BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

As nice as it would be to see Burnley finish in the bottom 3, I think they will do enough to survive. They have some decent games coming up and could go on a little run now. Their defensive solidity looks to be returning at a key point in the season.

The Leicester and Southampton games look like home bankers to me. Leicester are in disarray, their defence looks dodgy and there's a bit of unrest around Rodgers. Southampton are hot and cold. I don't think they or Leicester will fancy it at Burnley. They're all big games when in a relegation fight, but that Brentford game looks pretty big right now.

I won't be getting any of your players in my FPL team though, Longsiders. It doesn't matter however many double game weeks you have coming up 😁.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Not sufficient evidence of a handball is the official statement from VAR. What a nonsense

Any human on the planet with a single working brain cell knows that was a deliberate handball, not even accidental.

VAR exonerate VAR, well I never would have thought that ......

I think I'm so angry about this one because it is so blatant cheating/corruption by those running games.

And that there is no way they can be accountable. They just get away with it and think we are bloody idiots.

This was not incompetence, IMHO.

What a sorry state of affairs for the great game of football.

Lampard: "I have a three-year-old daughter at home who could tell you that was a penalty."

Edited by AllRoverAsia

I thought Everton were very good against City and they should have you should press and chase them in possession. 

On Leeds and the probably change of manager, I think its been coming for weeks. Bielsa looks very angry and frustrated on the touch line. Plus the players looked shattered after 70 mins now. Also Bielsa has in recent weeks make have made half time changes in several recent games  

15 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Absolutely mental that Everton didn't get a penalty. 

WTF is VAR for?? 

Just seen the incident on MOTD. As clear a handball as you’ll see. 

The relegation scrap getting interesting. I have to say for me it’s 3 from Norwich, Watford, Us, Leeds and Brentford. I just think Everton’s quality will tell and Newcastle have created space from the bottom and have real momentum behind them.

9 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

The relegation scrap getting interesting. I have to say for me it’s 3 from Norwich, Watford, Us, Leeds and Brentford. I just think Everton’s quality will tell and Newcastle have created space from the bottom and have real momentum behind them.

I am pretty sure that Newcastle will survive like you say. the back to back wins, have made a huge difference to the Claret's chances and I have a feeling the momentum, might just be starting. The next 2-3 will be big and the games left against the other contenders will be the real heart stoppers.

It was a big point yesterday too, which was looking unlikely early doors.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I agree, I think Newcastle and Everton have enough ability to steer clear. Leeds and Brentford are dropping but Ericsson may inspire Brentford to get out of the mire. If he can get proper match fit he’s definitely good enough. I see our old keeper David Raya was in good form for Brentford yesterday. They’ve missed him. Who are Leeds going to bring in ? Get that wrong and they’re gone. 

There’s a shop near me that does sporting memorabilia framing. I always have a look in the window. It’s mainly City, United and Liverpool over here.  Nobody else gets a look in. They put stuff in the window that’s waiting to be picked up. A couple of weeks ago there was a signed portrait of Bielsa. I wonder if that gets picked up now ?

A couple of years ago there was a Brazil shirt signed by Pele himself on display. Nice.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

46 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Everton and Newcastle United will get clear by their quality. 

Leeds will have a new manager in place by tomorrow.  

Brentford is the one dropping now.