BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

An interesting signing. 

Newcastle get a 1 goal in 3 game top flight striker who can lead the line and cause a bit of of bother. 

Or they paid £20m in an attempt to secure Burnley's relegation. 

I don't know if the signing will make Newcastle better, or even make Burnley worse. It's hard to tell.

Awesome news Wood leaving the Dungles 😂👍 bye bye Premier league hello chumpionship, smart move by Howe.

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

Wood on his way to Newcastle for a medical.£20 million.

Far too much to pay imo for Wood

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Could backfire though, Cornet has been a great addition, potentially gives Dyche another chance to bring a game changer in 

Wood has been a big part of Dyche's plan in PL. 

Not sure how much he will get of the money. Or they plan signings for the Championship 

On 08/01/2022 at 15:27, RevidgeBlue said:

He's done well for them in the past but most managers have a shelf life and there has to be a limit surely? 

One win by January doesn't cut it. There seems to be a suggestion in that thread  that Dyche has allowed the squad to become old and past it and that his tactics are now outdated by PL standards.

Looking in from the outside it would seem to be at least equally the fault of the previous owners for failing to give Dyche sensible financial backing. 

I'd be interested to know what my old mate Chris (Longsiders) thinks.

On 08/01/2022 at 23:52, jim mk2 said:

Feel sorry for Dyche, excellent manager who's done a fine job at Burnley and who I'd welcome at Ewood if he gets fed up at the Turf. 

I've no issue with Dyche at all and wouldn't want him to go, even if we go down. He needs board backing now - only then if he fails can his position be in question for me. But even that is too little to late, he hasn't been backed properly in 3/4 years and we are reaping our "rewards" for this.

On 08/01/2022 at 23:58, El Tombro said:

Key players coming out of contract in summer. Plunged into £90m of debt overnight with their healthy £55m in the bank completely wiped out. Owned by a set of owners who stumped up just £15m of their own money to buy the club, making up the rest with borrowed money and a leverage, with a side of utter corporate bullshit talk to keep the supporters onside (time will call Pace out on the latter and, in fact, the former). Relegation looking increasingly likely. Take your pick, and that's not even taking into consideration any on-the-pitch matters.

Don't think Dyche would walk away from three years' worth of Premier League management wages unless he had another lucrative contract to walk into.

Debt is only a problem if you can't afford it - and right now we can, easily. Relegated and it undountedly becomes a problem. Agree its been a mistake of the previous owners to allow the squad to age and contracts run out but Mee and Tarky aside none of them are that great - but it makes for a big rebuild regardless of relegation. Actually it might clear out a few big contracts if we do go do. Not sure if your mate goes on the games much but most people I know are behind the team, manager and new board SO FAR!

18 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

😆😆😆 newcastle have infinite funds,they end up with eddie howe,kieran trippier and chris wood

Made me laugh that - everyone a "Burnley reject" 

(to be clear, I'm say reject for comedic impact, I rate Trippier highly and Wood still has a lot to offer)

16 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The only way we will not play Burnley next season is if we get promoted.

Dingles are doomed.

It ain't over until the fat lady sings 😁

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

It ain't over until the fat lady sings 😁

I will be sorry when she does.

Selling your main striker mid season never ends well. 

A Rovers fan of my years knows that to their cost and we may just do that madness again quite soon.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Appointments shouldn't be made for sentimental reasons.

If Rooney was to be appointed, it should be purely on merit based on his management at Derby, which is impressive but perhaps not enough evidence, not because of who he is.

Everton fans and players need a spark from someone. 

They have spent loads of money under this owners but no better off IMO. I do wonder what his plan is and would he make another change

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Everton fans and players need a spark from someone. 

They have spent loads of money under this owners but no better off IMO. I do wonder what his plan is and would he make another change

The best spark is the best manager possible getting the best results possible because winning football matches provides the biggest and longest lasting "spark."

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The best spark is the best manager possible getting the best results possible because winning football matches provides the biggest and longest lasting "spark."

a good appointment and someone who the fans can get behind can create that spark from day 1. Benitez hasn't and can't cos of his Liverpool connects there

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They should have stuck with Big Sam. How many managers have they had since they fired him ?

yesterday man. Fans get bored of him very quickly and plenty did at Everton

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

a good appointment and someone who the fans can get behind can create that spark from day 1. Benitez hasn't and can't cos of his Liverpool connects there

yesterday man. Fans get bored of him very quickly and plenty did at Everton

The main reason consciously or otherwise is because their results this season have been dismal. Had they done really well they wouldnt care about the Liverpool connections.

• Like 1