BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

4 hours ago, riverholmes said:

I will watch Clarkson's career with interest. Like Poveda, he was thrown into a unstable team without a coherent formation and didn't greatly impress. He was, I think, playing the AM role in 433, which is I suspect, very new.

However, I thought that he could've got minutes off the bench to show his ability, later on, as Poveda did. However, if Mowbray doesn't rate him, it makes sense for all for him to go back to Liverpool - especially as there was possibly an obligation to have him in the matchday squad when fit.

Thank god he didn't get in the way of our own players development.

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Thank god he didn't get in the way of our own players development.

I am surprised that this obsession regarding an unwillingness to treat loan players equally continues to be fair.

Are you happy with Van Hecke and Khadra, both of whom have been very good, or would you prefer 2 inferior players (Carter and Dolan) to play, being our own youngsters?

Football is not just about the long term, you can't take your eye off the here and now. If we treated players only here for this season unfavourably then Nyambe, Lenihan, Van Hecke, Rothwell and Khadra all wouldn't be starting games.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, briansol said:

Crewe should be a good match considering they play decent football and their youth policy.

I wouldn't say that of Crewe at all. They're where they are for a reason. Still a good move for him.

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am surprised that this obsession regarding an unwillingness to treat loan players equally continues to be fair.

Are you happy with Van Hecke and Khadra, both of whom have been very good, or would you prefer 2 inferior players (Carter and Dolan) to play, being our own youngsters?

Football is not just about the long term, you can't take your eye off the here and now. If we treated players only here for this season unfavourably then Nyambe, Lenihan, Van Hecke, Rothwell and Khadra all wouldn't be starting games.

If they improve the side, of course loans should be utilised - and are across the league.

But when they come and are as raw and lightweight as Clarkson, what’s the point?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If they improve the side, of course loans should be utilised - and are across the league.

But when they come and are as raw and lightweight as Clarkson, what’s the point?

Of course, but the issue is with the players quality or lack of, and inability to impact games. If Clarkson was a loanee, on a 1 year deal or on a 5 year deal, he should equally be nowhere near the team.

If we signed an older player on a short term deal and he wasn't improving the team, or even if it was a player on a long term deal, the "getting in the way of our own youngsters" line wouldn't be trotted out, whereas with all of the loan signings, it was regularly regurgitated before they had joined.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

As soon as Clarkson leaves the Rovers, I don't give a damn what he does.

Well some of us are very interested how his career goes given he is Blackburn Rovers fan

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Carter and Dolan have both an impact on here season. Dolan played a major roles in wins against Swansea, Cardiff and Reading for example. Just like Khadra has against Preston and Sheffield united for example. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

On 29/12/2021 at 00:13, Ulrich said:

I'm actually the sort who would do what is best for all parties. He will get his sunny move but he should remember those who have helped him along the way and repay them too, as without them he doesn't get his dream. It's a sad indictment of today's world that people often forget the role of others and shaft them for their own gain. If that were tried with me, I'm hard enough to extend his contract and ban him from the club, saying enjoy 18 months off, let's see who will sign you after no games/training for 1.5 years.  We don't need the money, we'll sign Tony Watt 👍 see you later.

This is not how football works...  If Fifa/Uefa had to say, every club only has a max salary of 35k per player, do you think players would move that often? Fact of the matter is this, our only hope is that we can convince BBD to sign and extension, and that he can lead us to the PL,  and then see if he wants to stay or not. If he still wants to leave, great, we can take an offer of 25 to 30 mill for him, and still be happy about it. 

18 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Venkys now face THE biggest Acid test of their tenure at this Club...we are in a fantastic position and our hand is strong.

They either back us for Promotion,and the financial riches that would follow,or they sell for short term gains and wreck our best chance in a decade.

January.....do or die,shit or bust.

personally think if they dont back Mowbray now, then it will clearly show there lack of ambition once again. Imo, if they dont come through now, they might as well just finally call it quits and sell the club.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I don't think they were setting out for where we are now for one min, i;m not saying it's a fluke but i'd wager its surprised everybody.

Imo we were gearing up for another mid table plod and rotation policy involving the likes of Buckley, Poveda, Clarkson and Khadra etc. So in a normal Rovers season he'd have had a lot more time whether he was good bad or indifferent.

Thankfully this squad and its natural leaders had other ideas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Nobody has called it world beating. But he went from being pretty much useless to being a useful player, and that was a significant improvement.

I'm quite sure I'm on record that I expected 10-15 goals this season from him even if he played wide. Which is a 10 to 15 fold increase on what we got from him in his first two seasons. Of course, what has happened since, nobody expected.

I was exaggerating but history is being rewritten by a few people out there, not necessarily here.

I only remember a few games last season where I thought he could do a job. I remember one game he played out of his skin but nothing spectacular.

Granted that’s a few more games than previous. 

27 minutes ago, booth said:

I was exaggerating but history is being rewritten by a few people out there, not necessarily here.

I only remember a few games last season where I thought he could do a job. I remember one game he played out of his skin but nothing spectacular.

Granted that’s a few more games than previous. 

An alternative take is that their opinions on his performances last season differed from yours. Which is fine. I distinctly remember debate on whether he was now a decent player, decent squad option, or still not good enough.

38 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

If RN still declines the contract offer, there is a far better player in the lad Byrne, the right back at Derby. He is pacy and athletic and has a really good final pass on him.

No way is Nathan Byrne better than Nyambe, especially defensively.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

An alternative take is that their opinions on his performances last season differed from yours. Which is fine. I distinctly remember debate on whether he was now a decent player, decent squad option, or still not good enough.

Yep their opinion is that he was looking worth the money we paid last season before injury. My opinion is they are rewriting history a bit with that.

But hey if that makes them feel better about themselves that’s fine with me.

1 minute ago, MCMC1875 said:

Someone is waging a one man war against one of our great players, Nyambe. I wonder why?

Hopefully Ryan goes nowhere near this site, as anyone reading some of this, would think we have a liability on our hands.

6 minutes ago, lraC said:

Exactly, yet Roverite seems to want to blame Nayambe, for almost every goal we have conceded, when he is playing.

What a crock of shite you spout   Where have I said I don’t like him or want him out? If he signs great news if he won’t sell and replace. As for pointing out shortfalls in his game ? It is what fans of football do

Edited by 1864roverite

10 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Someone is waging a one man war against one of our great players, Nyambe. I wonder why?

I missed the ‘great player’ bit! He is not a great YET. He has some way to go not to mention he needs to be consistently good before he can become a great