BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Looks a good player in the Dutch league but the fact he didn't get much playing time at Hertha raises questions. He loves going forward and certainly gets stuck in ..... card waving Championship officials will be kept busy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Looks a good player in the Dutch league but the fact he didn't get much playing time at Hertha raises questions. He loves going forward and certainly gets stuck in ..... card waving Championship officials will be kept busy

Has played in their last 3 matches apparently. Although that raises the question why they're willing to loan him out? No such thing as a perfect-looking transfer lol

Edited by bluebruce

9 minutes ago, yankfan said:

I see at least 3 penalties conceded based on championship officiating standards in the high light reel. Reply shows no foul however. 

There are championship officiating standards? I thought they just flipped a coin in their heads for every decision.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, yankfan said:

I see at least 3 penalties conceded based on championship officiating standards in the high light reel. Reply shows no foul however. 

Zeefuik's gona get ya.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

After skimming that video, I quite like the look of this Zeefuik.

If the speculation is true, I think it most definitely suggests Nyambe is on his way out... not ideal, but Zeefuik as a replacement + £3m for Nyambe's sale isn't exactly the worst thing that could happen to the club this window.

Hopefully just silly season speculation but losing a key member of the first X1 for a loanee who has never played in this Country and who may or may not hit the ground running would be far from the best either.

As capable back up for Nyambe however until the end of the season  looks like he could be a decent acquisition potentially.

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Annoyingly, he tends to be pretty reliable and isn't just Twitter clickbait.

£1million is neither use nor ornament to us for Rothwell if we're serious about going up. The fact that it's Bournemouth just underscores how dreadful it would be to accept that sort of deal (or any deal from them).

They all need to be f***ed off! If Rothwell was offered an additional 5k per week for 2 years over and above what he's currently contractually on, plus the potential 'promotion bonus', why would he think of moving to bloody Bournemouth?

A million quid?, f*ck off! We've been here before, when The Cherries were a tin pot outfit, 30 years ago....Duncan Shearer anyone?

We're The Rovers and we're going up!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 3

Like the look and sound of the dutch right back! And the last relatively unknown defender we signed from Hertha wasn't to shabby😁

Just Wish we could just get deals done and dusted quickly.... And although I see the logic in bringing players in on loan first... It would  be refreshing just to agree a fee and get players signed permanently, a proper transfer signing is always good for fan and club moral. 

Oh and if we do sign a first team right back then We should sack nyambi off to the first crappy club that puts in an offer for the ungrateful mediocre 💩 let him join the rest of the losers whose careers nose dived after they left us for 'bigger things'/more money. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

2 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

£1million is neither use nor ornament to us for Rothwell if we're serious about going up. The fact that it's Bournemouth just underscores how dreadful it would be to accept that sort of deal (or any deal from them).

Let's be honest if ANY of the 3 were to go in January it would likely be a disaster for any hopes we might have of promotion. 

I don't think it would make that much difference that he was going to Bournemouth per se but it would be especially galling for the supporters if we sold him and they went on to be promoted and we dropped out of contention.

As I've said about the RB link, let's hope this just is all silly season speculation. The owners have allegedly been reported on Sky as saying no - one is going anywhere, Mowbray has said no-one is going anywhere, so let's see if they are as good as their word. 

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I’d rather let Rothwell go for free in summer than go o Bournemouth now 

100% agree. Would make absolutely no sense. Tell them to do one & roll the dice for promotion. If he goes at the end of the season so be it, there'll be lots of other out of contract players at the end of the season to replace him with if that's how it pans out.   

12 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Where's the 1 million mentioned? That would surely be considered derisory.

18 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

No surprised they are interested in him but they aren't bigger or better club than us. 

Rovers should be offering him all we can to stay here. He has outstanding this season and one of the reasons why we are challenging for promotion 

Just now, bluebruce said:

Where's the 1 million mentioned? That would surely be considered derisory.

How much would you expect with just 6 months left on his contract?

Just as a point of order, the other story about Leeds being interested in Nyambe claimed we "wanted" £3m for Nyambe. It didn't say anyone was prepared to offer that for him given his contractual situation, and I'd imagine the same applies to the other two.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just as a point of order, the other story about Leeds being interested in Nyambe claimed we "wanted" £3m for Nyambe. It didn't say anyone was prepared to offer that for him given his contractual situation, and I'd imagine the same applies to the other two.

bluebruce's point was where in the rumour does it mention £1m. I couldn't see any mention of that (or any) figure either. 

What he's worth, what we would want for him, what Bournemouth want him for or how much he's been touted in the press for is completely irrelevant to his point.

Edited by RoverKyle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

bluebruce's point was where in the rumour does it mention £1m. I couldn't see any mention of that (or any) figure either. 

What he's worth, what we would want for him, what Bournemouth want him for or how much he's been touted in the press for is completely irrelevant to his point.

It doesn't say it in the article, I think someone on here assumed a likely fee would be £1m given his contractual situation.

Hopefully just silly season talk. "Considering a move for" could mean anything. 

They might or they might not and the author has employed the sort of open ended language that Nixon uses then no-one can say he was wrong whatever happens.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I was mostly pointing out I couldn't see that figure mentioned anywhere outside the poster I was quoting. I wondered if I was missing something. But I'd want a lot more than a million to contemplate it.

The Rothwell of last season, playing for the midtable Rovers of last season, I'd probably expect about a million with 6 months left yes. The Rothwell of this season, in the promotion-chasing Rovers of this season, to a promotion rival? I'd dismiss it out of hand and tell them not to make another insulting bid.

• Like 3