BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

5 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Surprised at the reluctance regarding Maja. Really talented player who has abit of everything, at only 22 he has some real resale value aswell.

What's to be surprised about though? The reservations aren't over any of that, they're over his back injury.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Chaddy do me a favour and don’t mention wide forward just in case Mr Mowbray sees 

The 3-5-2 is working wonders with Brereton and Khadra starting centrally and being allowed to drift. Them starting out wide and drifting inwards led to some terrible football if you ask me. 

If he moves away from this formation and this squad (barring injuries) I’ll lose my shit 

The front 2 stay wide some of the time and move in central some of the time. They played looks for gaps around the wide centre backs and not playing against middle centre back in their back 3 on Saturday

13 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Surprised at the reluctance regarding Maja. Really talented player who has abit of everything, at only 22 he has some real resale value aswell.

if his injury had clean up and he was match fit then gamble on him. Rovers might well take that risk. 

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

I think we'll be seeing Maja come in on loan. Questions over his fitness mean we should hold back from signing him permanently for now.

Another option at right back is a must. If we are looking at a Poveda replacement I would try and get Elanga or Diallo on loan from United. We apparently failed to land the former in the summer. It could be different now if they want him to get game time elsewhere.

I think Povade was mentioned as an example of the type of player that we need. Except a right sided version of him.

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’d be amazed if we weren’t back in for Maja. I fully expect it to be a loan with an option to buy.

Maja would be Brereton replacement for next season I guess unless we get promote. 

Think a fit Maja would be asset to our promotion bid

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I’d be amazed if we weren’t back in for Maja. I fully expect it to be a loan with an option to buy.

Best scenario imo. Could give us something a bit different if BBD is not feeling up to par. Also, and knock on wood of course, could be our long term replacement if BBD does leave.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BigUts said:

LT reporting that both Van Hecke and Khadra increasingly likely to be recalled next month. Losing those two would be a HUGE kick in the ballcocks!

Really? That'd be incredibly disappointing but I really don't see the logic. They've probably started about 15 games between them but are now looking like key players in a potential promotion push. Does the LT say why? I suppose it would make sense if they had an injury crisis, but it's not as though they're anywhere near the bottom 3. 

4 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Really? That'd be incredibly disappointing but I really don't see the logic. They've probably started about 15 games between them but are now looking like key players in a potential promotion push. Does the LT say why? I suppose it would make sense if they had an injury crisis, but it's not as though they're anywhere near the bottom 3. 

Well the obvious answer is Covid cases. Brighton probably don’t care that much about our promotion push and need the extra numbers in case they’re hit hard by Covid. We’d do the same in their position.

16 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

See below

10 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Well the obvious answer is Covid cases. Brighton probably don’t care that much about our promotion push and need the extra numbers in case they’re hit hard by Covid. We’d do the same in their position.

19 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

They won't care about the promotion push for us, but good experience for their players to develop & increase their value vs having them sat on the bench.

Ridiculously though, I hadn't really factored in Omicron, so you've probably hit the nail on the head there. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BigUts said:

LT reporting that both Van Hecke and Khadra increasingly likely to be recalled next month. Losing those two would be a HUGE kick in the ballcocks!

It doesnt say increasingly likely?It says Potter didnt rule out recalling loan players in January due to covid ,the same as what the let said the other day

1 hour ago, BigUts said:

To be fair they haven’t really. They’ve just repeated that potter has discussed the potential of recalling loanees to deal with covid. Though I agree it’s a massive concern.

Personally I think we’ll be safe with Khadra and Van Hecke - they are playing weekly in a team pushing for promotion and they both clearly really enjoy it here. As far as I am aware they have a string of players out on loan and I imagine there’ll be a number of players they would rather recall. Both Khadra and Van Hecke are getting invaluable experience and doing wonders to their resell value. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It doesnt say increasingly likely?It says Potter didnt rule out recalling loan players in January due to covid ,the same as what the let said the other day

Sorry I was paraphrasing...if covid cases are greater (which they are) then clearly the risk increases that they'll be recalled.

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We need to do all we can to keep the two lads from Brighton. If they were to go back and the 3 supposed want always, Lenihan, Rothwell and Nyambe, leave we’d be left with half a team.

Indeed, it's stating the bleeding obvious but I was about to say, that's only Lenihan, Rothwell, Nyambe, Brereton, Van Hecke and Khedra off in January then.

Time for Waggott to earn his £300k p.a. for once.

• Like 3