BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) 11/9/21

That's the most furious I've been in years. Thought I didn't care.

I'm a believer in that the first incident is the only one that matters, and Lenihan should have walked after 7 minutes.

But that referee was something else in the second half. Literally 12 vs 11. Yes you fucked up with the Lenihan red, but that Cameron Jerome elbow was something else. I'd love to put that 90 minutes through VAR. Would have finished 10 vs 8 easily.

Mowbray is an absolute buffoon, Gallagher was abysmal those last 15 minutes... was he knackered? Make the sub you imbecile. And for my money Diaz was equally shite for 90 minutes. Those two, coupled with more Mowbray failings, cost us that game.

I cannot understate how much I fucking hate Nathan Jones.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I was keeping up to date with posts and some were saying brereton missed a few too, so I find it odd that gallagher is singled out alone 

Watch a replay if you can. You won’t find it odd then. Brereton was below par too. Check out the player ratings feature. It’s excellent.

I came on here thinking everyone will be discussing the appalling refereeing today (for both sides) and mowbrays poor management (as per) and I'll have a rant about how poor I thought Sam gallagher was today up front... but it turns out you've all beaten me to it. 

He was terrible today, truly. 

I'd advocated him getting a run through the middle as he ain't a winger but you know what maybe he's just rubbish? 

I think for me the crux of his problem is he doesn't anticipate anything, zero instincts in and around the box which also leads to poor decision making. 

His next biggest problem is his poor touch.

Then today he could barely stay on his feet and didn't put himself about to the degree he usually does.

I've said he needs a run of games through the middle and that's still true but todays performance was so bad that we need to fast forward to plan c and try brereton through the middle and butterworth on the left.

A 2/10 performance

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I was keeping up to date with posts and some were saying brereton missed a few too, so I find it odd that gallagher is singled out alone 

Luton go 3 at the back, half the team on yellow cards and what does Mowbray do, takes off our most creative midfielder, brings on Margorie and plays 5 AT THE BACK, open for Luton to bomb balls into the box, some management that is, and i dont get the Travis and Buckley crap, they're both average at best, equaliser on 98 mins i think when there was officially 5 mins of extra time.  Mowbray is a Dinosaur of a manager cant close a match out,  If we lose Tuesday the man of integrity (i say with a smile) should walk. But hey he has no integrity has he.

• Like 7

That was shocking!!!!!

Got 2-0 up, in a very poor first half from both sides. 

2 very good goals, but bar that it was boring.

Second half we had a lot more dangerous moments in particular with both Dolan and Brereton causing problems.

Gallagher should of been took off after an hour. He got to play down the middle, but was poor throughout. By the 75th minute he was dead on his feet.

What does tombola Tony do? Takes off Rothwell who was causing them all sorts of issues with his driving runs, decides to throw on another centre back and basically hand the match to Luton.

Gallagher then tries to waste time (similar to when he did the same against PNE) during his loan spell here. 60 seconds later, same result, Luton up the other end bagging an equaliser.

We were poor today, tactically and overall in quality. However at 2-0 , At home we should be seeing the game out.

Mowbray cost us that match with this stupid idea that a back 3 works. 

• Like 3

Just seen the highlights.

BB deserves some flak for missing that 1 v 1, Gallagher also for the follow up.

Also, there was a guy on twitter moaning, when we went 2 up,  that we should never have been calling for Mowbrays head previously.

I commented back, reminding him of the 2 wins in 17.

Full time, he deletes his tweet.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Just seen the highlights.

BB deserves some flak for missing that 1 v 1, Gallagher also for the follow up.

Also, there was a guy on twitter moaning, when we went 2 up,  that we should never have been calling for Mowbrays head previously.

I commented back, reminding him of the 2 wins in 17.

Full time, he deletes his tweet.

Let their Mowbray love in continue 

i was embarrased when mowbray put an extra defender on,ffs i could`nt believe an "experienced" manager could`nt see what 11,000 other people could,keep the ball,luton are a bunch of cloggers,if they can`t get the ball then they are basically going to foul you,we spent all last season doing nothing but keeping the ball,ffs has tony forgotten all about his possession nirvana

14 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I came on here thinking everyone will be discussing the appalling refereeing today (for both sides) and mowbrays poor management (as per) and I'll have a rant about how poor I thought Sam gallagher was today up front... but it turns out you've all beaten me to it. 

I'd advocated him getting a run through the middle as he ain't a winger but you know what maybe he's just rubbish? 

I think for me the crux of his problem is he doesn't anticipate anything, zero instincts in and around the box which also leads to poor decision making. 

Then today he could barely stay on his feet and didn't put himself about to the degree he usually does.

I've said he needs a run of games through the middle and that's still true but todays performance was so bad that we need to fast forward to plan c and try brereton through the middle and butterworth on the left.

A 2/10 performance

2/10 is extremely generous!

Thought it was quite an entertaining game overall...but it highlighted all that is wrong.  Still can't defend.  Gallagher is absoloutely shite.  Brereton is about 5% better....and because the club messed up the transfer window, there are no options to replace them.  Mowbray thinks he's a tactical genius with his wing backs and 3 CB.  Quite simply threw the points away.  That said, radio said Lennihan should have had a straight red after 5 mins so can't grumble about the draw.

As an aside, Rothwell got on my nerves.  Tried to show pony instead of playing simple passes in their half.  Gave the ball away a lot.

Right. Anyone for tennis 🎾

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Well that's a new one for a manager to be proud that we dropped a 2 points and a 2 goal lead within a half. It's hard to stomach that expectations can be so low. 

It's harder to stomach that there are plenty of so called fans that accept it

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

A 2/10 performance

2.7/10 actually, according to the match centre ratings…

• Like 4

He's absolutely using his failures in the transfer window to frame each game we collapse in as "being happy we fought for a point". In no way should a Rovers fan be happy with yet another capitulation. 

I would love to know the amount of times we have blown not just a lead, but a lead of 2 goals+ under his management.

6 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

As an aside, Rothwell got on my nerves.  Tried to show pony instead of playing simple passes in their half.  Gave the ball away a lot.

Right. Anyone for tennis 🎾

Took him the first 32 mins to pass to a teammate.

Worst performance by a number 9 I can ever recall seeing, John O’Mara territory, and a brain-dead manager did for us, along with a classic Graham/Dack goal at the death.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RTM08 said:
I would love to know the amount of times we have blown not just a lead, but a lead of 2 goals+ under his management.

I was going to ask actually, since we have some very seasoned fans on here, can anybody remember us having a manager as bad at protecting a lead?

In my time (Kenny onwards) there's never been a manager who had me consistently still feeling uncomfortable at 2 goals up. Surrendering a 2 goal lead used to be considered unforgivable. Now the fanbase just gives a collective shrug. That's how much expectations and standards have changed here.

• Like 2