BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

22 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Teams like us and Burnley eventually have a season when they get caught out.  It was / is just a matter of time before they get relegated.  

There's little joy in this scenario.

Keeping Dyche will then be the issue.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They had a very good run at it and will be well placed to bounce back with their squad , particularly if they keep Dyche 

Pre the sale I would have agreed. We had cash in the bank and parachute payments we could use. Not so much the case now. 10 players (I think) out of contract. Many are older but it would still be a big rebuild, Keeping Dyche would for me be vital, we have some decent defenders but would surely lose:

Tarkowski and Mee who are out of contract - and Tarky has already more or less said he's off even if we stay up. Mee will only stay if we stay up I think

Weghorst, Cornet, McNeill because they will get offers at top flight clubs, here and abroad. I'd be surprised if no one came in for Taylor and possibly Pope - though his poor distribution may make him less sought after.

Leaves us with potentially Pope, Roberts, Collins, Pieters, Brownhill, Westwood, Barnes - basically we are talking at least 1 starting centre half, 2 starting wide players or centre mids and one or two starting strikers if we go down. I don't think we will be bouncing back anywhere.

6 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Pre the sale I would have agreed. We had cash in the bank and parachute payments we could use. Not so much the case now. 10 players (I think) out of contract. Many are older but it would still be a big rebuild, Keeping Dyche would for me be vital, we have some decent defenders but would surely lose:

Tarkowski and Mee who are out of contract - and Tarky has already more or less said he's off even if we stay up. Mee will only stay if we stay up I think

Weghorst, Cornet, McNeill because they will get offers at top flight clubs, here and abroad. I'd be surprised if no one came in for Taylor and possibly Pope - though his poor distribution may make him less sought after.

Leaves us with potentially Pope, Roberts, Collins, Pieters, Brownhill, Westwood, Barnes - basically we are talking at least 1 starting centre half, 2 starting wide players or centre mids and one or two starting strikers if we go down. I don't think we will be bouncing back anywhere.

Ye will have a big budget for wages though

Thats crazy so many are out of contract and people think Rovers are particularly bad and unique in that regard....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ye will have a big budget for wages though

Thats crazy so many are out of contract and people think Rovers are particularly bad and unique in that regard....

That is a good point - and if McNeil, Weghorst, Corney leave we will get decent money in. 

The contract thing really is a result of the previous owners not investing in the squad for 3 or 4 years, the ones out of contract are largely not a great loss and Tarkowski made it clear he wouldn't sign a new one and we decided to allow his contract to run down. But the failure to bring new blood in each season, and I don't mean world beaters, just younger players who can do a job, means we are where we are, heading to the Championship and now with a big debt hung around our necks and a very threadbare squad.

If we stay up the job is arguably even bigger because even though we have more income to rely on we also would be looking at bigger fees and wages. Assuming you don't go up I will not be relishing the derby days at all.

11 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

That is a good point - and if McNeil, Weghorst, Corney leave we will get decent money in. 

The contract thing really is a result of the previous owners not investing in the squad for 3 or 4 years, the ones out of contract are largely not a great loss and Tarkowski made it clear he wouldn't sign a new one and we decided to allow his contract to run down. But the failure to bring new blood in each season, and I don't mean world beaters, just younger players who can do a job, means we are where we are, heading to the Championship and now with a big debt hung around our necks and a very threadbare squad.

If we stay up the job is arguably even bigger because even though we have more income to rely on we also would be looking at bigger fees and wages. Assuming you don't go up I will not be relishing the derby days at all.

Came up in another thread about Jeff Hendrick. A poster said QPR got a good signing there, I disagreed. Whats your view on him? 

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Came up in another thread about Jeff Hendrick. A poster said QPR got a good signing there, I disagreed. Whats your view on him? 

Hit and miss, didn’t have enough good games for us but couldn’t question his effort. Premier League maybe half a level too high, one of those real top championship players but not quite enough at the level above maybe. Not sure how old he is now but I think they’ve got a decent player if he’s maintained fitness etc - but hardly a world beater.

41 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Hit and miss, didn’t have enough good games for us but couldn’t question his effort. Premier League maybe half a level too high, one of those real top championship players but not quite enough at the level above maybe. Not sure how old he is now but I think they’ve got a decent player if he’s maintained fitness etc - but hardly a world beater.

Interesting. I certainly haven't even seen that for Ireland, but yet he's always in the team 

5 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

When you played Moan u at Home they said you had 10 out of contract and 14 over 30. That could be some rebuilding and gelling next season.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2022 at 23:53, islander200 said:

Lampard has gambled his season getting a tune out of Dele Alli and Van Der Beek

Van Der Beek had a great game last week where he was outstanding for them. 

Lampard is an excellent appointment for them. Fans have took to him already. 

On 14/02/2022 at 13:44, longsiders1882 said:

arkowski and Mee who are out of contract - and Tarky has already more or less said he's off even if we stay up. Mee will only stay if we stay up I think

If you go down you have a huge rebuilding to do whether Dyche stays or not. you need another 8 to 10 signings next summer if you go down, do you agree?

You got any talent young players coming through? 

8 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Burnley 2 up at Brighton

On the face of it that’s disappointing, but if Brighton did manage to sneak a point with a second half comeback that would pretty much seal Burnley’s fate. They’ve been poor at hanging on to leads this season, albeit today’s is a 2 goal cushion. 

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

On the face of it that’s disappointing, but if Brighton did manage to sneak a point with a second half comeback that would pretty much seal Burnley’s fate. They’ve been poor at hanging on to leads this season, albeit today’s is a 2 goal cushion. 

Not to be today sorry 😀 

15 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

How shit must Brighton be?

12 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

They're in 9th place,i think it shows after the top 7 or 8 teams the rest of the Prem are all just as bad as each other.

Or just that we clicked today?  It is no easier today than it ever was. I know it might suit the narrative of some to believe otherwise but look at the evidence, most promoted teams don’t prosper.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not to be today sorry 😀 

Or just that we clicked today?  It is no easier today than it ever was. I know it might suit the narrative of some to believe otherwise but look at the evidence, most promoted teams don’t prosper.

Great result Longers, no doubt about it. Decent for Watford and to a lesser extent Toon as well. You need to follow that up with a home win now. 

5 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Great result Longers, no doubt about it. Decent for Watford and to a lesser extent Toon as well. You need to follow that up with a home win now. 

We need to follow up with quite a few wins. Would have been nice if Watford had lost but hey ho. 

Still keeps me hoping another few weeks.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Lampard is an extremely risky appointment given the position Everton are in. Risky on both sides really - Everton gambling their future on a relative novice, and Lampard with the very real possibility of having relegated Everton on his CV. 

• Like 1