BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

42 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

No, he plays because he’s the only RB at the club. When JRC was fit, he was favoured and he isn’t even a natural RB.

Mogadon has always had an issue with Nyambe...even Benno got a game and he not even a natural footballer.

So to say this JRC was favoured is baseless.  Where the feck is he, he's been injured for years....I see no point in wasting money on him anymore.

• Like 3

Mowbray said that we may struggle to name a bench on Saturday. Many players have played so much football already and Pickering being out is a huge blow, along with the impending threat of Covid.

This has to be the time for Venkys to stump a fraction of the Armstrong money back up. We need new players in to help the main 14 or 15, because after that the quality falls off a cliff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

No, he plays because he’s the only RB at the club. When JRC was fit, he was favoured and he isn’t even a natural RB.

That's only because Mowbray either doesn't see eye to eye with him for some unknown reason or has never truly appreciated his talents. Or possibly both. That's probably one of the main reasons we're in this mess regarding his contract.

It doesn't make Nyambe a poor player.

Mowbray also played Bennett at right back in preference to Nyambe to the team's detriment on many many occasions and no-one but no-one apart from Mowbray thinks he was better in the position than Nyambe.

And which manager (apart from Mowbray) humiliates their RB by hooking him off to be replaced by a centre forward, then replacing the centre forward ten minutes later as well.

The majority of people think overall Nyambe is far better than JRC as well.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Fair enough. Rovers twitter is saying 4-6, so fingers crossed it's closer to the lower end of that. Four weeks from last weekend wouldn't be the end of the world with bearing in mind one of the games he'll be missing is in the cup, but if it gets towards the end of February then he'll be missing a concerning number of games. 

Yeah Sharpe said same on twitter, 4-6.So hopefully like you say be at the lower end.Still be a loss Cardiff,Hull and Boro he will definitely miss

12 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Yes - after initially impressing, Edun looks defensively poor when I have seen him play.

Poor recruitment yet again imo.

Spending our only money of the summer on a back up for our only other permanent addition should have been way down our list of priorities and to add to that he hasn't particularly impressed.

Park really needs to get his finger out of his arse this month. He had ample time to bring in a striker after Armstrong was sold but for some reason we spent too long hoping Obafemi would change his mind then left it to the 11th hour and then the Maja deal fell through.

Really amateurish.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Mogadon has always had an issue with Nyambe...even Benno got a game and he not even a natural footballer.

So to say this JRC was favoured is baseless.  Where the feck is he, he's been injured for years....I see no point in wasting money on him anymore.

I rate him and strongly disagree with him being singled out by the manger. To play Bennet in front of him was a joke and I have to say he is one of the best full backs (wing backs if you like) in the current championship.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Yes - after initially impressing, Edun looks defensively poor when I have seen him play.

Been very up and down even within games. Thought he was great in the first half against Coventry, but then faded badly in the second, giving the ball away in some really poor areas.

He looks like he has the raw materials to be a decent player though. I suspect the change in system will help him too, with the three centre backs giving him more room to get forward. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

JRC got mauled off Liverpools 16 year olds before Christmas....woeful... I'm sure when he's fit he will be a world beater though..💪🙄

I've seen you peddle this three or four times since the game in October...

Pitaluga - 19y/o
Stefan Bajcetic Maquieira - 17y/o
Jarell Quansah - 18y/o
Tom Clayton - 21y/o
Tony Gallacher - 22y/o
Morgan Boyes - 20y/o
Elijah Dixon-Bonner - 21/yo
Jack Bearne - 20y/o
Max Woltman - 18y/o
Owen Beck - 19y/o

How you can keep calling this a group of 16-year olds is beyond me. JRC didn't have a great game.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray said that we may struggle to name a bench on Saturday. Many players have played so much football already and Pickering being out is a huge blow, along with the impending threat of Covid.

This has to be the time for Venkys to stump a fraction of the Armstrong money back up. We need new players in to help the main 14 or 15, because after that the quality falls off a cliff.

Luckily the 23's fixture moved from Friday to Sunday. This new Brown fella expected to feature at Brockhall this weekend.

44 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Might be reading too much into it but by process of elimination, does that mean there HAS been interest in Lenihan and/or Rothwell?

Dreaded the same when I read it...

49 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Might be reading too much into it but by process of elimination, does that mean there HAS been interest in Lenihan and/or Rothwell?

Those are the two that people have been asking Sharpe on twitter about.

Its less than 48hrs since sky said that the owners have said nobody for sale.

32 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I've seen you peddle this three or four times since the game in October...

Pitaluga - 19y/o
Stefan Bajcetic Maquieira - 17y/o
Jarell Quansah - 18y/o
Tom Clayton - 21y/o
Tony Gallacher - 22y/o
Morgan Boyes - 20y/o
Elijah Dixon-Bonner - 21/yo
Jack Bearne - 20y/o
Max Woltman - 18y/o
Owen Beck - 19y/o

How you can keep calling this a group of 16-year olds is beyond me. JRC didn't have a great game.

I think you catch my drift Joe.  Nice that you are so bothered ...peddle is a harsh word.  I watched, he looked poor, what more?

I'd have thought someone who's knocking on a top 2 championship starting 11 would have been a stand out...even if not 100%. 

Mog seems to agree at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think you catch my drift Joe.  Nice that you are so bothered ...peddle is a harsh word.  I watched, he looked poor, what more?

I'd have thought someone who's knocking on a top 2 championship starting 11 would have been a stand out...even if not 100%. 

Mog seems to agree at the moment.

If by catch your drift, you mean he spotted your exaggeration, then yes, you are correct.

• Like 3

He still sounds like a man telling the supporters what he wants and communicating with the owners via the press.

He isn't saying that things will or won't happen, just offering an opinion on how it would look if we started selling our best players now.

I stick to my theory that he hasn't heard a peep from India in months and hasn't the foggiest what their plans or thoughts are. His contractual situation all but confirms that.

Still amazes me that people believe we are actively engaged in serious discussions with these out of contract players. Strikes me that Venkys are doing nothing. If Mowbray can't speak to them and has no idea as to their plans how the hell are we meant to keep players?

• Like 4