BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Backroom

I can understand any criticism of Southgate, fair enough, but I thought that crowd was poor tonight.

Will have contained some of the same people that criticized us for turning after what?!- 18 months of solid shambles and lies.ย 

Those England fans have had half a decade of fairly impressive progress and success....but one bad month or so and they instantly turn nasty.

Not having it, after all the patronizing lectures I've had over the years about bring a 'real' football fan. Not from the same people who refused to even listen about WHY we were pissed off.ย 

They've all chucked their rattles out the pram at the first bump.ย 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

frankly if i had that amount of attacking talent as a manager,id`e just go and tell them to play football,don`t worry about the defending,we`ll score more than them,we can`t defend anyway,mcguire and stones are exposed at the highest level

In the first half that i watched they all looked shit,i don't know what Saka does well to get a place in the England team and Stones is made to look a better player by his City team mates,gets to England and is shown up as mediocre,even Bellingham who i think will be a great player in the future looked terrible.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Silas said:

I can understand any criticism of Southgate, fair enough, but I thought that crowd was poor tonight.

Will have contained some of the same people that criticized us for turning after what?!- 18 months of solid shambles and lies.ย 

Those England fans have had half a decade of fairly impressive progress and success....but one bad month or so and they instantly turn nasty.

Not having it, after all the patronizing lectures I've had over the years about bring a 'real' football fan. Not from the same people who refused to even listen about WHY we were pissed off.ย 

Itโ€™s the FAโ€™s own fault for playing a game at a proper club ground with the great unwashed.

Donโ€™t get that with the day trippers and corporates at Wembleyย ๐Ÿ˜

17 minutes ago, Silas said:

4 sub par performances on the bounce is some bump.

Southgate has no idea what his best team or system is.

He has used the NL to give all his lads game time, let's see how that pans out in Qatar.

I do not advocate a change of manager now, it's too late in the day.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Itโ€™s the FAโ€™s own fault for playing a game at a proper club ground with the great unwashed.

Donโ€™t get that with the day trippers and corporates at Wembleyย ๐Ÿ˜

Hadn't thought of that, it's a fair point.

Errr..only been new Wembley once and was in the posh seats....so gonna swiftly move on. ๐Ÿ˜

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He has used the NL to give all his lads game time, let's see how that pans out in Qatar.

So you'd hope proper football fans would realise that and cut some slack on this occasion. (Meaning all the NL games)

He's got some credit in the bank surely.ย 

He's tinkered in a tinpot tournament and got his fingers burned. No big deal. There was a time we all cried about judging a manager on the Tournaments. Cos we had those guys that smashed qualifying, and then collapsed.ย 

Now we kind of have the opposite, it's shame him time. Feels off.ย 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silas said:

Hadn't thought of that, it's a fair point.

Errr..only been new Wembley once and was in the posh seats....so gonna swiftly move on. ๐Ÿ˜

So you'd hope proper football fans would realise that and cut some slack on this occasion. (Meaning all the NL games)

He's got some credit in the bank surely.ย 

He's tinkered in a tinpot tournament and got his fingers burned. No big deal. There was a time we all cried about judging a manager on the Tournaments. Cos we had those guys that smashed qualifying, and then collapsed.ย 

Now we kind of have the opposite, it's shame him time. Feels off.ย 

I agree that Southgate has credit in the bank and don't advocate a panic change.

It's not a tinpot tournament. Ask Hungary.

I don't think it helps anyone to say it's tinpot just because of England's performance in it.

It's timing due to the corrupt timing of the Qatar WC is unfortunate.

I have watched quite a few NL games and many teams take it seriously.

• Like 2

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Meaningless tournament that the players clearly couldn't be bothered about and would rather be somewhere else

Does anyone care - really, in the cricket season?

And why would anyone watch it?ย 

Our players werenโ€™t bothered, Hungaryโ€™s certainly were. It was like watching Rovers play a team like Luton. A team versus eleven individuals.

• Like 1

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I don't think it helps anyone to say it's tinpot just because of England's performance in it.

I'm not even really intending that angle, it's seeding for future Tournaments, harder draws, so certainly a relevant competition.ย 

More the big ones read Semi Final, Final. Should count for something that.ย 

U can get an occasional pass.ย 

• Like 1

What southgate needs a tactical coach alongside him to do the in game management.ย  A Glen hoddle or someone similar.ย  Let southgate pick the squad.ย  Do team bonding.ย  Southgate has done great things.ย  Like bringing through youth.ย  Bringing the country together.ย  He just needs help

7 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I agree that Southgate has credit in the bank and don't advocate a panic change.

It's not a tinpot tournament. Ask Hungary.

It's timing due to the corrupt timing of the Qatar WC is unfortunate.

Yeah, I think the NL is good. You wouldn't have got a game like that in a friendly. Hungary absolutely ecstatic. Playing 4 games at the end of the season when we have the season starting early due to WC is a bit mad. But it's the same for everyone.

Southgates got a massive problem now. What's his best team? What's his best formation? Basically everything has been rubbish and hasn't worked.

Probably given how poor our defence has been it will be back to 343. And we have 2 games against Italy and Germany to get it right. This will likely be Southgates preferred XI imo.

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Pickford

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Walker.ย  ย  ย  Stones.ย  ย  Maguire

James.ย  ย  ย Rice.ย  ย  ย  Bellingham.ย  ย  ย Shaw.ย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Sterling.ย  ย  ย Kane.ย  ย  Mount

Issue is out of that who truly is in form and confident? England are producing a lot of good attacking players but no one really dominant. And defensively we are going backwards.... Hmmm...

ย 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

ย  ย  Pickford

I think that'll be close to what our line up will be. The weakness there will be that we don't have the Mount that turns up for Chelsea, so when we play so many defensive players we need the attackers to be all out attack and dangerous from the off which we're not getting from Mount.ย 

Also when it's not working we need to have the balls to take Kane off and try a different option. We seem to persist with Kane when he is blowing out of his arse and not going to score if we played on for weeks.ย 

They're my two criticisms of Southgates Englandย 

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah, I think the NL is good. You wouldn't have got a game like that in a friendly. Hungary absolutely ecstatic. Playing 4 games at the end of the season when we have the season starting early due to WC is a bit mad. But it's the same for everyone.

Southgates got a massive problem now. What's his best team? What's his best formation? Basically everything has been rubbish and hasn't worked.

Probably given how poor our defence has been it will be back to 343. And we have 2 games against Italy and Germany to get it right. This will likely be Southgates preferred XI imo.

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Pickford

Issue is out of that who truly is in form and confident? England are producing a lot of good attacking players but no one really dominant. And defensively we are going backwards.... Hmmm...

ย 

Southgate will need to play his best 11 in those 2 games as WC preparation and to get a win to protect our seeding level going forward.

The above line up is approaching our strongest yet apart from Kane and to a lesser extent Sterling doesn't have many goals in it.

It does have Rice who does the work of 3 players.

Kane goes deep or wide too often. It works at Spurs where he has Son to pick out, and Kane is a fantastic distance passer.

Saka and Shaw for that matter are not a Son.

When Kane goes deep or wide there is just nobody of an attacking threat ahead of him on any consistent basis.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I think we're hoping Ten Haag can start to get a tune out of Rashford on England's behalf.

There's a lot of England players who didn't perform last season. We're hoping for a lot of club managers getting a tune out of the England team. Marcus Rashford is the most notable.ย 

Of our Euro team

Pickford was in a relegation scrap

Maguire and Shaw were having a torrid time at united

Stones didn't play

Phillips was injured

Sterling back to mediocrity

Grealish off the boil

Kane having a sulk for not getting his transfer

ย 

Many had ok seasons but I'd say only a handful had a good season - Rice, James etc

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Southgate will need to play his best 11 in those 2 games as WC preparation and to get a win to protect our seeding level going forward.

The above line up is approaching our strongest yet apart from Kane and to a lesser extent Sterling doesn't have many goals in it.

It does have Rice who does the work of 3 players.

Kane goes deep or wide too often. It works at Spurs where he has Son to pick out, and Kane is a fantastic distance passer.

Saka and Shaw for that matter are not a Son.

When Kane goes deep or wide there is just nobody of an attacking threat ahead of him on any consistent basis.

Agree with Kane. He seems to have totally changed his game in a way that suits Spurs but not England. England need him to channel Shearer, but instead he prefers being Dennis Bergkamp to Son's Henry. We don't need him messing about in an already congested midfield despite his excellent passing.

Also whats frustrating is three of our outstanding creative talents don't really seem to be kicking on - Grealish, Sancho, Foden. Plus Rashford whose never convinced at international level is going backwards too...

ย 

• Like 1