BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

3 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Thinking this through from my own perspective....

Myself and my daughter have season tickets. Occasionally, a friend or two may come along, for whom I purchase tickets online and get them posted home. It's then a case of handing over the paper tickets on the day. Easy peasy.

In the new world, I'll now have to either print the tickets myself (a no go as I don't have a printer - who does these days???) or somehow download the digital tickets onto my phone and transfer them over to friends' phones so they can then swipe at the turnstile.

They've turned something simple into something complicated.

As is life with everything now it seems but you'd think a smaller fan friendly club that desperately needs all the support it can get, new, old, casual, would still be able to provide a more hands on service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I've arrived at the point where I think the people running the club (Waggott) would be quite happy to see people go elsewhere.

As long as he can justify his decisions to his bosses in India and keep himself on the gravy train until retirement day I don't think he gives a stuff about fan experience or getting numbers up.

If this latest scheme puts a few more off going who cares? At least it avoids him having to do anything down there to address queues and if he's really lucky he might be able to mothball the ticket office altogether.

Well since promotion from league 1 he's managed to create a year on year decline in ST sales and home crowds in general. Only this season has that trend been bucked but we still aren't back to pre Coyle respectable numbers.

During that time he'll have earned over a million pounds in salary plus benefits etc.

Real food for thought.

• Like 1

Only bucked with strong half ST sales. Last summer saw the worst sales in 30+ years.

Every chance many of those half ST holders jump straight back out of the tent in the summer with the way things have gone post January, and no doubt a piss poor offer being prepared for next season…

30 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Season ticket update: Bolton now past 10,000 sales with early bird prices of less than £250 still running.

Good job we're in the fortunate position of not needing to sell them.

Bolton's early bird season tickets are perfectly priced with the current squeeze on finances ,  £219 for the cheapest seats behind the net and up to £299 for the top tiers. We should follow their lead and price around the same, or slightly higher as we are playing at a higher level.

• Like 2

A division higher but unlike them we'll probably be selling another star striker - 2nd season on the trot - for 15 million plus.

So there should be a bit of wiggle room in the finances and a need to pacify fans because - for the 2nd season on the trot - he won't be replaced.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Another half baked scheme. The whole point about ordering on line during the week and collecting from the window at the club shop  on a Saturday was to avoid long queues at the ticket office. Generally at the window there was not offen a long queue. Now the queues to buy on the day can be expected to be longer. If you have no printer and a mobile phone that doesn't do qr codes you can't get your ticket till the Saturday and end up with a poorer seat away from the goal in the Blackburn end. How does this improve the supporters experience. Why bring this in now or are they so struggling for match day staff? Serious considering calling it a day and watching Chorley and Bamber Bridge!

swag has most likely figured he can lay off a couple of staff and save the club a negligable few quid,he does`nt really live in reality though,he only sees in pound notes,typical middle manager,tbh,id`e round up every one of them in the country and intern them,they are the bane of society,i bet swag started off as an errand boy who used to make the tea and post letters,gradually he a**e licked his way into promotion and has been a**r licking every since,iv`e seen hundreds of the cockroaches climb the ladder that way(apologies to any middle manager who is actually useful)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

swag has most likely figured he can lay off a couple of staff and save the club a negligable few quid,he does`nt really live in reality though,he only sees in pound notes,typical middle manager,tbh,id`e round up every one of them in the country and intern them,they are the bane of society,i bet swag started off as an errand boy who used to make the tea and post letters,gradually he a**e licked his way into promotion and has been a**r licking every since,iv`e seen hundreds of the cockroaches climb the ladder that way(apologies to any middle manager who is actually useful)

If you have to justify your own existence then you probably shouldn't exist. 

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

So now we are wanting to be like Bolton...

I thought "We dont want to end up like Bolton" and that's why we have to accept our owners ad infinitum ?

Yeah but Bolton and Wigan got new owners, even though there's nobody in the world interested in buying North West town clubs with 'small' crowds, which is why we have to be ever so grateful for the Venky benevolence.

Look at Bury FFS!!

• Like 6

Don't worry there;s always Sunderland, Ipswich, Pompey and Sheff Weds to fall back on for the scaremongerers. 

Also it's interesting that it could be Coventry who all but kill us off in the top 6 this weekend. 

21 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Thinking this through from my own perspective....

Myself and my daughter have season tickets. Occasionally, a friend or two may come along, for whom I purchase tickets online and get them posted home. It's then a case of handing over the paper tickets on the day. Easy peasy.

In the new world, I'll now have to either print the tickets myself (a no go as I don't have a printer - who does these days???) or somehow download the digital tickets onto my phone and transfer them over to friends' phones so they can then swipe at the turnstile.

They've turned something simple into something complicated.

I also do this, but its MUCH easier then what you think it is. Indeed I did this for the game vs Bristol City.

Simply forward the email you receive and the recipient can open it on their own phone. Easy peasy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigUts said:

I also do this, but its MUCH easier then what you think it is. Indeed I did this for the game vs Bristol City.

Simply forward the email you receive and the recipient can open it on their own phone. Easy peasy!

And what happens if said friend does not have a mobile phone? Not so easy peasy then.

So the way to select your ticket in advance now seems to be go on line see what's available then ring the ticket office if you can get through. Ask them for the seat you have spotted if still available. Pay over the phone and ask to collect from the window on match day. This is progress!

• Like 3

From a personal perspective, i have a season ticket as do my two kids, neither really want to go they are 3 and 6, and only go because i want to go. I haven't been since Huddersfield at home, due to games being moved we don't live that locally to Blackburn anymore so midweek games are out. I've lost all enthusiasm for going so its unlikely i will renew or next for me or the kids. Its not even Mowbray its the completely soulless experience with crap prices for food and merchandise. Since i haven't been i haven't missed going at all, i find myself detached from the club and goings on. I think its my subconscious preparing myself for another shambolic summer and another HSH scrap heap manager coming in, Tony Pulis's blue and white army...............

• Like 3

15 hours ago, JHRover said:

Yeah but Bolton and Wigan got new owners, even though there's nobody in the world interested in buying North West town clubs with 'small' crowds, which is why we have to be ever so grateful for the Venky benevolence.

Look at Bury FFS!!

Also, not forgetting Blackpool, another north west town club, who rid themselves of the Oyston family by supporters properly demonstrating and boycotting their club. It can be done.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

From a personal perspective, i have a season ticket as do my two kids, neither really want to go they are 3 and 6, and only go because i want to go. I haven't been since Huddersfield at home, due to games being moved we don't live that locally to Blackburn anymore so midweek games are out. I've lost all enthusiasm for going so its unlikely i will renew or next for me or the kids. Its not even Mowbray its the completely soulless experience with crap prices for food and merchandise. Since i haven't been i haven't missed going at all, i find myself detached from the club and goings on. I think its my subconscious preparing myself for another shambolic summer and another HSH scrap heap manager coming in, Tony Pulis's blue and white army...............

Are you going to watch Bury next season?

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Are you going to watch Bury next season?

Depends if they get back to gigg lane as an entity linked to the original club and not AFC bury, the bottom tier has ticket maximum price of 7 quid, I used to enjoy going 7/8 times a season before they got kicked out of the league ( when rovers were away ). So i am not sure is the honest answer suspect i'll take a few games in and see if it re ignites any passion for watching football. 

• Like 1

Bolton now at 11,000. Looks like there's a rush on to secure seats at early bird prices of £219 to £289 before the deadline tomorrow.

That's at least 11,000 signed up, committed, cash paid for a League One campaign before the end of March.

Meanwhile at Ewood we've had some nonsensical babble from Waggott about 'inflationary pressures' preventing us selling tickets and rumours of an announcement at some point in April.

If its anything like previous years it will be June, £400+ with no proper early bird discount or period 

This would be all well and good if it wasn't obliterating our support base. The numbers however suggest it is. 8000 last year and will that be beaten this with another season of Mowbray and dull transfer business?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rogerb said:

So the way to select your ticket in advance now seems to be go on line see what's available then ring the ticket office if you can get through. Ask them for the seat you have spotted if still available. Pay over the phone and ask to collect from the window on match day. This is progress!

Well people are always lamenting about how great 1995 was......

It will just be more of the same

Prices will go up. Sales go down.

Only three ways of increasing sales by any significant number:

Lower the price

Have them on sale for longer 

capitalise on a feel good factor or ambition 

Some dismal promotional strap line, accusations of 'not being a real fan' if you don't renew.

Same management team, same transfer approach, same hard luck excuses, FFP etc.

Wait until play offs long gone and people disappointed before starting selling.

26 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i dare not think about the season ticket sales if mowbray gets a new contract,it could possibly be the lowest in our history😰

If Mowbray is still here next season they will get what they deserve

• Like 4

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i dare not think about the season ticket sales if mowbray gets a new contract,it could possibly be the lowest in our history😰

The amount of good players who'll leave one way or another in summer won't help.

All this building the team, club, journey stuff will be proven to be a load of old bluster again when guys like Hedges are being brought in to replace them.

Tony will be hailed ( mostly by himself) as the messiah again keeping us in midtable.