BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

Probably not, but if they think around 2k is what any opposition will fetch that is obviously the entry mark for a Cat A -I.e. West Brom, and bugger trying to get any of your own fans back in the tent around the festive period…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

A bit condescending in regards to Huddersfield they usually bring more here than we take there they have a very good fanbase. Doubt it'll be over 2.5k but it'll be decent numbers.

I disagree as could be seen with the Rovers following earlier this season on a seriously bad rainy night!

Rovers away following is a decent one wherever we go, their numbers cannot be compared to ours even a local derby didn't get them excited so a Sunday afternoon at Ewood? Don't think so especially at Christmas

Huddersfield have the Dingles away in the cup a week later, which is pretty much a derby, and you imagine tickets will be a fair bit cheaper than £30… so many of their fans may just opt to go there instead.

Another Swag masterstroke 👏

Edited by Mattyblue

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Reading in The Times this morning that local safety advisor groups will be in charge of the policy and it will probably only be spot checks of passes/LFTs.

Only to be expected. What's the rule on masks? Think I've missed a bit on this.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

requested to wear one on the concourses but no requirement to wear one inside the ground/seating areas.

shouldn't need to wear in your seat given that its outside and given the weather people are wearing scarfs, snoods anyway no need for requirements on it

23 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’ve got the pass which runs out on the 8th of January. Then what happens. I’ve had both jabs ?

and do we have to wear them bloody masks in ground ?

If you get a paper copy from the NHS there is no 30 day validity, so you only have to get it once.

• Like 1

Also shows how they actually don’t have a feel for the sport and/or fan culture, at all.

An actual football man would spot that Hudds are playing in the cup at Burnley the week after, where they will likely take plenty due to prices probably in the £15/20 bracket, so of course a switched on administrator wouldn’t then price a game just after an expensive Xmas and new year at £30, as many of their fans will likely be making a choice of one or the other… and it ain’t going to be us.

Drives me mad, but not to worry, we have a forum member who has the ears of them down there telling them what’s what…

55 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Where I sit in the JWU, it's £22 adult price for Barnsley, versus £32 for Huddersfield.

No sense whatsoever.

That is the stupidest thing about it it's a blatant rip off you might understand it if it was Liverpool in the cup.

Surely just 25 quid for each would make more sense.

• Like 1

My brother in law has just started taking his 6 year old lad, he didn’t commit to a ST for them as he wasn’t sure if he’d take to it (he loves it, by the way).

He’s a JWU man, as many match day buyers are ,and it’s costing him around £50 a time for matches against the mighty West Brom and PNE in the second division - he’s lucky enough to be able to afford it, but many can’t (or won’t) pay such insane pricing.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Where I sit in the JWU, it's £22 adult price for Barnsley, versus £32 for Huddersfield.

No sense whatsoever.

He just thinks fans back home for Xmas..let's fleece 'em.

No intention of trying to maximise the the crowd,just ££££££££££££££££££££££s

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Also shows how they actually don’t have a feel for the sport and/or fan culture, at all.

An actual football man would spot that Hudds are playing in the cup at Burnley the week after, where they will likely take plenty due to prices probably in the £15/20 bracket, so of course a switched on administrator wouldn’t then price a game just after an expensive Xmas and new year at £30, as many of their fans will likely be making a choice of one or the other… and it ain’t going to be us.

Drives me mad, but not to worry, we have a forum member who has the ears of them down there telling them what’s what…

I mean, I do tell him every time there’s a meeting, but short of me being appointed to help with the ticket pricing, there’s not really much more I can do, to be fair!

I explain the situation and if he doesn’t listen, what else can I do?

Just now, K-Hod said:

I mean, I do tell him every time there’s a meeting, but short of me being appointed to help with the ticket pricing, there’s not really much more I can do, to be fair!

I explain the situation and if he doesn’t listen, what else can I do?

Ha, not you K-Hod! 

• Like 1

Get that weasel our of our club.

I'm furious he's charging those stupid prices just when it seemed a few fans are back on side.

It's Huddersfield for God's sake Waggot!!

Talk about cashing in due to a festive game being played.

Yet again this man shows zero common sense regards commercial activity for our club 

He's there for a quick buck and never looks at the bigger picture or the future for our fanbase 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Get that weasel our of our club.

I'm furious he's charging those stupid prices just when it seemed a few fans are back on side.

It's Huddersfield for God's sake Waggot!!

Talk about cashing in due to a festive game being played.

Yet again this man shows zero common sense regards commercial activity for our club 

He's there for a quick buck and never looks at the bigger picture or the future for our fanbase 

Spot on.

I have a ST and at some games there's been literally 4 of us on our row. 

The experience - a la Preston & SheffUtd - was like chalk and cheese in comparison to those earlier games.

I've paid my money, but I'm not overly bothered how many cut price games they offer if it gets more bums on seats.

• Like 4

It’s not even about ‘cut price’, though I’m always open to that, but just the nonsense of charging £36 (THIRTY SIX) to sit in the JWU for a game straight after an expensive Xmas and new year for most folk, to watch a second division game against Huddersfield Town!

Laughable really, but the joke is on the club as Swag will have fecked off elsewhere soon enough after his disastrous tenure.

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Brum and Barnsley tickets don't even come up unless you login or create an account first. Hudds tickets do come up. Strange website. Not much use if not a member. Can't even view prices. 

It's pathetic it really is.

42 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

In his mind, the pricing is possibly to nudge people towards buying the half ST.

If every match was 19 quid there would literally be no need for half STs.

Reason 1 is obviously away support, if the game had been against Reading it wouldn’t be Cat A. Reason 2 I would agree is trying to do that. 

But there is obviously a middle ground between undercutting ST holders and Cat A.

Edited by Mattyblue

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Reason 1 is obviously away support, if the game had been against Reading it wouldn’t be Cat A. Reason 2 I would agree is trying to do that. 

But there is obviously a middle ground between undercutting ST holders and Cat A.

He should be prioritising Home support..maximise our Home support to help this promotion drive.

I really couldn't give a toss about away fans right now with what is happening with this team and form.

We should be looking at around 20k with the Hudds game but the pricing is so wrong.