BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

swag has no idea and/or understanding of his target market,hence the to high walk on price and virtually no engagement with fans,i doubt he would listen to anyone either,all the guy needs to do is swallow his pride and ask a handful of fans why crowds are so low

I don't think he cares mate to be honest he can't be that stupid hes been  around Blackburn he'll know the area is a low wage, high breadline rate borough.

He has though never made secret of the fact his business policies revolve around squeezing what you have until it runs dry. That's how he operates and that's why he was at clubs on the slide like Charlton and Coventry. He's a downgrader i'd like to see evidence of anything hes been in charge of building up.

Now take that into account and look at the year on year price hikes, cutting of operational staff, shabby ground and pitch, year on year loss of thousands of regular fans.  Factor in a load of players not being happy with what they are being offered as well and the potential again of selling anyone who's worth anything IF he gets the nod from India. 

Then there's the plans to squash the training ground and academy together and a few other 'projects'.

That is the guys mantra as well as making space for his own mammoth wages. Despite any sweet talking he's doing he is at the end of the day just a suit with no connection to Rovers other than earn what he can whilst he can.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, J*B said:

Whoa - one minute:

19/20 Newcastle Attendance (Mike Ashley) - 35,551 out of 52,300 (67% full)

19/20 Nottingham Forest Attendance (Marinakis) - 21,617 out of 30,445 (71% full) 

19/20 Birmingham City Attendance (Cho Hung) - 15,975 out of 29,409 (54% full)

19/20 Sheffield Wednesday Attendance (Chansiri) - 18,573 out of 39,859 (46% full)

19/20 Bradford Attendance - 14,257 out of 25,123 (56% full)

19/20 Blackpool Attendance - 8,770 out of 16,220 (54% full) 

19/20 Bolton Attendance - 11,511 out of 28,723 (40% full)

19/20 Blackburn Attendance 11,460 out of 31,367 (36% full) 

Granted Rovers are bottom of this list - but they've also got the third biggest stadium which skews the numbers and are a town club in the Championship. The reality is any bad owner has a negative impact on tickets sold and the longer that ownership continues to be considered 'bad' the more the number drops. 

When Venkys took over Rovers average attendance was 25,000 out of 31,367 (79% full) which tells its own story. During Venkys ownership we've lost 13,540 fans on average. Where do you work? Would your boss accept a 43% drop in anything? Mine wouldn't!

Some of these will have been away fans, but there's no hiding from the big issue here. Fans have either: stopped following Rovers because they're not a PL side (up to Rovers to fix), stopped following Rovers because they no longer enjoy it (see our huge away followings - this is up to Rovers to fix) or stopped following Rovers because they don't agree with the ownership/management (this is up to Rovers to fix).

You are totally missing my post re fans backing their clubs through thick and thin. Rovers are way off the mark fan wise supporting their team inside the ground 

Just now, 1864roverite said:

You are totally missing my post re fans backing their clubs through thick and thin. Rovers are way off the mark fan wise supporting their team inside the ground 

Have you completely forgotten everything that has gone on since the day they bought the club?  You actually expected all 25000 fans to stay and support the team through it all. I am lost for words.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

But you still aren’t blaming the fans though, yeah?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I am unsure if Waggott is really lucky to have you in his ear, or if it is not very productive to have someone who thinks so much like him.

Solely blame the fans, lets not bother with constructive ways to get those floating fans back, and lets really absorb ourselves in a culture of how limited we should be.

It is down to the CLUB to get attendances up.

I think these 3 scenarios are a little too simplistic. A key factor is pricing which Rovers can also fix to be fair, and unlike attaining PL status (although selling our best player would very much be the opposite of trying to do that) it is much easier to achieve.

If as explained by 1864roverite a series of additional incomes are potentially limited by a 2/3's empty stadium, then surely the club would put even more emphasis on getting attendances up.

Waggott's simplistic examples given in the last fans forum only included extreme examples to "prove" that he is justified in putting up prices so much, ie really high v one off deals. It doesn't factor in a reasonably priced middle ground, and it doesn't consider the long term or any other ramifications.

where do you think he is my friend and a close ally/associate or whatever you suggest/claim?

Where do you get the idea I like him ?

The Rovers support do actually have a part to play if they can see through their hated views of the owners and indeed look at a positive or alternative view in seeing the players doing a very good job. I want TM out I want wholesale change I want ownership change and I saying that I will still go to Ewood I will still go to away games because the team matters it’s pretty simple born and bred Blackburn fan blood runners blue and white.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Have you completely forgotten everything that has gone on since the day they bought the club?  You actually expected all 25000 fans to stay and support the team through it all. I am lost for words.

No I haven’t I have set example where clubs have suffered as well but still back their team through thick and thin

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

But you still aren’t blaming the fans though, yeah?

No I am pointing out an observation Khod the fans can play their part in the recovery of the club by supporting their team. The blame lies within the club senior management and owners not the players or the name of BRFC

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

Their ownership has changed hasn't it? That's way many are waiting for here! Odd post.

But are they?

Why hold it against this crop of players who should be the reason and reason alone why fans should get behind them and roar them on to bigger and better things ?

The owners don’t attend so by abstaining are they actually damaging any prospects of promotion ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

No I am pointing out an observation Khod the fans can play their part in the recovery of the club by supporting their team. The blame lies within the club senior management and owners not the players or the name of BRFC

But while the owners and senior management don't change, the team can't carry on regardless can they?

Example---we lost 12 players last summer, we signed 6---some on loan.

Example--we have several players out of contract (or soon will be) and this has been allowed to run on and on.

Your attempt to distinguish between the club and the team is disingenuous.

Your'e blaming the fans, they didn't relegate us or appoint Coyle or dismantle the squad.

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

But are they?

Why hold it against this crop of players who should be the reason and reason alone why fans should get behind them and roar them on to bigger and better things ?

The owners don’t attend so by abstaining are they actually damaging any prospects of promotion ?

I'll leave it there. Rovers fans taking it out on he players? What planet are you on?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

But while the owners and senior management don't change, the team can't carry on regardless can they?

Example--we have several players out of contract (or soon will be) and this has been allowed to run on and on.

Your'e blaming the fans, they didn't relegate us or appoint Coyle or dismantle the squad.

I am not blaming the fans I am saying the fans have a part to play if they want the club to be successful by getting behind the players despite whatever view they hold on Sw or the owners like other fans have done at various clubs point of note look at how forest fans have reacted and how their club has improved.

SW has no impact on the team as it goes game to game unless of course he sells a player under the nose of the manager. It doesn’t stop improvements on the park or game performance.

players come and go like managers fans remain the mainstay of clubs. Players improve from  positive crowd reactions from bigger crowds.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'll leave it there. Rovers fans taking it out on he players? What planet are you on?

You are totally missing the point yet again! Rovers fans are missing a great season by staying away it’s to their own detriment. If fans want to get behind the team and see them promoted then my view is simple come to the ground and support the team players it’s a pretty simple suggestion

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I am a mere supporter and if you cannot grasp or understand put me on ignore 

Did you miss this bit regarding your claim that Bolton fans have a, "united fanbase?"

the people responsible for ours are still here.....

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Rovers fans are missing a great season by staying away it’s to their own detriment.

So these adult, sentient human beings don't have a clue about what's best for them?

Extreme arrogance on your part.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AAK said:

Rovers fans are still living their nightmare!!!!!!! Its been going on for 11 years now! One decent half season in the championship isn’t going to make up for 11 years of absolute shite.

Bolton, Wigan and the likes have rode their nightmare, and on the back of that, and only on the back of that, have their crowds risen, due to renewed optimism.

people constantly miss the fact that rovers fans are still living the nightmare with shite owners, no matter how much the likes of you dress the venkys.

There is no more renewed optimism than sitting 4th in the championship as an alternative to div 1!

36 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

where do you think he is my friend and a close ally/associate or whatever you suggest/claim?

Where do you get the idea I like him ?

The Rovers support do actually have a part to play if they can see through their hated views of the owners and indeed look at a positive or alternative view in seeing the players doing a very good job. I want TM out I want wholesale change I want ownership change and I saying that I will still go to Ewood I will still go to away games because the team matters it’s pretty simple born and bred Blackburn fan blood runners blue and white.

You are echoing and falling for the unconstructive spiel that has regularly seaped out of the club in the last few years as an attempt to fend off any internal blame as to why attendances are so low.

The majority of the core support are still attending games now. You seem to not be able to understand that at no club is every supporter someone with not only an equal passion in the club but similar circumstances to be able to attend games. It is not a duty to attend games, thinking that it is will not increase gates.

As an aside, you seem to assume/imply that any lapsed supporters are no longer attending purely out of protest against the owners which is totally untrue. You also seldom if ever consider price as a reason why people either cant and/or wont go.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

This is the least transfery transfer thread ever

To be fair, you wouldn't expect that much to happen until January anyway and there has been a lot of discussion about the fate of DL RN JR and BB which I think is relevant to a transfer thread.

2 hours ago, 47er said:

We lost 12 players and signed 6 and our squad looks far better and fresher. 

We have several players out of contract soon and we are negotiating new deals. If they go, then so be it. That's the player's choice. We'll bring in some replacements. 

48 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

We lost 12 players and signed 6 and our squad looks far better and fresher. 

We have several players out of contract soon and we are negotiating new deals. If they go, then so be it. That's the player's choice. We'll bring in some replacements. 

We will struggle to adequately replace our best players on a pittance. It seems that none are close to new deals with the owners unwilling to get close to their demands. So be it is a flippant take on it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

I will have a go at some thoughts/ideas for the window:

Venkys will never get another opportunity like this to get some of their money back, it's been a long time coming but we are very close to reaching the holy grail. The team is coming of age in front of eyes. It pains me to see Rothwell and Nyambe running down the contracts like this, but you still keep them if you can till summer. The 3-5-2, we have seen it dominate this division before in the form of Sheff Utd a couple of years ago. Tony has tried to get it working over the years, but we finally have the personnel for it. 

Areas I would look to strengthen if Venkys were to free up some cash in January and have go at it:

Centre Half - Got a good 4 back there but need another one. I would go for Ryan Porteous(1.2m) off Hibs, young, great in the air and has shown huge potential, bit of a hot head but Tony might be able to calm him down. Reports of 1m offers going in. Would obviously love to get Van Hecke on a permanent too. Injury record of the back four we have now isn't great. 

Right Wing Back - Mahlon Romeo(1.5m) has been the best right back in league 1 this year, don't know what the situation is at Millwall with him, but he can't be happy about getting shunted out on loan, and who would really want to play for Millwall anyway? Always been impressed with him against us. Very fast, and full of energy, only 26 too, and plenty of experience. See if he can oust Nyambe, who can also play in the back three. Shame JRC can't get off the bloody table, as I think RWB is his best position.

Centre Midfield - Need another for sure here, Clarkson away back to Liverpool, Johnson can't run and Davenport still not sure on. The three we got in there have been unreal this year. I would try to get Hannibal on loan from Utd, he isn't getting a game, and Utd won't be gambling with him any time soon. Can be this year's Elliott, a stud. 

Striker - Seems Josh Maja (700k) is the one Tony wants and sounds as if Bordeaux want him gone. Injury issues but a good age(22), and now some experience in Europe, bring him in and have him take his time getting his fitness in. I really like Khadra, he wasn't great against Bournemouth, but he still looks terrifying for their defense playing up top with Breo. Fancy him to come good on Sat against Birmingham. Gallagher decent depth but need another out and out Striker.

Then the Ace card is Bradley Dack, add him in when he is fully ready.

Send back Poveda and Clarkson, add the four above and refuse offers on everyone. No reason why we couldn't finish top two.

Sold 💙

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

It’s glass half full vs glass half empty. No one can win this argument because they are character types. Some people re-Frame everything in their life to find the positive, others do the same to find the negative. The actual facts remain the same. 

What is true though are two things. You have a choice on how you perceive what has happened AND you have a choice on what you do about it….and as a Blackburn Rovers supporter. A lover of the club I don’t think we’ve EVER had a better chance to go up than this season, since we were relegated. This young team have got ‘something’ about them and they need our backing to get to a collective goal…the premier league!

So if fans can find it in their hear to get back to the stadium and support this group then I’m sure it will only serve to improve those chances of promotion further. It doesn’t signify that we support Venkys are that all is forgiven. But it does tell a young footballer that we care and appreciate them….then who knows what we could achieve!

Aided and abetted by something being done by the club, to encourage this and we will be there. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lraC said:

Aided and abetted by something being done by the club, to encourage this and we will be there. 

Yes, help from the club would be good. But as I said before, we decide how we perceive what’s happening externally to us and we decide what action to take…..so once we make that decision it doesn’t matter whether the club lay of £10 tickets, 5 game bundles or a tray of free sandwiches,. We’re going! 

• Like 1