BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I think it just needs the professionalism to keep coming in.

In fairness, Earps made a genuinely terrific belly-up save just before 2-0 (or was it before the 3-0 back-heel?)

ย 

If you go back to the start of professional men's football in England then the goalkeepers would have been smaller on average than now. And there were more goals scored - not surprisingly. As goalkeepers got bigger and fitter the goals scored reduced. Interestingly the response seems to be a lighter ball so it moves around more in the air and is easier to curl / bend. You see keepers more often deceived by the flight of the ball than used to be the case. That's my theory anyway ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

I suspect in the women's game, as more women play and come up through the professional system, the coaches will identify likely goalkeepers and persuade them in that direction. You often hear in the men's game how professional goalkeepers started as outfield players in schools / youth football but were talent spotted as having the likely physical attributes to make a good goalkeeper.

• Like 3

A final at Wembley vs. Germany then, doesn't get much bigger than that.

Bright vs Popp should be some battle, and whoever wins that likely wins the game.

Germany are a good side, but I think we'd have fared worse against the pace and intensity of Diani etc.

ย 

• Like 1

• Backroom
46 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

A final at Wembley vs. Germany then, doesn't get much bigger than that.

Bright vs Popp should be some battle, and whoever wins that likely wins the game.

Germany are a good side, but I think we'd have fared worse against the pace and intensity of Diani etc.

ย 

Oberdorf Vs Walsh looks a tasty midfield battle to me.

• Like 1

Thought this would be a chattier thread just before kickoff. Go on Lionesses! Don't want the Germans to win their 9th out of the 13 European finals that have happened, at the expense of our first, on our own turf.

And in answer to the above question, no.

• Like 2

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, Silas said:

Sparks'll be along soon to call Ellen White crap......so that'll spice the occasion up.ย 

I take it back....a player of that experience can't be gobbing off and getting an early booking in a final ffs.

A dive in the box now and she's off.

Poor!ย 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Silas said:

I take it back....a player of that experience can't be gobbing off and getting an early booking in a final ffs.

A dive in the box now and she's off.

Poor!ย 

One tournament too far for her,she used to be clinical but now shes into Andy Cole mode and needs 5 chances to score a goal.

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

One tournament too far for her,she used to be clinical but now shes into Andy Cole mode and needs 5 chances to score a goal.

Yeah, she's been bad, no hiding from it.

Need Russo on 2nd half.ย 

Women's football is alot better than people say. U can't really tell the difference between the men's game and the Women's.ย  Perhaps the size of the goals should be reduced as most female Goalkeepers are only 5'7 5'8. But its Been an absorbing gameย 

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 3