BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can see your point but for me we stand a better chance of going up with Brereton then not. Plus you got to the negative impact of selling him on the manager, playing squad and the fans. Plus getting promotion will increases the likely hood of him signing a new long term contract here  

Absolutely we would seem to have a better chance with him than without. So my price would likely be well above what anyone will pay, and only with a replacement lined up. In practical terms I'm saying I wouldn't sell him, but in theory there's always a price.

But whilst we are on the topic of negative impact on the playing squad if we don't sell him, we have to consider the potential for him to be unhappy and that rub off on the other players. As a wild, unrealistic example, let's say someone offered 60 milli and we said no. The player would likely have been on for wages of 100k upwards in a deal like that. No matter how happy he is here at the moment, refusing him the chance to earn that kind of ludicrous money, which may be once in a lifetime, would be very likely to unsettle him. In which case we might not get his best anymore. Other players may even resent him not being given the chance and worry they won't get to make lucrative moves in future.

There are a lot of variables to consider if we get a stupid, stupid offer. Fortunately I don't see it reaching the point where the player is likely to insist on a move or the club feels it can't resist the offer. His value to us right now has to be higher than his value to anyone else, especially since he doesn't have any Premiership experience and has only been outstanding for 6 months or less.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Bit out of left field this one, but perhaps Oli Burke is being lined up as a right wing back. Believe he may have played there before for Celtic.

I think he would really struggle playing right wing back from left field.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos his attributes fit how we want play like pace and pressing from the front but maybe doesn't fit how Sheffield United play..

You havent read my point. Im not saying that if a player doesnt fit in one team then he wont fit in any team. Burke has had a poor career thus far and I dont want him here but thats not my point. Im saying if he was any good, would a top 6 challenger lend a player to a direct rival?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Remember when we came up from Div.1 we gave out bigger contracts to the heroes of that campaign only for 12 months later everyone complained their contracts were too big and long.

You're not seriously comparing Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell to the likes of Graham, Mulgrew, Bennett and Evans are you?

There"s no comparison whatsoever primarily due to their respective ages.

13 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Sky are reporting that the owners have said no one is for sale.

About time but good on them nonetheless.

Perhaps Mowbray can stop bleating on about how he wouldn't stand in BBD's way if a decent offer came in for him and start telling us how he plans to strengthen for a genuine tilt at promotion now.

• Like 5

simple situation is we need 2 or 3 players to see us through possible injury spells and fatigue,if the indians don`t invest now then whats the point,we`ll end up in a pne like statis,stumbling between the middle divisions for the rest of eternity,venkys are supposed billionares,not like the bill fox years when we used to run out of steam in febuary because we did`nt have any cash to bring in extra legs,none of us expect killian m`bappe to arrive,just spend some cash on boosting the squad

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Sky are reporting that the owners have said no one is for sale.

Of course this doesn't stop a players (agent) head being turned.

In fairness to the venkys, for all their flaws, they've always been pretty good when it comes to selling players. Squeezing money out of the Phil Jones deal, not having to sell unless we have to etc. I see no reason for that to change when it's vital to keep someone

• Like 3

I think there’s a real closeness in the squad. Dack and BBD bromance has been good to see and I can’t help but think Ben will be keen to see it through and get promotion with us. I may be wrong but I’m hoping that’s the case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

About time but good on them nonetheless.

Perhaps Mowbray can stop bleating on about how he wouldn't stand in BBD's way if a decent offer came in for him and start telling us how he plans to strengthen for a genuine tilt at promotion now.

Mowbray is probably more interested in what his agent chums/associates want to happen than what's really best for our club. 

Can you imagine Souness or Dalglish, etc just patting their most in form player on the shoulder and saying 'you just go do what's best for you son'! Would they bollooks theyd kick them into the reserves for a fortnight if they didn't think the player was 💯 commited to the cause

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I think there’s a real closeness in the squad. Dack and BBD bromance has been good to see and I can’t help but think Ben will be keen to see it through and get promotion with us. I may be wrong but I’m hoping that’s the case.

is`nt dack big mates with rothwell,read something about both their wives being close as well,out of three contract rebels i think rothwell is the most important to us,you can replace lenihan with ayala(fitness pending) and though we`ll miss nyambes constant marauding down the right and his tackling,a full back  who can cross a ball would be an asset we could do with

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Mowbray is probably more interested in what his agent chums/associates want to happen than what's really best for our club. 

Can you imagine Souness or Dalglish, etc just patting their most in form player on the shoulder and saying 'you just go do what's best for you son'! Would they bollooks theyd kick them into the reserves for a fortnight if they didn't think the player was 💯 commited to the cause

Couldn't agree more.

As I've said before Mowbray is employed as manager of Blackburn Rovers to do what's best for the Club, not act in the best interests of BBD or any other individual player.

That's the job of the players' agents.

Could be an exciting few months if no-one leaves and we can make a couple of quality additions.

Not really buzzing at the thought of the likes of Souttar/Hedges/Burke though.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Totally without foundation to imply that Mowbray is encouraging bids for his/people he knows to personally benefit, and also that the player is anything but 100% committed.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

looking at his club record(8 clubs,30 million quid in transfer fees  and he`s only 24)gives you an insight there is a serious problem somewhere,he could`nt even hack it at celtic,who ar`nt in the habit of letting good scottish players slip through their graspt,tbh id`e rather have marshall burke and he must be in his 60`s by now😁

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

I’d be cautiously optimistic with the potential signing of Burke. 
He looks to have been a player with lots of potential in the past who’s lost his way. 
Maybe he will work it out here, who knows? He’s obviously got something about him with the clubs he’s played for already. I think he could do well here tbh.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

looking at his club record(8 clubs,30 million quid in transfer fees  and he`s only 24)gives you an insight there is a serious problem somewhere,he could`nt even hack it at celtic,who ar`nt in the habit of letting good scottish players slip through their graspt,tbh id`e rather have marshall burke and he must be in his 60`s by now😁

Marshall ain't no burk.

Edited by rigger

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Totally without foundation to imply that Mowbray is encouraging bids for his/people he knows to personally benefit, and also that the player is anything but 100% committed.

Well I never said or even implied Bb wasn't committed! ..... But I orieght 🙄

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

44 minutes ago, 47er said:

Leeds?

Personally think that’s fanfare for Chileans. They love Bielsa and they love Brereton. Although that could go a different way too I suppose.

Does direct running BB fit “Bielsa ball”? He still isn’t really a pass and mover and his first touch can be a bit off. Nowt that can’t be improved but I dont think he’s the striker to fire in the goals required to keep them in the Prem. might be wishful thinking. 

• Like 2