BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

Fantastic result for Wolves tonight, but I have to say United look awful. It's going to take a major overhaul to turn them into title contenders anytime soon. A squad full of overrated players and mercenaries who aren't bothered if they win or lose.

Mourinho wasn't joking when he said getting this lot (most of them anyway) to finish 2nd was among his best achievements.

The centre of the park has been a problem for them for a while but every summer window goes by without them really addressing it. Solskjaer refused to budge from Fred and McTominay and now the new man looks to be doing the same (although Matic played tonight). Why is Donny Van de Beek not getting a look in? Swag, get on the blower and ask the question. That's our new Berkovic loan move.

In all seriousness though, I'm loving what's happening and the United forums/YouTube channels make for great viewing right now 😂.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roverandout said:

He has 3 goals and a few assists for England.  What more do u want from a wide player

Given the level of the opposition most of the time statistics like that can be misleading. Most top players can look good against the likes of Transylvania and Treasure Island. I can honestly say I don’t what all the fuss is about, he looks very ordinary to me.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

He has played quite a bit and has been consistently rubbish to be fair. I didn't realise how slow he was.

I've not seen anything so far in him to justify the fee paid. He was well hyped whilst in Germany, and I don't think that Man U's owners are necessarily that bothered about winning trophies so they paid the money. They like advertising deals, marketing opportunities, and lucrative sponsorships. 

Man U are bereft of cohesion. I would not have signed Ronaldo even with all his talent. They need a central midfield and have done for years. Maguire, the captain, plays much better for England than Man U. Varane is another shiny object who hasn't shown much. Wan-Bissaka is solid but doesn't have the attacking prowess top full backs now offer. Fernandes spends his time moping. 

Why they signed van de Beek is a complete mystery too.

Arsenal waited too long to replace Wenger. Ferguson was going to retire once but said no and came back for a few years. I wonder if he'd have gone the first time they'd have been in a better spot. I doubt it as Ferguson was special, but they may be further down the road to recovery.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The thing is, its not as if without him, they have the personnel to play high intensity pressing football, they didnt before he joined. Rashford has always been fairly petulant and inconsistent, Martial the same although he has now been jettisoned, Sancho looks from the same mould, Greenwood has fizzled to similar, Fernandes is hardly high intensity, Pogba is currently out but as lazy as anyone, the list goes on.

I think because its Ronaldo, he takes the headlines good or bad and I have no doubt that he is not at the peak of his powers, but others are hiding behind him and not pulling their weight themselves. Without his goals, they would really be struggling.

Did United need Ronaldo as striker? No they didn't at all. United have a team of sulkers and lack a proper team spirit. They signed for commercial and sponsorship reasons. Signing Ronaldo as a player for on the pitch reasons was massive mistake imo as United have needed a creative centre midfielder. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He has played quite a bit and has been consistently rubbish to be fair. I didn't realise how slow he was.

Sancho needs a proper run in the team in his correct position and use his strengths to the team. When you paying that sort of money you hope that manager has a plan how to use him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I've not seen anything so far in him to justify the fee paid. He was well hyped whilst in Germany, and I don't think that Man U's owners are necessarily that bothered about winning trophies so they paid the money. They like advertising deals, marketing opportunities, and lucrative sponsorships. 

Man U are bereft of cohesion. I would not have signed Ronaldo even with all his talent. They need a central midfield and have done for years. Maguire, the captain, plays much better for England than Man U. Varane is another shiny object who hasn't shown much. Wan-Bissaka is solid but doesn't have the attacking prowess top full backs now offer. Fernandes spends his time moping. 

Why they signed van de Beek is a complete mystery too.

Arsenal waited too long to replace Wenger. Ferguson was going to retire once but said no and came back for a few years. I wonder if he'd have gone the first time they'd have been in a better spot. I doubt it as Ferguson was special, but they may be further down the road to recovery.

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did United need Ronaldo as striker? No they didn't at all. United have a team of sulkers and lack a proper team spirit. They signed for commercial and sponsorship reasons. Signing Ronaldo as a player for on the pitch reasons was massive mistake imo as United have needed a creative centre midfielder. 

Sancho needs a proper run in the team in his correct position and use his strengths to the team. When you paying that sort of money you hope that manager has a plan how to use him. 

In spite of outperforming all of his attacking counterparts, Ronaldo seems to have become somewhat of a scapegoat and the other 

Was he a wise signing or part of a plan? Perhaps not but for some reason, it is implied that prior to his arrival, that all of these other players were performing and grafting and Ronaldo has upset the applecart. Prior to Ronaldo, they relied heavily on Fernandes to get the out of the shit whilst the likes of Rashford, Martial, Greenwood etc offered zilch.

Sancho has played basically every game he has featured in from a wide role, and has looked awful, he looks slow, he looks overweight, he lacks urgency, he isnt scoring or assisting and his decision making is terrible as summed up by not slipping Ronaldo in in the first half. What are his strengths as none are on show? Why does he get excuses whereas Ronaldo who is massively outperforming him get all the blame? Why is the sole focus on what Ronaldo does?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In spite of outperforming all of his attacking counterparts, Ronaldo seems to have become somewhat of a scapegoat

Scapegoat? 

No but did they need another striker? No they have more than enough. 

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Was he a wise signing or part of a plan?

He wasn't even a target until Ronaldo wanted to leave Juventus a week before the transfer window shut. He wad signed for commercial reasons. 

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sancho has played basically every game he has featured in from a wide role, and has looked awful, he looks slow, he looks overweight, he lacks urgency, he isnt scoring or assisting and his decision making is terrible as summed up by not slipping Ronaldo in in the first half. What are his strengths as none are on show? Why does he get excuses whereas Ronaldo who is massively outperforming him get all the blame? Why is the sole focus on what Ronaldo does?

Has Sancho been played to his strengths? Clearly not. 

Ronaldo is a striker not a winger like Sancho so surely should be over performing him and given that's the team is set up for Ronaldo he should. 

The best thing United could do in the summer is get rid of Ronaldo and appoint a right manager for the plan going forward 

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Scapegoat? 

No but did they need another striker? No they have more than enough. 

He wasn't even a target until Ronaldo wanted to leave Juventus a week before the transfer window shut. He wad signed for commercial reasons. 

Has Sancho been played to his strengths? Clearly not. 

Ronaldo is a striker not a winger like Sancho so surely should be over performing him and given that's the team is set up for Ronaldo he should. 

The best thing United could do in the summer is get rid of Ronaldo and appoint a right manager for the plan going forward 

You are going round in circles. Sancho has basically exclusively played wide, why so many excuses? What are his strengths?

They dont have any strikers as good as Ronaldo, or ones who will score as many goals. By you and others he is being seen as some sort of liability, with the other underperformers going under the radar or getting excuses. Sancho has been crap.

56 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In spite of outperforming all of his attacking counterparts, Ronaldo seems to have become somewhat of a scapegoat and the other 

Was he a wise signing or part of a plan? Perhaps not but for some reason, it is implied that prior to his arrival, that all of these other players were performing and grafting and Ronaldo has upset the applecart. Prior to Ronaldo, they relied heavily on Fernandes to get the out of the shit whilst the likes of Rashford, Martial, Greenwood etc offered zilch.

I'm not using Ronaldo as a scapegoat. As you said; Man U were crap before he got there and without his goals they'd be out of the Champions League and a few spots lower down in the Prem.

I question the haphazard, knee-jerk, short term one-upmanship perception of it. Signing him ran contrary to what they need and won't help them long term. City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea (mostly) sign younger players who they hope will give 5-10 good years. Ronaldo already gave Man U that prior to him going to Madrid. His return was hailed as the final piece of the league winning puzzle when it was not. They already had an aging superstar striker in Cavani who scored a few. 20 year old Greenwood who, if managed correctly, has sky high potential. Injury free Rashford isn't getting a look in in what I think is his best position because Ronaldo is in front of him. 

Ronaldo is a continuation of the slapdash way Man U is being run and has been since Ferguson retired. They would rather sign fanboy favourites with established revenue generating streams than players who they can mould a team with.

I don't feel an ounce bad at all for their fans or the club. They lived it up for years. Watching them burn through money and playing mediocre football is sadistically satisfying.

I've no arguments with you on Sancho. He's been a disappointment, not that I knew much of him before this season but he doesn't look anything like a top tier player. He should have stayed at Dortmund for another year or 2.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You are going round in circles. Sancho has basically exclusively played wide, why so many excuses? What are his strengths?

They dont have any strikers as good as Ronaldo, or ones who will score as many goals. By you and others he is being seen as some sort of liability, with the other underperformers going under the radar or getting excuses. Sancho has been crap.

We have agree to disagree on Sancho and how they should play. 

United didnt need a Ronaldo. They need a creative midfielder not over paid sulker Striker. They had enough quality Strikers to score goals as season 20/21 shown when they were second top scorers in the league 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Coutinho joins Villa on loan for rest of the season.Quality player.

Surprised there wasnt interest from higher placed teams than Newcastle in Trippier.£12 million for a man of his quality and experience is a bargain.

It's only a bargain, if you have that money to spare and the player is one that you need. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Coutinho joins Villa on loan for rest of the season.Quality player.

Surprised there wasnt interest from higher placed teams than Newcastle in Trippier.£12 million for a man of his quality and experience is a bargain.

2 quality signings there..

No surprised Coutinho gone Villa. Knows Gerrard 

Tripper is a quality right back who will only improve them. 

29 minutes ago, rigger said:

It's only a bargain, if you have that money to spare and the player is one that you need. 

Manchester United should have been all over that deal.

Trippier has been playing at the highest level for Athletico Madrid and just find it very surprising he has joined a club currently 2nd bottom in the Premier league.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Odd move from trippier, why go from la liga winners to a relegation scrap. Can't see Newcastle doing enough to stay up this season so it's a pointless relegation to get on your CV. 

God I hope they go down

It depends who else they bring in but with Watford dropping like a stone it will probably end up between Newcastle and the Dingles for that last remaining spot.

As much as id Laugh seeing Newcastle relegated id prefer it to be Burnley

• Like 2