BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

52 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Looks like Sheff Utds scouting department knew what they were looking for when they put in an offer for him a couple of years back 🙂

A lot on here would've snatched their hands off at 3 million never mind 5.

Just goes to show what has been said all along, get a system to suit what you have instead of trying to make them do something that they struggle with.

• Like 3

if this winning streak continues you can bet all three contract rebels will change their mind about not signing,nothing like a sniff of the premier league and bigger wages to get a footballer excited,as it stands neither of the three are going to get an offer from the anyone of the top flight,the top half will be looking to the continent for a european place push and the bottom half will want established top flight players to fend off the dreaded relegation,provided swag and venkys give them a good deal and don`t take the **** with a derisory offer i think in the end they`ll sign

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if this winning streak continues you can bet all three contract rebels will change their mind about not signing,nothing like a sniff of the premier league and bigger wages to get a footballer excited,as it stands neither of the three are going to get an offer from the anyone of the top flight,the top half will be looking to the continent for a european place push and the bottom half will want established top flight players to fend off the dreaded relegation,provided swag and venkys give them a good deal and don`t take the **** with a derisory offer i think in the end they`ll sign

TBH - with the uncertainty around Covid and the impact on footballs finances - they would be best advised to sign even a short term contract - unless of course they can sign a cast iron pre-contract agreement in January with another team.

I would be interested how they would be placed if they got an injury prior to the end of their contracts ?

I am not saying it would be any different - but given the impact of Covid - I do have some sympathy for the people making the contracts decisions at Rovers at the moment. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Do you honestly think Gallagher should be on more than Nyambe?

I.e. do you think Gallagher is more important than Nyambe?

It doesn't matter cos you haven't taking into the Nyambe came through the academy and whilst we signed Gallagher from PL club and PL wages. 

Every member of this current squad is important in the current situation. Its the team spirit and togetherness thats as us in 3rd place and looking very strong. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It doesn't matter cos you haven't taking into the Nyambe came through the academy and whilst we signed Gallagher from PL club and PL wages. 

Every member of this current squad is important in the current situation. Its the team spirit and togetherness thats as us in 3rd place and looking very strong. 

Just answer the question please? 

In your opinion should Gallagher be on more than Nyambe purely on ability.?

I don't care where they've come from, it's down to ability.

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Just answer the question please? 

In your opinion should Gallagher be on more than Nyambe purely on ability.?

I don't care where they've come from, it's down to ability.

Your question was answered. You are oversimplified the question 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's irrelevant that we signed Gally from a PL team on high wages.

At the end of the day, he is less valuable to us right now than any of the other three, and we are presumably throwing more wages at him, than them, to keep him on. If we can do it for him, we could do it for them instead.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

At the end of the day, he is less valuable to us right now than any of the other three, and we are presumably throwing more wages at him, than them, to keep him on. If we can do it for him, we could do it for them instead.

29 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

You've literally not answered it Chaddy its an easy yes or no.

Guys I have nothing more to add to my previous post on this. 

6 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Gallagher should be let go, when he came on against Birmingham he was clearly not at the same level. A bad player in a good squad. If the club is offering a new contract they are throwing good money after bad. 

Harsh very very harsh.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Gallagher should be let go, when he came on against Birmingham he was clearly not at the same level. A bad player in a good squad. If the club is offering a new contract they are throwing good money after bad. 

I wasn't at Saturday's game but he made a big difference when he came on for Khadra at Bournemouth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Guys I have nothing more to add to my previous post on this. 

Not surprised. But if you'd rather lose Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell for nothing in the summer, or nominal fees now during a promotion charge, than lose Gallagher for free in 18 months (a situation that could likely be avoided easily anyway this summer once we have been promoted or sold BBD), then I've got nothing else to say to you on the subject either. I know where I stand though.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Not surprised. But if you'd rather lose Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell for nothing in the summer, or nominal fees now during a promotion charge, than lose Gallagher for free in 18 months (a situation that could likely be avoided easily anyway this summer once we have been promoted or sold BBD), then I've got nothing else to say to you on the subject either. I know where I stand though.

I rather not lose members of this current squad who are out of contract despite me not being Nyambe's biggest fan but these players have been offered new improve contracts offers by the club and we have been talks for nearly 18 months. Hopefully they can get a deals done before end of the season but I don't see any being linked to other Championship clubs plus are they going to get better financial offers given that most championship clubs are having a financial reset now

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I’m sure similar things were said about BBD before he went to Chile.

Gallagher has been one of our biggest goal contributors this season and has all the qualities to be a top player for us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

Absolutely, 100%.

A mate of mine up from London for the game who only gets chance to watch us from time to time couldn't believe how poor he was

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We were already 1 up weren't we?

Yes we were. But Khadra had had a poor game, unable to get involved and as a result we were finding it hard to keep possession higher up the pitch. Gallagher came on playing wide right and was a constant outlet, keeping hold of the ball and relieving any pressure on the defence. If led to Rovers seeing the game out very comfortably. Some times you need to make adjustments depending on the circumstances on the day and no team can get promoted based just on a first choice eleven.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Miker said:

I’m sure similar things were said about BBD before he went to Chile.

Gallagher has been one of our biggest goal contributors this season and has all the qualities to be a top player for us.

So your argument is we should rely on Gallagher having a fluke callup to another nation and go on a totally unforeseen one in a thousand adventure and upturn in form? Hope lightning strikes again? And let three players currently of more importance leave rather than making them a better offer with the money from Gally's extension (and as I said, still having the money to make Gally a good offer in the summer as we are either getting promoted or selling BBD)?

Let's say I even buy that, why don't we extend that to Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell? If Ben Brereton can improve by that much, and Gallagher can improve by that much, they can improve by that much.

I'm not even dissing Gallagher, I think he is fairly useful and people are harsh on him - some very harsh on him - but it's hard to argue that shoring up his contract way ahead of time instead of putting those funds into keeping three players who are all giving us more value on the pitch than he is, is the right call, especially when our financial situation will very likely improve in the summer and you would think allow us to extend his deal anyway.

We also didn't have three valuable assets expiring when we failed to give BBD a new deal.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Here is a novel thought, why don't we wait and see what happens in January. 

Merry Christmas Everyone.

You're in the wrong thread if you don't want to talk about it until January. Merry Christmas

• Like 1