BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Hope you escape longsiders and send third and fourth division clubs like Norwich, Watford and Brentford  back where they belong. 

Time to you move on with your mind set of clubs and where they should be

A Rovers fan hoping Burnley stay up? really?

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Hope you escape longsiders and send third and fourth division clubs like Norwich, Watford and Brentford  back where they belong. 

Back in the day Norwich we’re a pretty average second division team, Watford ditto in the third and Brentford in the fourth.

Rochdale have never been higher than the old third division but it’s amazing how many current Premier League teams I’ve seen playing there in the league. Some, like Wolves, Brentford, Brighton and Burnley in the old fourth.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Back in the day Norwich we’re a pretty average second division team, Watford ditto in the third and Brentford in the fourth.

Rochdale have never been higher than the old third division but it’s amazing how many current Premier League teams I’ve seen playing their in the league. Some, like Wolves, Brentford, Brighton and Burnley in the old fourth.

Man City

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Mee was a big miss, Tarkowski was not happy on the left of defence and this seemed to impact the whole left side and also Collins - who is still learning - so we shall see. I stand by my view, if we fail to win on Saturday then it is pretty much game over as we clearly don't have what we need to win the games to stay up. Win it and we fight on. It is our games against Brentford, Norwich, Watford, Everton and Newcastle that will really decide our fate, not the Chelsea's etc. No question it is a big ask.

What's the news with the injury to Mee? Clearly I don't see as much of him as you but he does appear to have a huge influence and seems to stabilise the team more than any other outfield player.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

What's the news with the injury to Mee? Clearly I don't see as much of him as you but he does appear to have a huge influence and seems to stabilise the team more than any other outfield player.

Let's hope it's nothing trivial !

33 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen City play at Rochdale in the league. When City were in the old third div Rochdale must have been in the fourth. I remember a pal of mine who was a City fan being gutted when they lost at home to Bury !

Pretty sure that was Macclesfield's only season in the old third division too when City were in there.

By the way I’ve seen Rovers play in the league at Rochdale and lose. The Monday morning afterwards at work was interesting.

That was in the old div 3.

Not to mention the League Cup semi final when they were an average 4 div side and we were flying high in div 1. We lost 3-1 ! ! School next day was also interesting. Rovers eh, so un predictable.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Time to you move on with your mind set of clubs and where they should be

A Rovers fan hoping Burnley stay up? really?

Minor southern clubs over Lancashire town teams. Really? 

Time for the great historic northern clubs such as Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Sunderland, Bolton, Preston, Rovers etc to regain confidence and get back and stay in the top league......that's "where they should be"

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

To each their own, but I’d sooner anyone stayed up over Burnley, regardless of where their stadium is, or what divisions people are familiar with them playing in!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Pretty sure that was Macclesfield's only season in the old third division too when City were in there.

It was. Speaking of Macclesfield they had just over four thousand on their game on Saturday and need two victories to become champions. Their game on against Congleton on March 26th has been switched to Gresty Road presumably to accommodate a big crowd although there was some trouble when the played at Moss Rose. Macclesfield have Neil Danns playing for them.

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It was. Speaking of Macclesfield they had just over four thousand on their game on Saturday and need two victories to become champions. Their game on against Congleton on March 26th has been switched to Gresty Road presumably to accommodate a big crowd although there was some trouble when the played at Moss Rose. Macclesfield have Neil Danns playing for them.

I live in Congleton, and went to the first game back in August. Kicked off behind the goal as they didn't think segregation would be needed. Problem was it was a sunny bank holiday Monday and a load of lads from Congleton who have no interest in the club went for a day on the ale and well, you can guess what happened next. Good to see Super Rob charging in to put out all the fires though.

The return game was never going to be played at Booth Street anyway as the ground can't cope with any big numbers or segregation, even if there wasn't trouble at the original. Macclesfield's last away game too so also a potential promotion/championship celebration factored in.

When Congleton were in the same league as FC United a few years ago they always moved the home game to Witton Albion for the same reason.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, arbitro said:

What league are Macc in now ?

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Mee will move to elsewhere to be PL squad player next season. 

Think it will be interesting summer recruitment for you and your club

We shall see - I doubt he will want to be a squad player. Maybe a promoted side would take him, bags of experience. If not maybe we can convicne him to stay, stranger things have happened. If we get relegated the outs and ins will be very interesting - - assuming we even keep the manager.

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Rochdale have never been higher than the old third division but it’s amazing how many current Premier League teams I’ve seen playing there in the league. Some, like Wolves, Brentford, Brighton and Burnley in the old fourth.

We played them more times than I care to remember ...

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

They are hopeful he will be back for the weekend. The manager has said its a bad knock rather than a strain etc, so its sore and has stopped him training but just "needs to settle down". He's not one of the soft ones of the modern game so it must be pretty sore to keep him out. He is a big influence, especially for the defence. I wouldn't want to have a run in without him if we can avoid it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Minor southern clubs over Lancashire town teams. Really? 

Time for the great historic northern clubs such as Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Sunderland, Bolton, Preston, Rovers etc to regain confidence and get back and stay in the top league......that's "where they should be"

I only mentioned 1 club Jim and that was those Dingles. It would be pleasure to see them go down to the Championship. 

@K-Hodyour comment above is exactly how I view the situation 

22 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

We shall see - I doubt he will want to be a squad player. Maybe a promoted side would take him, bags of experience. If not maybe we can convicne him to stay, stranger things have happened. If we get relegated the outs and ins will be very interesting - - assuming we even keep the manager.

Yes your summer Transfer business in and out will be very interesting to watch plus whether Dyche stays or not

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

To each their own, but I’d sooner anyone stayed up over Burnley, regardless of where their stadium is, or what divisions people are familiar with them playing in!

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I only mentioned 1 club Jim and that was those Dingles. It would be pleasure to see them go down to the Championship. 

@K-Hodyour comment above is exactly how I view the situation 

Always torn on this one because on the one hand I'd rather see you lot in Division 4 and well below us but on the other I miss the derbies and would rather be in a League With Rovers, PNE etc than Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

I definitely understand why you'd want us down though, it will soon be 12 years since you've beaten us and you'll want the chance to reset that clock as soon as possible 😉

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Always torn on this one because on the one hand I'd rather see you lot in Division 4 and well below us but on the other I miss the derbies and would rather be in a League With Rovers, PNE etc than Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

I definitely understand why you'd want us down though, it will soon be 12 years since you've beaten us and you'll want the chance to reset that clock as soon as possible 😉

I don't see Blackpool or Preston has derbies where has with the dingles I do. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't see Blackpool or Preston has derbies where has with the dingles I do. 

Bolton, Preston, Blackpool, Dingles...all traditional Lancashire derbies. Obviously the game against Bonleh is THE derby for most Rovers fans but I honestly can't understand why you would think North End wasn't also a local derby match??

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Bolton, Preston, Blackpool, Dingles...all traditional Lancashire derbies. Obviously the game against Bonleh is THE derby for most Rovers fans but I honestly can't understand why you would think North End wasn't also a local derby match??

Bolton isn't in Lancashire firstly. 

Preston and Blackpool aren't derbies to me. I have friends who support either club and none of us think of them as derbies. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bolton isn't in Lancashire firstly. 

Preston and Blackpool aren't derbies to me. I have friends who support either club and none of us think of them as derbies. 

The post said, Traditional Lancashire derbies. Therefore Bolton most certainly qualifies. I have memories of Manchester Rd that attest to this.

• Like 2