds. Massive catchment area.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Because they are the only league club (newly promoted Hartlepool aside) between Newcastle/Sunderland and Leeds. Massive catchment area.

I think that explains why their academy has over time tended to be good too. Like Southampton they're pretty much the only gig in town for a really sizable chunk of the country.