BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

6 hours ago, 47er said:

If so, there is an historic bridge across the Thames in the centre of London which I own. I would be happy to sell it to you for half its real cost as I need the money urgently to finance a new venture. Cash only mind!

That’s my bridge you’re trying to sell, the bloody cheek of it…..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I've had a think, apart from not selling anyone, the thing that will make the most impact is signing from somewhere a top right wing back.

I wonder if we could get a half season loan deal for somone to replace Poveda?

id go that youg portuguese kid that played/plays for reading.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Shame they can't find some land in blackburn itself, somwhere closer to the fans so they'd be far more part of the blackburn community. 

They play at Ewood that is part of the community it doen't really matter where they train.

Surely a part of attracting players is having a nice training ground / Academy in a nice fresh air setting. Also mentally they can concentrate on the job of training away from too many eyes and distractions.

Not sure a brownfield site shoved up Whitebirk is the same.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Shame they can't find some land more central in blackburn itself

At a guess maybe the driving force behind buying land in the Ribble Valley is not to build a academy on it, depending on the size of the "substantial" block , parts of it could also be sold off later for  a new housing development, better future return per sqm in the RV than in the BWD boundary providing all planning permission is acquired. Coupled with the current Academy land being freed up and the directors of Venkateshwara London Ltd seem to be all the VH finance guys  so probably crunched the numbers.

Edited by perthblue02

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

They play at Ewood that is part of the community it doen't really matter where they train.

Surely a part of attracting players is having a nice training ground / Academy in a nice fresh air setting. Also mentally they can concentrate on the job of training away from too many eyes and distractions.

Not sure a brownfield site shoved up Whitebirk is the same.

why can't you have a nice training ground in blackburn? 

Somwhere around whieberk or Shadsworth would actually be great for the communities around there, kids in deprived areas like those would really benefit from having something that gives them hope on their doorsteps. 

better than some boring retirement complex in the middle of dullsville. 

2 hours ago, Spartakfenni said:

Pleasington playing fields or Fenny rec!

Both community assets, used for football at all levels, cricket, equestrian and much more, what a strange suggestion. 

Edited by Gav

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

why can't you have a nice training ground in blackburn? 

Somwhere around whieberk or Shadsworth would actually be great for the communities around there, kids in deprived areas like those would really benefit from having something that gives them hope on their doorsteps. 

better than some boring retirement complex in the middle of dullsville. 

I don't think they need to build a professional football training complex there in order to give people hope. Something a little more in keeping with what people might actually need would be more the norm. Besides Ewood is about a ten min walk away for anybody who wants to go, a free bus on matchdays might be more suitable than a training complex they won't be allowed to go in.

Meanwhile leave the Rovers to train where they are there's no real need for any of this other than somebody in the middle trying to profit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Yeah he is quality, think it’s this guy. One of best players we came up against last year

D8023DB7-47A1-4116-9CC1-5168FB75C4B4.png

This is a great shout. Young player with exp in the championship. Perfect for the wingback and has great pontential for future resell.

doubt our transfer team are that clued in tho…

• Backroom

On the training ground sale and 'land in the Ribble Valley being bought': Might this 'land in the Ribble Valley' be adjacent to the lower site at Brockhall? I was sure I'd seen that land for sale at some point last year, maybe it still was until recently?

10 hours ago, JBiz said:

That consideration assumes that any sale of the club wouldn’t involve its current facilities.

It’s not exactly what I’d describe as “settling”.

If the club is ever going to be worth anything near what the owners paid / invested into it, they’d need at least 1 promotion and a steady season.

You place trust in people who have proven untrustworthy.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

I don't think they need to build a professional football training complex there in order to give people hope. Something a little more in keeping with what people might actually need would be more the norm. Besides Ewood is about a ten min walk away for anybody who wants to go, a free bus on matchdays might be more suitable than a training complex they won't be allowed to go in.

Meanwhile leave the Rovers to train where they are there's no real need for any of this other than somebody in the middle trying to profit.

"a 10 minute walk" from shad & whiteberk!? what are you talking about. it's the best part of an hours walk. 

20 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

"a 10 minute walk" from shad & whiteberk!? what are you talking about. it's the best part of an hours walk. 

It won't kill you.

Edited by tomphil

Venkys have invested nothing in improving facilities beyond the essential requirements of maintaining what we have and the requirements to comply with Category 1 academy status.

So if I'm supposed to believe that they are now taking such an interest to develop a BETTER training/academy facility than the one we already have - well I won't be doing.

If there's any truth in it I suspect it will be another downscale and corner cutting job motivated purely by the attraction of throwing up houses on Brockhall and the cash that comes with it.

And you don't sell your best player in January when in with a shot at promotion. Even if that means losing him for less in the summer (which we probably won't because the summer is a better time to sell) it is still worth it to have as good a shot as possible at promotion.

We've always been told Venkys will back a promotion push if we are doing well. Yet mere months on from selling Armstrong and not reinvesting any of it now all the talk is about selling the next star man. All this talk perplexing when the focus should be on adding options to this squad in January to take us to where we want to be.

A very weird way of doing things to focus on who gets sold in January when really there should be no such talk in our position. Clubs serious about promotion wouldn't entertain it.

As for Venkys I'd be surprised if they have a clue where we are in the table.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Venkys have invested nothing in improving facilities beyond the essential requirements of maintaining what we have and the requirements to comply with Category 1 academy status.

So if I'm supposed to believe that they are now taking such an interest to develop a BETTER training/academy facility than the one we already have - well I won't be doing.

If there's any truth in it I suspect it will be another downscale and corner cutting job motivated purely by the attraction of throwing up houses on Brockhall and the cash that comes with it.

And you don't sell your best player in January when in with a shot at promotion. Even if that means losing him for less in the summer (which we probably won't because the summer is a better time to sell) it is still worth it to have as good a shot as possible at promotion.

We've always been told Venkys will back a promotion push if we are doing well. Yet mere months on from selling Armstrong and not reinvesting any of it now all the talk is about selling the next star man. All this talk perplexing when the focus should be on adding options to this squad in January to take us to where we want to be.

A very weird way of doing things to focus on who gets sold in January when really there should be no such talk in our position. Clubs serious about promotion wouldn't entertain it.

As for Venkys I'd be surprised if they have a clue where we are in the table.

The new training facility storyline, shifting STC ownership so that 'new' ownership can restart the application process - this has the stamp of Venus the property developer all over it. Tried, fecked up and failed at Coventry.

And yet some on here think its a 2nd coming just because a crook whispers in their ear.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

This. After all that's happened people still trust them to do the right thing when the contrary evidence is right before their eyes viz state of the stadium and state of the pitch!

Bonkers.

• Like 4

On 12/12/2021 at 01:03, J*B said:

I’ve no idea - but that’s the rumour which is going around at the moment. I don’t know how true it is, but I wanted to tell you what I thought he was talking about. And his subsequent reply makes it sound like I’m right. @1864roverite care to share anymore details?

Despite the negativity on here about this, a purchase of 150.2 acres of land doesn't sound like a downsize to me !

• Like 1

Move it into the BwD boundaries so it’s ‘Closer to the community’ ?! Not to get all Vinjay, but that is a small time outlook and also ignorant of the realities of where much of our fanbase now resides.

There are an absolute load of Rovers fans in the RV these days, I imagine Langho itself will have plenty more than many districts of Blackburn. We need to be doing MORE outside BwD, not less.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8