BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But it's ain't. 

Telling people to do something they already know they have to do, most of us have done for 18 months, with an air of superiority? Speaking down to people as if their own concerns about safety aren’t valid?

Definition of patronising Chaddy. You might not like that opinion, but you aren’t going to alter it.

42 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Telling people to do something they already know they have to do, most of us have done for 18 months, with an air of superiority? Speaking down to people as if their own concerns about safety aren’t valid?

Definition of patronising Chaddy. You might not like that opinion, but you aren’t going to alter it.

I don't want to get to deep into a simple comment so lets leave it there. 

Every person will make they own decision for themselves whether or not to attend. Its their own personal choice which I said from day one. 

• Like 1

Tough one to judge today given it's the week before Christmas and the covid ballaches but not a disaster.

Still a shame though as the team deserve so much better but it also re-enforces the price is an issue narrative. Those who say it isn't are applying Premier league thinking saying price doesn't matter if we are doing well they come.

Maybe but in this division they don't they pick and choose until perhaps the run in if we are still thereabouts. Always been the same when we've spent years bumbling along in the second tier.

Now if only we'd had a sensible enough ST policy that retained more of the 10 k we used to have not long ago..

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Some 3k home fans down on the Preston game given the prices were higher too for that game?

Just hope those fans come back over Xmas.

Yesterdays game is traditionally one of the worst attended games of the season, with it being the last Saturday shopping day before Christmas, the attendance was very good in my opinion taking everything into consideration.

Make no mistake, if we keep up the current run of form and give the fans something to get behind we'll see attendances increasing significantly week on week and the already superb away support will be off the scale.

I'd expect us to sell out at Hull in normal times, but with Covid running wild across the country that could be severely impacted and maybe even cancelled.

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

As you all definitely know, I have plenty of views on all things attendances.

But you really can’t use yesterday as a barometer of anything with everything that’s gone on over the past week.

I was pleasently surprised by the size of the crowd that turned up yesterday. If you say just over a thousand from Brum, 8 thousand season ticket holders, it still leaves 3 thousand walk ons. It shows what a winning team can attract.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

One thing that has improved massively is the vocal support.

It's markedly different now than what it was at the start of the season. A bland experience has turned into an exciting one.

All down to what's happening on the pitch, of course.

It's been said many times about the atmosphere at away games but more recently it's been really good. I have noticed several groups of teenagers who sing pretty much all through the games and they have some original songs too. It seems that these groups have got together for home games now and are doing great things to make Ewood a better place on match days. Clearly winning games helps but the atmosphere is important to the overall match experience.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I was pleasently surprised by the size of the crowd that turned up yesterday. If you say just over a thousand from Brum, 8 thousand season ticket holders, it still leaves 3 thousand walk ons. It shows what a winning team can attract.

And after a game like that, they'll be back!

• Like 1

I'm really keen to fly up to England in May in the hope that we do end up in the playoffs or automatic promotion places by the end of the season. After 16+ years of supporting the club I've still not been to Ewood and think now may be the perfect time to go. With the latest increased cases of Omicron though, I have no idea if it will still be possible, but really hoping it will be oaky.

Would really appreciate any suggestions people would have about coming to Blackburn. I'm not sure how to plan for the trip tbh given how unpredictable it's going to be where we end up at the end of the season. 

• 30th April for the game against Bournemouth - which may end up being the decider for automatic promotion?
  • Mid-to-late May for the semi-final/final games - if we end up in the playoff spots (which seems more likely)

Of course, we may just end up dropping off completely in which case I would be there for a dead rubber game!

• Like 1

What makes me laugh is that Waggott said in the last fans forum that we couldn't do a ticket deal for the 3 Christmas fixtures as the EFL didn't like them and it was unfair on away fans paying full price etc.

Yet Ipswich have done exactly that, and had just under 30k on against Sunderland.

Why can they do it and we can't? Why do Ipswich want a full stadium and Rovers don't?

Strange to me.

• Like 2

Personally I wouldn’t do multi game bundles either, not because I’m anti-offers, I’m pro anything to fill empty seats, but they have been repeatedly proven not to work here. Usually struggle to sell even a few hundred of them. As the walk-on presumably doesn’t want to commit to a few games, especially if midweek fixtures are involved.

For me, it would’ve been a £15 anywhere in the ground offer for Hudds and try to pack the place (all moot now, of course, for more ways than one). 

• Like 2

If it was in September I would be inclined to agree.

I think a 3 game bundle over Christmas though, when a lot of folk would be back in the area for Christmas, people maybe finished work for a couple of weeks, no worrying about schools so can take the kids the midweek one etc.

Especially with the team flying so high I think it would have been worth considering.

Think Ipswich have done £15 each or all three for £40.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

For me, it would’ve been a £15 anywhere in the ground offer for Hudds and try to pack the place (all moot now, of course, for more ways than one). 

It's all about maximising £££££s with Waggott.If the above had been done we very well would have been looking at 20k+.

Nobody at the Club listening.

23 hours ago, Miker said:

I'm really keen to fly up to England in May in the hope that we do end up in the playoffs or automatic promotion places by the end of the season. After 16+ years of supporting the club I've still not been to Ewood and think now may be the perfect time to go. With the latest increased cases of Omicron though, I have no idea if it will still be possible, but really hoping it will be oaky.

Would really appreciate any suggestions people would have about coming to Blackburn. I'm not sure how to plan for the trip tbh given how unpredictable it's going to be where we end up at the end of the season. 

• 30th April for the game against Bournemouth - which may end up being the decider for automatic promotion?
  • Mid-to-late May for the semi-final/final games - if we end up in the playoff spots (which seems more likely)

Of course, we may just end up dropping off completely in which case I would be there for a dead rubber game!

Always travel either Christmas or Easter from a long way away. So Easter with Peterborough Away/ Stoke at home then Preston Away would be best. You will need a friend or good contact to get the Away tickets though this Season(hopefully).

The other great few dates are March 11th  to 16th with 2 home games. Fly back from London and take in Reading away!!

Whats the variant after Omichron?